Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
A bit too soon to get him an all-tine XI? I’ll still go with :pak::ar:Shadab Khan as my pick. He’s got better averages in both departments than the much vaunted Afridi (with the caveat of not outs) but more impressively has a better economy rate with the ball and strike rate with the bat compared to the maverick, both of which are places where you’d expect Afridi to come out on top. This is despite Pakistan not making proper use of his batting skill especially considering how well backed Afridi was no matter the scenario. When you add in the excellent fielding he brings and the ability to change games in the span of moments like Afridi this pick is a no brainer.

@mohsin7827 to continue.

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
:saf: :ar: Jacques Kallis

1669209644686.png

I don't think there is any better genuine pacer all rounder who averages 36 with the bat and 21 with the bowl. And those are not just mathematical numbers. Kallis sums up as a complete batsman and a sound bowler who can at minimum give 3 overs on any given day.

Parth's T20 World Cup XI,
  1. :wi: :ar: Chris Gayle

2. :saf: :ar: Jacques Kallis

3. :ban: :ar: Shakib al Hasan

4. :saf: :bwl: Dale Steyn

@Disharies

Last edited:

Bevab

Staff Member
:saf: :ar: Jacques Kallis

View attachment 273221

I don't think there is any better genuine pacer all rounder who averages 36 with the bat and 21 with the bowl. And those are not just mathematical numbers. Kallis sums up as a complete batsman and a sound bowler who can at minimum give 3 overs on any given day.

Parth's T20 World Cup XI,
  1. :wi: :ar: Chris Gayle
  2. ?
  3. :saf: :ar: Jacques Kallis
  4. ?
  5. :ban: :ar: Shakib al Hasan

6. :saf: :bwl: Dale Steyn

@Disharies

Telling that the strike-rate is missing here. :spy

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
The most sort after T20 player in this day and age for his finishing ability - Andre Russell

@liveinasociety

My team so far:
  1. :aus: :bat: Matthew Hayden
  2. :nz: :wk: Brendon McCullum
  3. ?
  4. ?
  5. ?
  6. ?
  7. :wi: :ar: Andre Russell
  8. :afg: :bwl: Rashid Khan
  9. ?
  10. ?
  11. ?

Bevab

Staff Member
Consistent runs and a genuine front line bowling option more than compensates for it

He can work in a T20 XI without any doubt but his batting intent and his front line bowling are both memes that the 90s and 2000s watchers know all too well. :p

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
He can work in a T20 XI without any doubt but his batting intent and his front line bowling are both memes that the 90s and 2000s watchers know all too well. :p
Don't you throw mud on the GOAT Modern Day All Rounder's supremacy

Paranoid Kendroid

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
AUS..
RCB...
The Boys
Not much to explain. His T20I average is still close to 50 despite a poor 2022 T20 World Cup. Mind you he still average above 40 in the tournament, thanks to his amazing performance in the previous edition.

01. :pak: :bat: Mohammad Rizwan
02. :eng: :wk: Jos Buttler
05. :aus: :ar: Glenn Maxwell
10. :pak: :bwl: Umar Gul

@Bevab

Bevab

Staff Member
This Aussie legend may have played only one WC at the very beginning without scoring 50 once but make no mistake, :aus::wk:Adam Gilchrist made his performances count in every game he played in that tournament barring one embarrassment against Zimbabwe (we don't talk about that). Every other score of his was above 20 and whilst his overall T20I record does no credit to the great man Gilchrist was one of the OG IPL greats, serving as a dashing opener and captain extraordinaire with two different sides resulting in one IPL trophy when nobody expected them to take it home. The Roy's and Allen's of the current generation owe their gratitude to Gilly for showing them the light on how to play as a powerplay hitter who placed no price on his wicket and played excellent modern T20 knocks back when people were still figuring out the format.

In my side he'll act as the hitter who will get the side off to a rapid start whilst Kohli consolidates at the other end. You know that if he gets his eye in there's no stopping him from making it count as evidenced by his three T20 centuries in just around 100 games.
Post automatically merged:

Tagging @mohsin7827 for the next pick.

Users who are viewing this thread