:ban: :ar: Mahmudullah
:ire: :ar: John Mooney
:aus: :ar: Brett Lee
:saf: :bwl: Dale Steyn
:pak: :bwl: Shaheen Afridi
:afg: :bwl: Mujeeb ur Rehman

12th man :zim: :bwl: Ray Price

Batsman :
The top 4 of Rohit, Hope, Kane & Root all has averages of 50 and more.

Mahela who bats at 4 for lanka will be bat at 5 here and Mahmudullah who bats at 5 for Bangladesh will bat at six here, they both can clear the fence quite easily and also play match defining knocks.

John Mooney can bat and Brett Lee can also swing the bat at end with average of 25 with bat.

Dale Steyn
is not a mug with the bat, can't expect more from Shaheen Afridi and Mujeeb ur Rehman.

Bowlers :

The trio of peak Steyn, young Shaheen & legendary Brett lee with all having averages of 25 or below
in bowling with experience of playing more than 30 matches each.

Mujeeb ur Rehman is the main spinner with great average of 22
, who has also played more than 30 matches in the decade.

Mahmudullah & John Mooney
will complete the fifth bowling option with latter more of good bowler with under the average of 26.

Ray Price
from Zimbabwe will be my 12th man. Quality spinner, who has 400+ FC wickets and nearly 250 List A wickets. Will play a role in our side on spin friendly tracks. He was part of MI side after impressive 2011, but never got a game.

Match Winners :

Irrespective of the stats, Rohit, Kane, Root, Mahela, Steyn, B.Lee, Shaheen can win matches on any given day.

Thank you so much @Parth D for conducting the drafts in great manner, really enjoyed in building this squad and thank you for all the team managers you all did a great job.

Neo 7

National Board President
India
Avengers
Asela Gunaratne joins our lower middle order . Russell & he would swap batting positions according to the situation of the match ...

And Tim Murtagh would be our 12th man in case we need some dynamic bowling changes in the XI ...

:afg: :bat: Mohammad Shahzad
:aus: :ar: Shane Watson
:pak: :ar: Mohammad Hafeez
:saf: :bat: Faf du Plessis
:zim: :ar: Sean Williams
:ind: :wkb: MS Dhoni :c:
:wi: :ar: Andre Russell
:sri: :ar: Asela Gunaratne
:eng: :bwl: Graeme Swann
:nzf: :bwl: Trent Boult
:ban: :bwl: Al-Amin Hossain

12th man : :ire: :bwl: Tim Murtagh

And as we conclude our draft pickings , you see a pattern . That's the way Mahi Way . We have a luxury of bowlers and all being proper proven ones . Similar to the Dhoni era where you had everyone chipping in overs . Kohli , Raina , Yuvraj , Sehwag . That void would always remain a void . You would hardly see the Indian batsmen bowl some overs in the future ...

mohsin7827

International Coach
India
CSK
Birmingham Phoenix
X Rebels

:afg: Zahir Khan​

With only 1 ODI match and 2 wickets have picked solely due to variation in spin department. Which I missed out earlier to pick.

01. :ire: :bat: Paul Stirling (Hitter)
02. :wi: :bat: Chris Gayle (Hitter)
03. :ban: :ar: Shakib Al Hasan (accumulator)
04. :saf: :bat: AB de Villiers (Hitter)
05. :pak: :bat: Misbah-ul-Haq (accumulator)
06. :eng: :wkb: Jos Buttler (Hitter)
07. :zim: :ar: Sikandar Raza (Hitter)
08. :sri: :ar: Thisara Perera (firefighter)
09. :nzf: :bwl: Matt Henry
10. :ind: :bwl: Jasprit Bumrah
11. :aus: :bwl: Shaun Tait

12th man: :afg: :bwl: Zahir Khan

Tried to model the lineup as per @Aislabie ODI lineup and quality/balance over styles hence have no front line leg spinner and left arm pacer.
Though multiple players in this lineup can take one or more roles depending on the situation.

@ddrap14

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
This is one league that I am tempted to be a part of but I guess I have missed the bus.

@Parth D Is there any way I can still be allowed? If so, I would love to see the list of players already picked so that I can I have a clear picture of picking up my squad. I am happy to be the last one to pick from the next round if allowed a spot.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
This is one league that I am tempted to be a part of but I guess I have missed the bus.

@Parth D Is there any way I can still be allowed? If so, I would love to see the list of players already picked so that I can I have a clear picture of picking up my squad. I am happy to be the last one to pick from the next round if allowed a spot.
The draft is almost over mate, it you want you can be my co, will be nice to co manage with you after ages
Post automatically merged:

Here is my team :

:ind: :bat: Rohit Sharma
:wi: :wkb: Shai Hope
:nzf: :bat: Kane Williamson :c:
:eng: :bat: Joe Root
:sri: :bat: Mahela Jayawardene
:ban: :ar: Mahmudullah
:ire: :ar: John Mooney
:aus: :ar: Brett Lee
:saf: :bwl: Dale Steyn
:pak: :bwl: Shaheen Afridi
:afg: :bwl: Mujeeb ur Rehman

12th man :zim: :bwl: Ray Price

Batsman :
The top 4 of Rohit, Hope, Kane & Root all has averages of 50 and more.

Mahela who bats at 4 for lanka will be bat at 5 here and Mahmudullah who bats at 5 for Bangladesh will bat at six here, they both can clear the fence quite easily and also play match defining knocks.

John Mooney can bat and Brett Lee can also swing the bat at end with average of 25 with bat.

Dale Steyn
is not a mug with the bat, can't expect more from Shaheen Afridi and Mujeeb ur Rehman.

Bowlers :

The trio of peak Steyn, young Shaheen & legendary Brett lee with all having averages of 25 or below
in bowling with experience of playing more than 30 matches each.

Mujeeb ur Rehman is the main spinner with great average of 22
, who has also played more than 30 matches in the decade.

Mahmudullah & John Mooney
will complete the fifth bowling option with latter more of good bowler with under the average of 26.

Ray Price
from Zimbabwe will be my 12th man. Quality spinner, who has 400+ FC wickets and nearly 250 List A wickets. Will play a role in our side on spin friendly tracks. He was part of MI side after impressive 2011, but never got a game.

Match Winners :

Irrespective of the stats, Rohit, Kane, Root, Mahela, Steyn, B.Lee, Shaheen can win matches on any given day.

Thank you so much @Parth D for conducting the drafts in great manner, really enjoyed in building this squad and thank you for all the team managers you all did a great job.
And the above is my squad.

Fenil

The draft is almost over mate, it you want you can be my co, will be nice to co manage with you after ages

And the above is my squad.
Aah! I get it. Its fine. Thanks a lot for your generous offer but I wouldn't want to force myself on a team that you made from scratch. You deserve full authority of the team you build. ☺ I really appreciate your gesture.

I will certainly keep an eye on this league. Good luck, guys!

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers

As @Aravind. said the draft is almost done. However you can still make an XI among the players left to be pick after this round is done. You can look at the first page for players already picked.

The participants were to pick just one player per test playing nation so there are ample of available options to choose from each country.

I think you are assuming that there will be matches simmer going ahead, but that's not the case. The way drafts are comducted has changed on the forum. Now we only select the best XI and once that is done. We go for a team by team review and then we are done. We move on to the next draft if any.

Verified Enigma

Champions League Winner
Avengers
I will certainly keep an eye on this league. Good luck, guys!
As I told @Aravind. , Drafts are now a seperate part of the forum, something completely separate from cricket leagues.

If you go through various drafts in Cricket Discussion forum, you will discover that we try to pick the best XI and justify each and ever pick with stats or reasons. And in the end, there is a team review by either the host or some experienced pundit.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
@Parth D if that's the case, then @Fenil can still build a team that can challenge us, if he is okay with it, some great names still left to pick, I was unable to pick them personally as we can pick only one player from one nation. Example - pup is still there with nearly average of 50, 2015 wc winning captain.

Fenil

As @Aravind. said the draft is almost done. However you can still make an XI among the players left to be pick after this round is done. You can look at the first page for players already picked.

The participants were to pick just one player per test playing nation so there are ample of available options to choose from each country.

I think you are assuming that there will be matches simmer going ahead, but that's not the case. The way drafts are comducted has changed on the forum. Now we only select the best XI and once that is done. We go for a team by team review and then we are done. We move on to the next draft if any.
I can still be a part of it? Thats brilliant! Can you tag me when I am up for picking up players? Also, can you confirm how many players shall I pick in from the left over men? I assume there are still few rounds to go.

Verified Enigma

Champions League Winner
Avengers
I can still be a part of it? Thats brilliant! Can you tag me when I am up for picking up players? Also, can you confirm how many players shall I pick in from the left over men? I assume there are still few rounds to go.
Yes you can still make a team. I will tag you once rest of the picks are done. Meanwhile, you can look at the players already picked and start building your core.

These are some really good squads built by everyone, considering the era and country limitations, I did not expect to see so many strong teams
Care to review the teams? Would love to see your view of how the teams sum up.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland

:afg: Zahir Khan​

With only 1 ODI match and 2 wickets have picked solely due to variation in spin department. Which I missed out earlier to pick.

01. :ire: :bat: Paul Stirling (Hitter)
02. :wi: :bat: Chris Gayle (Hitter)
03. :ban: :ar: Shakib Al Hasan (accumulator)
04. :saf: :bat: AB de Villiers (Hitter)
05. :pak: :bat: Misbah-ul-Haq (accumulator)
06. :eng: :wkb: Jos Buttler (Hitter)
07. :zim: :ar: Sikandar Raza (Hitter)
08. :sri: :ar: Thisara Perera (firefighter)
09. :nzf: :bwl: Matt Henry

12th man: :afg: :bwl: Zahir Khan

Tried to model the lineup as per @Aislabie ODI lineup and quality/balance over styles hence have no front line leg spinner and left arm pacer.
Though multiple players in this lineup can take one or more roles depending on the situation.

@ddrap14
This is a fascinating approach to the line-up, and one which certainly ticks a lot of boxes. It also highlights the challenge of finding four appropriately good dual-role players to balance the team. I think the weakest pick here is probably Thisara; he doesn't really perform the role of a firefighter - he's much more of a death overs hitter.

One slightly different outcome might have been to pick the following side:

1. :ire: :bat: Paul Stirling
2. :wi: :bat: Chris Gayle
3. :pak: :bat: Imam Ul-Haq
4. :eng: :wk: Jos Buttler
5. :saf: :wkb: AB de Villiers
6. :afg: :ar: Rahmat Shah
7. :zim: :ar: Sikandar Raza
8. :ban: :ar: Shakib Al Hasan
9. :nzf: :bwl: Matt Henry

The idea here is that in Rahmat you get someone who is both a reliable accumulator and a very handy leg-spinner, and in Imam you get an excellent anchor who can score hundreds as essentially a third opener once one of Stirling or Gayle loses their wicket.

Users who are viewing this thread