Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

JNT BA

@JNT
Big Ant
@JNT BA, Thank you! As you've pointed out, justice couldn't be done with "Licensing" due to restrictions. We actually can fix it in couple of ways, if I may!
1. There are users like @wasteyouryouth , @GuyIncognito and plenty more, who did amazing jobs in recreating the players from the ground up. Their versions of some "licensed" assets are fantastic. Hasaranga for example. Please allow us to overwrite your "licensed" asset with theirs, so that we can enjoy playing with better looking players, or,
2. Why don't you just "buy" their asset and include in the game as licensed, unless you find a way to do by your graphic design team. (Pretty much doable with photographs and play face IMO)

I don't understand business so thinking simply! Pardon my ignorance!
Not a problem these are really good ideas. Although I won't go into the heavily detailed explanation of licensing, that would need an essay. When it comes to licensing and what we can do is determined by the terms and conditions. With many steps along the pipeline to get things approved and into the game, unfortunately, it's not as easy as buy art insert art, this is also where the no-editing licensed teams come into play when it comes to modifications. This is why we love our community creators keeping their passion flowing through the community with their custom creations.

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
determined by the terms and conditions.
So, locking modification of "licensed" asset is determined by T&C too? I see. I believe your licensing T&C allows you to recreate the players, kits and likeness. If so then, I'm wondering why can't your graphics team do that with photo references online rather than having photoshoot? All I seek only a visual resemblance, not necessarily actual likeness (batting, bowling action etc) as I understand the restriction. Is it really too tough to achieve?

P. S. I won't mind reading an essay as I want to know all the backstory. Knowledge sharing is great, isn't it!

I'm compelled to bring back an unpopular comparison with FIFA. Even if they too have license of some teams, players and league, the modders still can mod them. Why is that not a case for C22?

Excuse my naivety.

Pravain

Club Captain
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
In Career mode, for the first time, I got drafted into IPL, and guess what in all the teams the second bowler is a Wicket Keeper, in my team LSG there is no option of adding another bowler as the reserves are either a keeper or batsmen. FML

Rana Pratap Singh_007

Club Cricketer
can we add mountains to user created stadiums yet?
Boats ships waves white crows in aussies ground all should be added....
But fielders will keep throwing the ball and batsman keeps running keeper dives and sleeps for few seconds, and batsman take 2 runs.
Batsman steps out but run out and stumping umpire misses as also sleeps for few seconds.
The game is good very minor issues are there God knows why are they not fixing it or they are not aware.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Although I will quote this since it's nice and close, I'll also go over some other stuff as well. When it comes to the "rosters" this was purely the lineups, not any additional playfaces or any graphical changes. This was just to change to a more up-to-date version of these teams. This is why the options given to everyone at the first load-up were "rosters and lineups", with warnings on them. If it was a graphical change we would have pointed these out in the patch notes. Although we did notice an issue with the Ireland team we did miss a player from the lineup which we will look into.

When it comes to the teams themselves although we did have them licensed, due to the restrictions of covid and actually getting access to certain countries and locations was impossible for us to work a schedule to get these done while countries were in various states of lockdowns.
All of that is understood, but COVID restrictions have been gone or lowered in many areas for a very significant amount of time now.

Despite all of the above explanation and others given, I don't think this is a case of Big Ant doing all they can do. Players, players associations and national governing bodies who make these licensing agreements are not likely to take issue with graphical art teams achieving a better likeness of the subjects by means such as outsourcing. I know licensing agreements can be complex, but all they care about is if it's acquired legally and is a fair and accurate representation of the player.

If Big Ant were to cooperate with the end-user designers and implement their massively better likenesses, there couldn't seriously be an issue. Those end-user designers can simply agree and sign over their work as a donation for which they request no fee.

The problem with that I'm guessing is the potential for those same end users and others to recreate the now "licenced" likenesses as they have done to create them in the first place. Then it would appear the newly licenced likenesses would be available on the academy in an also unlocked version.

The solution to that would be for Big Ant's own designers to make their own graphical tweaks to the base design submitted to them by the end user. Given that they are a supposedly professional team they should be able to improve on the end-users design with little effort, creating a superior and unique version.

I'm not trying to be insulting, but in all honesty many of the current licenced likenesses are nothing more than a travesty. I don't think big ant or any representative of them good seriously say they are proud of the standard of that work.

In all honesty where there's a will there's a way. We are not talking about things that the licensors do not want. We are talking about something I'm 100% sure they do want. They represent their players and I'm sure many of those players would find their current representations nothing more than a joke.

Put simply and inarguably the players and the fans deserve much better than what has been done.

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Put simply and inarguably the players and the fans deserve much better than what has been done.
Meanwhile top guns in BA, "Yea right! You're talking a lot of sense; we'll definitely look at how better we can address this. Tweaking the game is far from over and we'll ensure we'll do beyond what Trump and Baiden together have done to US of A. And of course, we do not care about our user group."

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
@MattW @JNT BA why is that all save files end up crashing for online game? Regardless of auto save or regular save by both parties most of the save files do end in error report.

Countless hours are wasted like this, please give some value for the money we have paid.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
They should first make it in a playable state. Three test matches lost due to servers issues. Cannot invite once you save the game. Atleast give us the service for 10% of the money we gave you.

Will live with your stupid bugs but not even able to resume a saved game is down right ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread