Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
I wouldn't have put the gym stuff in career mode either but that doesn't get me any closer to concluding that there must be duff coders at work.
Any cricket game where first and second slip are useless is made by amateur Development team.The regression from previous ganes shows quality of currently at big ant.These guys don't seem to have watched cricket

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
Ross should sack the team and look for new guys to take the series forward.Even Boycott's mum knows more about cricket that the current lot.

Last edited:

tosser182

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
could someone advise if it's still possible to comfortably smash 80+ runs with walking wicket tail enders on the higher difficulty levels please.

this was the reason I stopped playing cricket 19.

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
Any cricket game where first and second slip are useless is made by amateur Development team.The regression from previous ganes shows quality of currently at big ant.These guys don't seem to have watched cricket
The fielding issues are principally based in the DBC14 code, which seems more or less the opposite of what you're saying.

For DBC14, iirc, they were expecting the multiplayer short form stuff to be the game's most popular mode rather than long form single player. The fielding system was a bit basic, with fielders just "knowing" where the interception point is and setting off as soon as the ball leaves the bat, rather than including a detailed model of how fielders perceive trajectories and work out interception points. If the ball was lofted over a fielders head they would turn away from it and start running to the interception point before the ball had even passed them.

They've been trying to improve it by bolting stuff on for every iteration since but they really need a comprehensive rewrite of the core nuts and bolts of the fielding code to get the results we're all hoping for.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The fielding issues are principally based in the DBC14 code, which seems more or less the opposite of what you're saying.

For DBC14, iirc, they were expecting the multiplayer short form stuff to be the game's most popular mode rather than long form single player. The fielding system was a bit basic, with fielders just "knowing" where the interception point is and setting off as soon as the ball leaves the bat, rather than including a detailed model of how fielders perceive trajectories and work out interception points. If the ball was lofted over a fielders head they would turn away from it and start running to the interception point before the ball had even passed them.

They've been trying to improve it by bolting stuff on for every iteration since but they really need a comprehensive rewrite of the core nuts and bolts of the fielding code to get the results we're all hoping for.

Fielding is biggest problem, also Filed setting and placement, Changing the fields as per match situation.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ross should sack the team and look for new guys to take the series forward.Even Boycott's mum knows more about cricket that the current lot.
Hire a PR guy too:)

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Its is what it is.If there was serious money in cricket games you can be sure ea or 2k would be all over it.Sure its not perfect nor is it a budget title but they are the only ones making cricket games.Shame about the fielding at one point it was working quite well.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Pitches visually very bad in Cricket 22. The pitch and surrounding grass on ground are messing up. How great the pitches were right from DBC17, Ashes 17 and Cricket 19 as compared to C22.

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
The thing I miss most from earlier iterations is playing at the Bradman Oval.

I'm also still baffled by the removal of grounded advance shots. Back foot play against spin in the first few iterations wasn't really a thing - bounce usually too low for spinners and the cuts and pulls wouldn't connect even at the correct height - but off the front foot it was great to have the variation of being able to advance and knock the ball into a gap without going full Leroy Jenkins.

The pull shots against pace were a joy in DBC14, as well. You got a lot of chances to use them because the pace bowlers, with the exception of opposite hand around the wicket, bowled too straight literally all of the rest of the time.

C22 pace bowlers bowl a much more realistic line than the first couple of iterations but I do miss the snappiness of the DBC14 pulls.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The thing I miss most from earlier iterations is playing at the Bradman Oval.

I'm also still baffled by the removal of grounded advance shots. Back foot play against spin in the first few iterations wasn't really a thing - bounce usually too low for spinners and the cuts and pulls wouldn't connect even at the correct height - but off the front foot it was great to have the variation of being able to advance and knock the ball into a gap without going full Leroy Jenkins.

The pull shots against pace were a joy in DBC14, as well. You got a lot of chances to use them because the pace bowlers, with the exception of opposite hand around the wicket, bowled too straight literally all of the rest of the time.

C22 pace bowlers bowl a much more realistic line than the first couple of iterations but I do miss the snappiness of the DBC14 pulls.
Agree pull shots can feel a little weak, particularly in comparison with cover driving sixes for 130 metres.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Agree pull shots can feel a little weak, particularly in comparison with cover driving sixes for 130 metres.
I dunno, I remember AI pull shots in C19 were as powerful as a feeble old man playing them, I feel C22 improved on this quite a fair bit.

noys390

County Cricketer
^^ I believe the more bigger challenge is connecting the short deliveries. In case of drive you are almost certain to connect it but not in case of pull.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
A very weird bug I encountered in the career mode today. The overlay was showing 8 wickets down while the scorecard showed 7 wickets. It was actually 7 wickets down but during the fall of the 4th or the 5th wicket, it was counted as two wickets. Eventually, the last batter ended up not batting. Also, the game crashed a few times before this match started on the loading screen. I am on PS4 btw.

Attachments

• Fkett-yVUAA6GEt.jpeg
    Fkett-yVUAA6GEt.jpeg
    255.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Fketug2VQAI0HYw.jpeg
    Fketug2VQAI0HYw.jpeg
    168.5 KB · Views: 7
  • FketuPwUEAAzWFC.jpeg
    FketuPwUEAAzWFC.jpeg
    214.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread