Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My point was simple there's people on here saying why isn't this done, or that done. It's so easy to ask those questions when people don't have a clue how hard or possible those changes are.

I have always said the same thing. It's a video game. You pay your money you take your chances. Warzone 2 is developed by one of if not the biggest studios on the planet. It's a big riddled mess with horrendous audio.

We are talking about a small studio making a cricket game that lets be fair appeals to a very small market.

They probably have moved on and I certainly can't blame them for that. They need to focus elsewhere to ensure they are getting the revenue they need. Like any business they can't sit and dwell on the past.

Did cricket 22 turn out exactly how they wanted. Definitely not.

You then have people on here wanting answers etc and others saying people should be fired. Developers. Developers who are under strict instruction on how much time to spend on certain things and what to address and what not to address.

The price always is used against them aswell. This is purely a guess but because cricket is a niche market I'd say if the game retailed at a cheaper price making it wouldn't be worth their time. There's a reason no one else has attempted cricket in a long long while.

I will also add that after speaking to some of the guys that work on the games. They do care. They are very passionate and they work insane hours to ensure things are worked on.
You are right, but fielding has become weird after most recent patch .Would have been better atleast going back to previous patch.

Last edited:

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
4E58D1B400000578-5975581-But_the_one_portrait_that_still_has_people_talking_is_the_one_he-a-2_1532114839869.jpg

B

Bigby Wolf

My old vimeo is a catalogue of all the stuff I either liked or wanted to request fixes for. There are probably things in each version that I really liked and don't quite get from any of the others.

I would vote for DBC14 as the best implementation (tho I can't remember how similar DBC17 was) of the pull shot off both front and back foot - with the one proviso that ideally I'd prefer not to have the leg glance and pull shot on the same controller combo, with the game essentially picking the shot for you according to length. It just made it a bit too easy.

The captures were neat and punchy, quick hands through the ball.

Apart from the pulls you got against chest high bouncers, there was a pull you could get away against medium pace off just short of a length that went for 6 over midwicket. Just a bit of a pivot and a punchy little swing :

ETA goddammit how do I just post a link without the embed?
For me DBC 14 had the best connect, some of the shots were really pleasant when timed perfectly specially the leg sided grounded shots.

Both Front foot and back foot shots connected well even spinners you can play on backfoot but because of the low bounce & that shot animations that were captured the risk were very high when playing backfoot shots in DBC14.

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
My point was simple there's people on here saying why isn't this done, or that done. It's so easy to ask those questions when people don't have a clue how hard or possible those changes are.

I have always said the same thing. It's a video game. You pay your money you take your chances. Warzone 2 is developed by one of if not the biggest studios on the planet. It's a big riddled mess with horrendous audio.

We are talking about a small studio making a cricket game that lets be fair appeals to a very small market.

They probably have moved on and I certainly can't blame them for that. They need to focus elsewhere to ensure they are getting the revenue they need. Like any business they can't sit and dwell on the past.

Did cricket 22 turn out exactly how they wanted. Definitely not.

You then have people on here wanting answers etc and others saying people should be fired. Developers. Developers who are under strict instruction on how much time to spend on certain things and what to address and what not to address.

The price always is used against them aswell. This is purely a guess but because cricket is a niche market I'd say if the game retailed at a cheaper price making it wouldn't be worth their time. There's a reason no one else has attempted cricket in a long long while.

I will also add that after speaking to some of the guys that work on the games. They do care. They are very passionate and they work insane hours to ensure things are worked on.
How funny things got worse in cricket 22 and we have people defending the small studio they are doing world a favour making cricket games .Nobody is asking for new things its things they have broken from cricket 19 like slip cordon,atmosphere at stadiums,AI was better against spin in ashes cricket 17,Hundreds of glitches.Its better they move on to other sports as disasters like cricket 22 will lead to closure of small studio.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
How funny things got worse in cricket 22 and we have people defending the small studio they are doing world a favour making cricket games .Nobody is asking for new things its things they have broken from cricket 19 like slip cordon,atmosphere at stadiums,AI was better against spin in ashes cricket 17,Hundreds of glitches.Its better they move on to other sports as disasters like cricket 22 will lead to closure of small studio.

You sound like someone we used to know.... :spy

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
One of reviews from steam-
Boogaloo138

Recommended
369.6 hrs on record (13.6 hrs at review time)
POSTED: 29 OCTOBER
"My wife played this game and she said that they took the best parts from cricket 19 and made them worse while not working on the bad parts"

Wealey

ICC Board Member
One of reviews from steam-
Boogaloo138

Recommended
369.6 hrs on record (13.6 hrs at review time)
POSTED: 29 OCTOBER
"My wife played this game and she said that they took the best parts from cricket 19 and made them worse while not working on the bad parts"

He and his wife luckily are coping though and rather than whinging on a forum.

Have clocked up another 350 or so hours on the game.

Users who are viewing this thread