Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
There are few points to be noted while supporting or go against BA and their latest cricket title.

1. The game was developed during pandemic and in a city where they had very strict lockdown

2. Some chaos because one guy couldn't keep it in his pants led to last minute edits and changes.

3. In the numerous patches that have come out all bugs that are present were fixed in one or the other patch.

4. Ross symons lectured us with his love for cricket and promised his team will fix the issues in the game .(still not done after a years release)

5. With the new patches the basics of gameplay started going down and the patches have also stopped for a long while now.

6. Some of the features that was promised at the time of release are non existent.

7.some of the game elements are just a name sake feature and has no value add to the game.

8. Some of the batting shots which was there in the begining has been removed.

9. People have been mocked by this cry baby CEO and then blocked for asking questions.

They deserved all our love and support at the time of release with the challenges they had then. Not a year after a release when they have made the game worse than it was in some of the previous patches.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
There are few points to be noted while supporting or go against BA and their latest cricket title.

1. The game was developed during pandemic and in a city where they had very strict lockdown

2. Some chaos because one guy couldn't keep it in his pants led to last minute edits and changes.

3. In the numerous patches that have come out all bugs that are present were fixed in one or the other patch.

4. Ross symons lectured us with his love for cricket and promised his team will fix the issues in the game .(still not done after a years release)

5. With the new patches the basics of gameplay started going down and the patches have also stopped for a long while now.

6. Some of the features that was promised at the time of release are non existent.

7.some of the game elements are just a name sake feature and has no value add to the game.

8. Some of the batting shots which was there in the begining has been removed.

9. People have been mocked by this cry baby CEO and then blocked for asking questions.

They deserved all our love and support at the time of release with the challenges they had then. Not a year after a release when they have made the game worse than it was in some of the previous patches.
I agree. Test matches were fun to play during the time of release. But now it is all gone. Not gonna speak about fielding here:plainsmile:

We have a cricket "simulation' without clouds, the DL method which could prove to be game-changing in some of the matches, and also no option to select the weather conditions as well.

Stadium creator is something we shouldn't forget. It is very basic and in my opinion far worse than the previous games. Ball going through the adboards in created stadiums in a full-priced game in 2022 is something that BA should feel ashamed of.

I think BA is saying "This is how we go about things. Buy it or shove it":facepalm2:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I agree. Test matches were fun to play during the time of release. But now it is all gone. Not gonna speak about fielding here:plainsmile:

We have a cricket "simulation' without clouds, the DL method which could prove to be game-changing in some of the matches, and also no option to select the weather conditions as well.

Stadium creator is something we shouldn't forget. It is very basic and in my opinion far worse than the previous games. Ball going through the adboards in created stadiums in a full-priced game in 2022 is something that BA should feel ashamed of.

I think BA is saying "This is how we go about things. Buy it or shove it":facepalm2:
The stadium creator is a massive improvement on the old version. One simple reason being you can make a stadium without worry of the creator glitching and wasting the time you've invested.

I could never make a stadium on previous games that is as satisfying as this recreation I did on Cricket 22.

EJu3JypU4AIMATx.jpg1701380_20221223074055_1.png

Last edited:

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We have a cricket "simulation' without clouds,
Don't know what you've been playing in regards to this, not saying you're wrong, but I've been enjoying watching the clouds in-game for a long time now, weather nerd incognito activated:

Cloud 1.jpg 1701380_20220827141934_1.png 1701380_20221210203925_1.png 20220526190418_1.jpg 20220404011607_1.jpg

20220322141519_1.jpg 20220319234322_1.jpg 20220319234055_1.jpg 20220305230012_1.jpg 20220219235034_1.jpg

20220118133418_1.jpg 20220118133418_1.jpg 20220118130220_1.jpg 20220114113605_1.jpg 20211219113543_1.jpg

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
We get clouds under cloudy conditions only and there is no way to induce cloudy conditions manually. Sometimes the game decides to put it and sometimes it doesn't.

I have played only on created stadiums recently. So don't know much about licensed ones.

But I should say that when it works, the game looks absolutely gorgeous.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
For me DBC 14 had the best connect, some of the shots were really pleasant when timed perfectly specially the leg sided grounded shots.

Both Front foot and back foot shots connected well even spinners you can play on backfoot but because of the low bounce & that shot animations that were captured the risk were very high when playing backfoot shots in DBC14.
The thing was though, it was often a bit too easy to make good contact. Once you got the hang of the timing window for a shot you could rinse 4s and 6s off all sorts of deliveries. Getting bowled or lbw only really happened when you made a proper howler.

And a key frustration of DBC14 for me was that the bowlers bowled so straight, and hardly ever produced deliveries that looked like wicket takers. There were offside shots I really liked with too few authentic opportunities opportunities to play them. Plus spin was so painfully slow and low that it was like your septuagenarian uncle turning his arm over on the village green.

For a contrast, here's a recent dismissal from C22. Default hardest settings :

There are a few reasons why I give this dismissal high marks.

