Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

issue

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
We need to wait for another cricket game sadge no one is interested to develop a good one cricket pc gaming community is over

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I came out of my grubby little hole in the corner of the skirtingboard where I reside these days pondering my ample man boobs. I saw a comment about Ashes 2017 actually being a better game. I fired that up again and yes it is true. The sounds, the batting, most parts of fielding, the minimum amount of bugs are unfortunately way ahead of anything that has happend after that. To be honest DB 14 was a joy to play with all the depth it brought with it and the revolutianary steps they took with that game, although bowling wise it was saved by @francobaldo1 's wonderful hack. We need a new cricket loving company to step up. So much potential. So little true application. I have been involved with beta testing all the way back to DB14 and have had many many good times but the Cricket 22 process was awful and the results show.

See you all around, take care and to paraphrase Bill Shankly: "Some people think cricketgames are a matter of life and death. I can assure you its much more important than that!"

Edit: To their credit there is one thing Cricket 22 does better: (when they work) the clouds :rolleyes:lol

Yep, I still play the far superior Ashes Cricket. The only problem I can see is AI spinners turn the ball both ways at random. Can anything be done? @francobaldo1

AnmolJ

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Please bear in mind that some platforms experience bugs and glitches that other platforms do not & vice versa before making such iron clad declarations. What's more, there have even been cases of small groups of users experiencing issues that other users of the same platform aren't experiencing as well. (The Xbox Series X hard crash/reboot bug was a classic example of this with a select few suffering from it while the majority of Series X users didn't. That alone took BA months to work out what was happening to fix it.)

Just because you're not experiencing a problem yourself on your platform doesn't automatically dictate that others aren't or that it's simply not true!
I’ve helped people using consoles create the exact similar match type. So I know what I’m claiming.

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
In Ten10, the game still considers power play to be 6 overs instead of 3 overs. I’ve tried creating new match type for Ten10 and manually set up power play to be 3 overs and while in play it still seems to revert to 6 overs. Given I mostly play only Ten10, this is sort of a game breaking bug for m

Not true. I’ve successfully created a new T10 match type with 3 overs of powerplay. It’s working perfectly.
I’ve helped people using consoles create the exact similar match type. So I know what I’m claiming.

Nevertheless, he or she took the time to share an issue they are subjectively experiencing with C22, only to be subsequently informed that they're basically imagining problems & that they're full of s***, right there in black & white! ( I'm sure they'll remain unreservedly appreciative of that heart warming gesture too.)

Welcome to the Planetcricket forum @BlueChampX . (Love and kisses, @AnmolJ ;) .)

More to the point, how has this particular example been of any assistance to anyone, in any way? Would it not have been far simpler (& a damn sight more polite) to offer them a potential fix if you're in possession of all the answers & facts as claimed? You've discussed NO aspect of the issues this user has raised at all, inclusive of their specific platform for goodness sake! You're making giant assumptions.

I also have no doubt that over time you've extensively helped many others, across multiple iterations of BA's cricket titles, across multiple platforms, & in various different ways.. (That hadn't or wasn't actually being questioned by anyone, until now at least ;) ). However, that still doesn't change the fact that your simply stating something as "not true" because you're not presently experiencing the same problem yourself, or that you've helped other users correct other "unspecified" problems in the past any less truthful for @BlueChampX who is experiencing a specific problem, does it?

If they're mistaken & you know of a fix then render the assistance you claim to possess before telling them they're imagining bugs/glitches with a title that's all too well known for being absolutely RIDDLED with bugs/glitches, or openly branding them as a liar too.

With EVERYTHING we've seen with this title over the past YEAR from day one, including users constantly experiencing problems on one platform that may not be present on another, or issues that may be present on legacy but not next gen, and vice versa, it simply never ceases to amaze me just how quickly certain users can be in dismissing problems reported by another user, & FOR WHAT? Nobody has been helped here at all, they've been immediately dismissed outright as a liar, utterly disrespected in the process & not one iota of information has been forthcoming from a self proclaimed fountain of knowledge.

Class act dude!!

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
May god give the strength to everyone to resist buying BA's next cricket title:laughter:. If they wanted to release a game properly, they would have done it by now. It is all about money for them now and I don't trust them with future games.

PS: Their CEO makes the game look worse. He believes criticizing the game is a cardinal sin.

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
I'd say the fast bowlers in C22 bowl better at me now - playing solo batting on default hardest - than they have in previous games. The opposite hand matchup still probably produces too many straight balls but in general the gameplay down the ground seems solid and that gets a thumbs up from me.

Against Starc in Ashes mode for instance there are good drive options down the ground and through the offside in addition to the legside scoring opportunities, but if I'm not paying enough attention there's the odd jaffa that gets me lbw or bowled. That's a good chunk of fun and fairly challenging batting.

Back in earlier iterations the bowler super fielded my well hit drives half the time and there was a long running issue with caught and bowled dismissals, which niggled me quite a bit because the straight drive is absolutely my favourite shot in cricket.

cricboi

Club Captain
Had an amazing test yesterday where the AI was chasing 347 and I got them all out at 341 with 20 overs left. Sure there were tons of glitches (ball still teleports through bowler/catching mini game doesn't load) and misfields but it was the first time I actually felt the AI was going to chase down a total and not get scuttled for <200. I actually felt pressure and when I got the final wicket it was a pretty cool experience.
It was awesome but also reminded me how much potential was here. The game could've been so good, and really the game is so good, it's just these stupid little things that drags it down. Anyway, hope others are still finding ways to have good experiences with it.

Cricket_god

Club Captain
Another vote for Ashes 17 as the best in the series. I returned to that after the farce of C22. Ashes 17 just needs some more community content to update the teams and kits to 2022/3.
I am updating teams don't know how to make kits.@wasteyouryouth could help on kits

Cricket_god

Club Captain
I came out of my grubby little hole in the corner of the skirtingboard where I reside these days pondering my ample man boobs. I saw a comment about Ashes 2017 actually being a better game. I fired that up again and yes it is true. The sounds, the batting, most parts of fielding, the minimum amount of bugs are unfortunately way ahead of anything that has happend after that. To be honest DB 14 was a joy to play with all the depth it brought with it and the revolutianary steps they took with that game, although bowling wise it was saved by @francobaldo1 's wonderful hack. We need a new cricket loving company to step up. So much potential. So little true application. I have been involved with beta testing all the way back to DB14 and have had many many good times but the Cricket 22 process was awful and the results show.

See you all around, take care and to paraphrase Bill Shankly: "Some people think cricketgames are a matter of life and death. I can assure you its much more important than that!"

Edit: To their credit there is one thing Cricket 22 does better: (when they work) the clouds :rolleyes:lol
In Ashes Cricket 17 Pitches Play a part on green track its hard to bat on for AI ,When it gets cloudy You get swing.Unlike Cricket 22 where batsman Play the same Irrespective of Pitch and conditions .Another Point is Batsman can absorb pressure while playing spin unlike Cricket 19 and 22 where Ai can't play spin even against Boycott's mum

Cricket_god

Club Captain
I don't think there are very many "easy" fixes at this point in development. You've got layers and layers of code interacting in sometimes inscrutable ways in a great big cricket themed multiplatform sandbox. What looks like an easy fix can end up breaking something else, and sufficiently under the radar that nobody realises until later, by which time there may be another layer of revisions over the top of the first fix.

I'm confident that nobody on the BA team has ever said "Ha, I could easily fix this issue everyone has been complaining about for years but let's drag it out a bit more."
Current lot are incompetent most probably guys who coded DBC and ashes Series have left and new recruits are incompetent

Last edited:

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
I think I'll stick with my conclusion that coding realistic multiplatform cricket games is difficult and complex and that sometimes things don't work out entirely as planned even with the best efforts of an excellent team.

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I think I'll stick with my conclusion that coding realistic multiplatform cricket games is difficult and complex and that sometimes things don't work out entirely as planned even with the best efforts of an excellent team.
I would rather they would have got basics nailed rather than allow me to do yoga sessions which dont work in a career mode that is broken.

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
I wouldn't have put the gym stuff in career mode either but that doesn't get me any closer to concluding that there must be duff coders at work.

Users who are viewing this thread