Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Sripad

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Is there a way that I'm unaware to change umpire kits? Not a big fan of the black one.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I have played couple of games on ps5 after latest patch and i can say fielding throwing has improved as compared to last patch rather its MAKE patch as compared to last one (BREAK patch)

Still T20 WC teams/group selection has not fixed and you cannot play like current fixtures that i was hoping to change and its not any rocket science. Even teams are still hard coded to group irrespective of reordering.

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is there a way that I'm unaware to change umpire kits? Not a big fan of the black one.
You can do it by creating your match type under Match Type Designer.
You'll get the option select umpire's kit from a plethora of color options.

sashu_91

County Cricketer
Senseless AI field postions, disastrous fielding, lack of risk in playing lofted shots that too on hardest, this gameplay is way below par playing offline with AI.

Mr Snrub

International Cricketer
What if anything did they actually do with the updated rosters for Australia England New Zealand West Indies and Ireland? All of the likenesses still look exactly the same as prior to the update, which is to say pathetic and distorted with the exception of the West Indies, where at least the faces look human and more or less close to the actual players. Seriously some of them look like they are from the spitting image comedy TV show.

Whoever is in charge of the art for licenced players is more of a caricature artist than anything else and seemingly unable to create real life style appearances.

Rana Pratap Singh_007

Club Cricketer
What if anything did they actually do with the updated rosters for Australia England New Zealand West Indies and Ireland? All of the likenesses still look exactly the same as prior to the update, which is to say pathetic and distorted with the exception of the West Indies, where at least the faces look human and more or less close to the actual players. Seriously some of them look like they are from the spitting image comedy TV show.

Whoever is in charge of the art for licenced players is more of a caricature artist than anything else and seemingly unable to create real life style appearances.
Worst is the new Zealand team.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is it still impossible to actually bowl a slower ball? I have a cutter or slower selected, and the left hand trigger depressed, and it comes out at 140km/h. What to do? My slower ball pace speed is 50 and quicker ball pace speed is 80

Last edited:

JNT BA

@JNT
Big Ant

Although I will quote this since it's nice and close, I'll also go over some other stuff as well. When it comes to the "rosters" this was purely the lineups, not any additional playfaces or any graphical changes. This was just to change to a more up-to-date version of these teams. This is why the options given to everyone at the first load-up were "rosters and lineups", with warnings on them. If it was a graphical change we would have pointed these out in the patch notes. Although we did notice an issue with the Ireland team we did miss a player from the lineup which we will look into.

When it comes to the teams themselves although we did have them licensed, due to the restrictions of covid and actually getting access to certain countries and locations was impossible for us to work a schedule to get these done while countries were in various states of lockdowns.

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@JNT BA, Thank you! As you've pointed out, justice couldn't be done with "Licensing" due to restrictions. We actually can fix it in couple of ways, if I may!
1. There are users like @wasteyouryouth , @GuyIncognito and plenty more, who did amazing jobs in recreating the players from the ground up. Their versions of some "licensed" assets are fantastic. Hasaranga for example. Please allow us to overwrite your "licensed" asset with theirs, so that we can enjoy playing with better looking players, or,
2. Why don't you just "buy" their asset and include in the game as licensed, unless you find a way to do by your graphic design team. (Pretty much doable with photographs and play face IMO)

I don't understand business so thinking simply! Pardon my ignorance!

Users who are viewing this thread