It's mid 90s, a big enough contrast with the previous 88mph delivery to prompt a late shot, though not an outright miss.
It also really beats me with the angle and shape back in.

At the time I hit the right stick I read it as driveable straight or through straightish mid off and I had my left stick at what felt like just outside off stump. Then I see the angle off the deck and I know I've picked the wrong shot, but it feels like maybe it did too much. It feels like it's come in a mile, didn't expect it to hit me in front unless it was missing leg stump.

If I'd played defensive I think I'd have hit it. A leg glance would probably have made contact. I think if my timing had been right or if my left stick had been ideal I might have got a bit of bat on it.

Overall that added up to feeling like I'd been got out, fair and square.

salmanwahidi

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Nice to see the slider spreadsheet still going strong! :-)

I have no idea. I stopped playing around, hmmm, June I want to say. My story was all that was keeping me playing the game, then I took a new volunteer role on that meant I didn't really have the time to keep up with it.

I come back in here from time to time to see how the game is getting on, just in case I want to scratch the itch, but I can't say I've seen many if any positive posts that suggests that loads of stuff has been done to the game to pull me back in.

Hopefully people are still getting some enjoyment from it tho.
The spreadsheet's still going strong! It has helped me so much to base my game off of. I am hopelessly addicted to realism in sports games, so I spend the precious few hours I get from my busy schedule tinkering with attributes and sliders. I do the same with my FIFA games as well. No wonder my Mrs keeps getting mad at me for never actually playing the games! Anyways, I have tinkered with the sliders a little bit just to make it a little easier to bat and bowl, especially in T20s. Overall, your spreadsheet is a treasure. Combined with @wasteyouryouth 's teams, it has made this game much more enjoyable for me. Thank you @Rumple43 and @wasteyouryouth !

Cricket_god

Club Captain
The stadium creator is a massive improvement on the old version. One simple reason being you can make a stadium without worry of the creator glitching and wasting the time you've invested.

I could never make a stadium on previous games that is as satisfying as this recreation I did on Cricket 22.

View attachment 273965View attachment 273966

That's it folks. Boogaloo138's Mrs has spoken. We can all move on and I can close this thread.

Merry Chrimbus.
You dont have to the forum is dead.The lack of thread show how bad it is compared to cricket 19 even with out good stadium editor with out any atmosphere in them its sounds empty.

We get clouds under cloudy conditions only and there is no way to induce cloudy conditions manually. Sometimes the game decides to put it and sometimes it doesn't.

I have played only on created stadiums recently. So don't know much about licensed ones.

But I should say that when it works, the game looks absolutely gorgeous.
Lol basis things are missing in cricket 22,even ashes cricket17 has options to change weather.I dint understand why they had to release cricket 22 so soon after cricket 19 DLC.

The Lone Ranger

School Cricketer
Hi, I am new here and thinking of buying the game on my PS5 and been anonymously following the thread over the last couple of weeks to see how others feel about the current state of the game. Looks like some of the comments make me think the game has some bugs! Haven't these been patched after an year? Is it still getting patches or already left out? What's your suggestion? Is it worth getting it now? Thanks in advance. (My last cricket games were Ashes17 & DBC14 and I loved them)

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
Hi, I am new here and thinking of buying the game on my PS5 and been anonymously following the thread over the last couple of weeks to see how others feel about the current state of the game. Looks like some of the comments make me think the game has some bugs! Haven't these been patched after an year? Is it still getting patches or already left out? What's your suggestion? Is it worth getting it now? Thanks in advance. (My last cricket games were Ashes17 & DBC14 and I loved them)
What did you have most fun doing in DBC14 / DBC17?

Personally, I'm a solo batting guy who prefers long form cricket and likes things quite sim-y, so that's the stuff I know most about.

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Mate, you already own the best of the bunch. C19 might be bit cheaper, if that suits you. You won't be missing much in C22, unless you want super cool clouds and truly wonderful stadium creator.

Talks about "narrative driven career mode" is not to be fooled of.

The Lone Ranger

School Cricketer
What did you have most fun doing in DBC14 / DBC17?

Personally, I'm a solo batting guy who prefers long form cricket and likes things quite sim-y, so that's the stuff I know most about.
Same here! I love batting and a huge fan of test cricket. Mostly play test series and career mode.

Had so much fun with career mode as a top order bat in ashes 17. In DBC 14, I had to premidiate/leg glance mostly, still loved it as it was so realistic in terms of graphics and gameplay at that time.
Don't care about online or other T20/short format modes.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
I am having the most satisfying test match in Cricket 22 for the first time since its launch. I copied AI settings from Cricket 19 and combined it with Rumple43 physics sliders. The result is very challenging batting and bowling. I will post my slider settings tomorrow for those interested. For the first time ever I played a full test match where I got bowled out both innings under 250. The run rate stayed below 3.5 on both sides and through the whole match only two sixes were scored. Played with @Mouseydread teams from year 2000.

Attachments

• IMG_8087.JPG
    IMG_8087.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_8088.JPG
    IMG_8088.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8089.JPG
    IMG_8089.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8090.JPG
    IMG_8090.JPG