Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

kiwicroat

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Anybody heard anything about BA updating the West Indies team, there visit to Aussie was supposed to co-inside with new face scans etc.

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Humble Pie, best served cold?

So I have had some time to compare some of the games properly: DBC 14 all the way through to 2022 and despite some obvious bugs and inaccuracies I have to concede that 2022 is actually a better game than I thought (although @Rumple43 sliders go a long way in terms of offering a varied game). I have got a new monitor that lets things really shine so that helps as well. But much to my surprise I am actually having a very good time at a womens career in 2022. One thing I am testing though is how relatively easy timing seems to be mastered in 2022 compared to say Ashes 17 but need to try different things more thoroughly.

I do hope though that fielding can get a true work-out in a next iteration. It has so much potential to be a great part of the game but is let down by some shoddy animations and mechanics. I think there is a case to be put that if they could take the best parts of each iteration it would be pretty near perfect.

kiwicroat

Club Cricketer
When? Already that series done and dusted
Yeh, but the guy in charge of BA can’t remember his name said they were going to do new face scans while the Windies were there for T20 WC. Which was a short tournament for them . Thought maybe it might be in the next update if there’s going to be one ‍♂️

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
Humble Pie, best served cold?

So I have had some time to compare some of the games properly: DBC 14 all the way through to 2022 and despite some obvious bugs and inaccuracies I have to concede that 2022 is actually a better game than I thought (although @Rumple43 sliders go a long way in terms of offering a varied game). I have got a new monitor that lets things really shine so that helps as well. But much to my surprise I am actually having a very good time at a womens career in 2022. One thing I am testing though is how relatively easy timing seems to be mastered in 2022 compared to say Ashes 17 but need to try different things more thoroughly.

I do hope though that fielding can get a true work-out in a next iteration. It has so much potential to be a great part of the game but is let down by some shoddy animations and mechanics. I think there is a case to be put that if they could take the best parts of each iteration it would be pretty near perfect.
Cricket 22 focus is more of t20s and odis with new shot ,bowling animations.But in test is where its lack of depth shows.The poor catching animations in slips where fielders dive for simple catches,Super keeper and closein fielders,Batpad bug,Runout Bug,Ai Playing Ugly hoiks to legside.Stamina mot working,Player mentalities not working all come to fore .

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
View attachment 274164

England fightback but Pakistan build healthy lead!

Leach 32-5-107-3
Root 10-2-1-21

Some gorgeous wickets at slip off the spinner to drives and blocks.

Wood excellent..

Its how I would want.

View attachment 274165
View attachment 274166
View attachment 274167
View attachment 274169

A brilliant game is there.. you just have to unlock parts of it. Not ideal.. BUT it is there... Iv got every dismissal you could wish for and the pitch I aimed for!
Please can you share your AI and physics sliders? I have my own batting and bowling sliders.

bumba

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They dont care,i have logged many tickets but to no avail.The catching animations are so poor like a decade old game .

If you have the ticket number then inform Ross. Sadly there is no one from Big Ant who are checking these post in planet cricket forums. If they do they can take it to game testers to check the bugs

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
If you have the ticket number then inform Ross. Sadly there is no one from Big Ant who are checking these post in planet cricket forums. If they do they can take it to game testers to check the bugs
At this point I think they have moved onto other games.Following game breaking bugs may never be fixed like slip fielders diving to gully to take impossible catches,over powered close in fielders ,high no of batpads to both spin and pace,bowler stamina bug and much more.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230104-163422.png
    Screenshot_20230104-163422.png
    805 KB · Views: 11

LiamHampshire

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Forgive me if this is a stupid question but I want to double check before I commit time to it - the reason I’m asking is that I don’t have access to my PC for a week or two (just my laptop), but I want to set Cricket 22 up so I can start a career mode as soon as I can. If I was to use my laptop to update teams with community made logos, player faces/names etc. from the academy, would they then be there for me to use when I log on to Cricket 22 on my PC? The fact that the game saves to the Steam Cloud leads me to believe this hopefully would be the case; that when I install the game on my PC it will be as I left it on my laptop.

kiwicroat

Club Cricketer
Agree with the slips taking super human catches, but I must say I have just played 2 tests and not once did I have the bat pad taking any catches either for me or against me. What I had though was I got 7 wickets by run outs, now that’s stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread