Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Its is what it is.If there was serious money in cricket games you can be sure ea or 2k would be all over it.Sure its not perfect nor is it a budget title but they are the only ones making cricket games.Shame about the fielding at one point it was working quite well.

Yeah to be honest I'm mid way through a test series and it's been fun. A challenge to bat and varied dismissals when bowling. The AI have dived over a few balls but luckily I can ignore it..

What I find slightly ironic is there are people on here who are saying how easy it is to code this and that yet can't construct a coherent paragraph.

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yeah to be honest I'm mid way through a test series and it's been fun. A challenge to bat and varied dismissals when bowling. The AI have dived over a few balls but luckily I can ignore it..

What I find slightly ironic is there are people on here who are saying how easy it is to code this and that yet can't construct a coherent paragraph.
I take
gREat ofence @that.MYselfamschooledand edkatidinvariousstuffincluding riting and Reading(near Slough)
:bwl::ar::clap:eek::facepalm:D:wave:thumbs

Plese xplain 'ironic': Is that same as bionic?

D

Deleted member 185125

I know a lot of Developers who can't frame a proper sentence in English.

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
Yeah but they arnt calling for people to be fired and lose their source of income just before Christmas.
Agreed, I distance myself from that kind of post as well. Its all very well having criticism but just ranting about people being sacked and whatever is just as bad as the perceived ineptitude of developers they are calling out. Good to hear people having good games from the game. Thats all we consumers can do: try to work with whats given and either have pleasure from that or dont. I stand by my statement though that in many respects there has been a degeneration of certain aspects of the game despite it being in a fith or sixth generation.

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
My old vimeo is a catalogue of all the stuff I either liked or wanted to request fixes for. There are probably things in each version that I really liked and don't quite get from any of the others.

I would vote for DBC14 as the best implementation (tho I can't remember how similar DBC17 was) of the pull shot off both front and back foot - with the one proviso that ideally I'd prefer not to have the leg glance and pull shot on the same controller combo, with the game essentially picking the shot for you according to length. It just made it a bit too easy.

The captures were neat and punchy, quick hands through the ball.

Apart from the pulls you got against chest high bouncers, there was a pull you could get away against medium pace off just short of a length that went for 6 over midwicket. Just a bit of a pivot and a punchy little swing :

ETA goddammit how do I just post a link without the embed?

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Woo... so much bad blood.
BA got their money, We've got the AAA priced bugfest (our choice to buy, not their problem), We've got our tickets raised, BA tried best (or not) to help consumers and that's all. Now we have six games from them, it's on us to have fun however possible. Heck even if applying for a job as VP in BA to sack people suits you... go for it.

Happy holidays :lol

Edited it couple of times to fix any grammer errors.. no one safe here with bad Grammer it seems :spy. Well, my spellings may be wrong, apologies! :p

Last edited:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I know it's that time of the month when everyone crawls out from their holes and has a collective therapy session.

Try to be courteous to other people, not makes accusations and claims about matters that you know nothing about.

Complaining indirectly won't improve this game or future games, nor will berating developers, beta testers or other members of this website.

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Well we could at least inflict some sort of punishment on the beta testers. But do we even have a full list of their crimes?
How about "yes! I'm beta tester and I'm guilty" added next to their titles ? :lol

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
I know it's that time of the month when everyone crawls out from their holes and has a collective therapy session.

Try to be courteous to other people, not makes accusations and claims about matters that you know nothing about.

Complaining indirectly won't improve this game or future games, nor will berating developers, beta testers or other members of this website.
My good sir, such a gentleman post! I acknowledge it. :yes

But I'm sure you too remember those plethora of pages full of tantrums and absolute load of *Good stuff* in this forum not too long ago, regarding C22! Tell me reading through that was not fun for you... I had it though. Let it flow pls... it's holiday season :p
Post automatically merged:

THE ONLY REASON TO COMPLAIN HERE IS PLANET CTICKET WAS A FORUM WHERE BIGANT DEVELOPERS USED TO TAKE PART IT.BUT THERE IS NOTHING HERE ,LACK OF THREADS SHOW INTREST IN GAME COMPARED TO CRICKET 19.ANY WAY I AM DONE WITH RANTING.
Ouch! My eye ...
Sir, would you please use lowercases next time? Merry Christmas

Cricket_god

Club Captain

But I'm sure you too remember those plethora of pages full of tantrums and absolute load of *Good stuff* in this forum not too long ago, regarding C22! Tell me reading through that was not fun for you... I had it though. Let it flow pls... it's holiday season :p

Ouch! My eye ...
It was intentional

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin

Ouch! My eye ...
As has been stated many times people from Big Ant read these forums and do post when they choose. The frequency of that is up to them. Just a hunch, but suggesting they should be fired is VERY unlikely to encourage them to engage more.

Other people on here are, or have been, beta testers and have over the years put in hours of time to make the game better. Rest assured they are some of the most passionate and knowledgeable individuals.

Targeting them is against the rules.

3. Content
The content you post is your responsibility, you shall not knowingly post false or misleading information and you shall not provoke, support or incite racial, social, sexual, and/or religious discrimination. We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation.
Abuse is not acceptable. Do not target other members or otherwise attempt to provoke a reaction out of them. You will be expected to behave in a responsible manner and be respectful to all other members of the community.

Last edited:

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Woo... so much bad blood.
BA got their money, We've got the AAA priced bugfest (our choice to buy, not their problem), We've got our tickets raised, BA tried best (or not) to help consumers and that's all. Now we have six games from them, it's on us to have fun however possible. Heck even if applying for a job as VP in BA to sack people suits you... go for it.

Happy holidays :lol

Edited it couple of times to fix any grammer errors.. no one safe here with bad Grammer it seems :spy. Well, my spellings may be wrong, apologies! :pCouldn't care less about grammar. Wasn't my point. But people who have no idea about programming and game developing

My point was simple there's people on here saying why isn't this done, or that done. It's so easy to ask those questions when people don't have a clue how hard or possible those changes are.

I have always said the same thing. It's a video game. You pay your money you take your chances. Warzone 2 is developed by one of if not the biggest studios on the planet. It's a big riddled mess with horrendous audio.

We are talking about a small studio making a cricket game that lets be fair appeals to a very small market.

They probably have moved on and I certainly can't blame them for that. They need to focus elsewhere to ensure they are getting the revenue they need. Like any business they can't sit and dwell on the past.

Did cricket 22 turn out exactly how they wanted. Definitely not.

You then have people on here wanting answers etc and others saying people should be fired. Developers. Developers who are under strict instruction on how much time to spend on certain things and what to address and what not to address.

The price always is used against them aswell. This is purely a guess but because cricket is a niche market I'd say if the game retailed at a cheaper price making it wouldn't be worth their time. There's a reason no one else has attempted cricket in a long long while.

I will also add that after speaking to some of the guys that work on the games. They do care. They are very passionate and they work insane hours to ensure things are worked on.

Users who are viewing this thread