India tour of Bangladesh, 2022 (3 ODIs, 2 Tests)

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I still think they are, we’re enjoying these games because such totals have been lacking in the era of roads. Once this is the norm and we go back to the old issue of middle overs being boring ODIs will be innovated once again as usual.
Post automatically merged:

It’s just the Indian fan in him being upset.
2022 has had some very good ODIs. Bowlers dominating all year.

I can live without them lasting 8 1/2 hours. They really need a rule like T20 cricket. Bring in one fielder if you don't meet the cut off at 40 overs, if you miss the cut off at 45, bring in another fielder. That will speed teams up.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
2022 has had some very good ODIs. Bowlers dominating all year.

I can live without them lasting 8 1/2 hours. They really need a rule like T20 cricket. Bring in one fielder if you don't meet the cut off at 40 overs, if you miss the cut off at 45, bring in another fielder. That will speed teams up.

I think there’s been a subtle directive given behind the scenes to make ODIs interesting again by giving bowlers more to work with since the last WC.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Mehidy should be the captain they should have been grooming. I’m shocked that he isn’t in contention ahead of Litton.
Nope. As much as Miraz is talented, he is still young and will get ample opportunity. You wouldn't want to put the pressure of captaincy on him just when he is transitioning into a whole new level as a player. To Das' credit, he has been fairly consistent with the bat and deserves to be at the helm of the side. The former on the other hand can be put under the wings of Shakib to show the ropes about the trick of the trade be it batting, bowling or captaincy, the guy has done it all so who better than Shakib? This a great time for Bangladeshi cricket as a whole as of now. They have managed to compile a lineup of decent batsmen, inspiring bowlers and brilliant allrounders in Shakib and Miraz. I see a lot of potential in this squad. I just hope they build it forward from here unlike in the past.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I still think they are, we’re enjoying these games because such totals have been lacking in the era of roads. Once this is the norm and we go back to the old issue of middle overs being boring ODIs will be innovated once again as usual.

It’s just the Indian fan in him being upset.

Completely understandable that your generation feels no emotion towards this set of players. I myself have lost a lot of interest and attachment to this side being developed.

I am disappointed though, in Rahul Dravid! He came in with massive expectations and hope. And I still stand by my earlier opinion that he was the right guy to replace Shastri (who anyways had to leave since he was turning 60, the age limit for coach). But after Dravid's entry, everything has gone haywire.

I dont think the call to give Rohit the white ball captaincy was a bad one (Kohli gave up T20 captaincy; at that time the board thought there should be one captain for white ball cricket; Kohli took it personally and gave up tests too). I think this mess has got to do more with the selectors and Dravid, for causing this much confusion.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I think there’s been a subtle directive given behind the scenes to make ODIs interesting again by giving bowlers more to work with since the last WC.
Should get rid of the two new balls. Just have one. Bring reverse swing into play at the death.

Bevab

Staff Member
Nope. As much as Miraz is talented, he is still young and will get ample opportunity. You wouldn't want to put the pressure of captaincy on him just when he is transitioning into a whole new level as a player. To Das' credit, he has been fairly consistent with the bat and deserves to be at the helm of the side. The former on the other hand can be put under the wings of Shakib to show the ropes about the trick of the trade be it batting, bowling or captaincy, the guy has done it all so who better than Shakib? This a great time for Bangladeshi cricket as a whole as of now. They have managed to compile a lineup of decent batsmen, inspiring bowlers and brilliant allrounders in Shakib and Miraz. I see a lot of potential in this squad. I just hope they build it forward from here unlike in the past.

I’m a firm believer in ‘if they’re ready, they are ready’ policy but I do see your point. I think Mehidy is absolutely ready to go with plenty of experience already and I’m not really sure Litton is a good captain. The former shouldn’t be learning the art of captaincy from Shakib anyways. :p

They’ll be playing as many tests as some of the bigger sides in the next FTP which makes me optimistic. If they can maintain this level of performance (stagnate in a sense) whilst undergoing transition from the Shakib era they can really kick on once the next generation has some good experience.

Bevab

Staff Member
I am disappointed though, in Rahul Dravid! He came in with massive expectations and hope. And I still stand by my earlier opinion that he was the right guy to replace Shastri (who anyways had to leave since he was turning 60, the age limit for coach). But after Dravid's entry, everything has gone haywire.

I dont think the call to give Rohit the white ball captaincy was a bad one (Kohli gave up T20 captaincy; at that time the board thought there should be one captain for white ball cricket; Kohli took it personally and gave up tests too). I think this mess has got to do more with the selectors and Dravid, for causing this much confusion.

Dravid seems more and more like he isn’t fully invested in this role. It’s tough to maintain a high level of output when you’re not passionate about the role. I think most people were happy when he came in but he‘s failed so far and I hope for his sake that something can be salvaged in his time remaining with us. He’s a good person and deserves something good at the high level.

Anybody criticising the captaincy change now is acting with a massive dose of hindsight. It’s clear that there are issues deeper than captaincy running in the team alongside Rohit not being fully up to the mark. I don’t see an easy way out unfortunately, it might take an embarrassing group stage exit in a home WC to bring about the changes needed out of desperation.

B

Bigby Wolf

Dravid seems more and more like he isn’t fully invested in this role. It’s tough to maintain a high level of output when you’re not passionate about the role. I think most people were happy when he came in but he‘s failed so far and I hope for his sake that something can be salvaged in his time remaining with us. He’s a good person and deserves something good at the high level.

Anybody criticising the captaincy change now is acting with a massive dose of hindsight. It’s clear that there are issues deeper than captaincy running in the team alongside Rohit not being fully up to the mark. I don’t see an easy way out unfortunately, it might take an embarrassing group stage exit in a home WC to bring about the changes needed out of desperation.
Tough tenure for Dravid in his 1 year campaign so far.

He lacks the balls to be honest.

Was involved in that experimentation with Chappell during the 2005-07 era.

Lost the test and Odi series in South Africa.

Early Asia Cup exit.

Embarassing WT20 semis defeat ( Overall was not so good campaign).

Bangladesh series loss.

Unstable squad selection - way too many different combinations are tried each and every series , players themselves are uncertain about their roles.

For Indian cricket to move forward someone needs to be bold be the captain or the coach demanding certain things from selectors like picking and building squad based on certain set of players.

Like MS did in 2008 when he wanted a young team for 2011 by removing the big senior players from the squad and again in 2012 when he rebuild the squad with younger players and went in to win the CT13.

Or Even Kohli - Shastri era when a strong pace lineup was built and Indian bowlers were able to pick 20 wickets in Tests.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread