Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Agree with the slips taking super human catches, but I must say I have just played 2 tests and not once did I have the bat pad taking any catches either for me or against me. What I had though was I got 7 wickets by run outs, now that’s stupid.
I must say, in my brief trip back to the game I've had no run outs so far.

I should have had one, with auto fielding, but the throw came, the keeper took the catch, then swiped at the bails and missed by a good foot or so.

Complete air shot. Just did the animation and missed everything :grinning:

I mean, it was handy in a way as it meant I didn't have to quit and reload, but it sure did look daft!

Hester

County Cricketer
I must say, in my brief trip back to the game I've had no run outs so far.

I should have had one, with auto fielding, but the throw came, the keeper took the catch, then swiped at the bails and missed by a good foot or so.

Complete air shot. Just did the animation and missed everything :grinning:

I mean, it was handy in a way as it meant I didn't have to quit and reload, but it sure did look daft!
AI run outs are broken for those of us who use manual fielding. Throwing the ball at the stumps no longer requires a green signal to have the best chance of hitting. Any release of the throw in the red is now a guaranteed hit. As the AI run like it's a t20 (sometimes starting another run as your fielder throws it) no matter what the AI run rate setting is, they will go for a suicide run too.

macman

School Cricketer
Ive been playing Cricket 22 for several weeks now, on and off, and i mainly play games against the computer such as T20 games. However, i really struggle to see any variation in wicket taking? Most wickets I see (both for and against) are bowled or caught in the deep? I have only ever had one run out (computer batting), and a few LBWs. Ive also had a couple of caught behinds but i dont even hear a noise of the ball edging off the bat.

is it just me? Not seen any caught in the slips, or diving catches at cover, or caught and bowled? There was even a stumping chance last night but my wicket keeper was just so slow in reacting.

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
AI run outs are broken for those of us who use manual fielding. Throwing the ball at the stumps no longer requires a green signal to have the best chance of hitting. Any release of the throw in the red is now a guaranteed hit. As the AI run like it's a t20 (sometimes starting another run as your fielder throws it) no matter what the AI run rate setting is, they will go for a suicide run too.

It's very noticeable that the ai ring fielders make a lot of deadeye throws against user batting. Might be the same thing.

Otoh there was a deadeye fielder issue with DBC14 at one stage but I don't remember it having a concurrent issue with deadeye user throwing, so maybe it's not.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Ive been playing Cricket 22 for several weeks now, on and off, and i mainly play games against the computer such as T20 games. However, i really struggle to see any variation in wicket taking? Most wickets I see (both for and against) are bowled or caught in the deep? I have only ever had one run out (computer batting), and a few LBWs. Ive also had a couple of caught behinds but i dont even hear a noise of the ball edging off the bat.

is it just me? Not seen any caught in the slips, or diving catches at cover, or caught and bowled? There was even a stumping chance last night but my wicket keeper was just so slow in reacting.
In the Test I've got going on at the moment, I've had 2 caught at 2nd slip, 2 bowled, an LBW, a caught and bowled by a spinner, and a diving catch at short mid off.

No idea why/how, but they are still a thing.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Just had this one given out, me bowling right arm off spin, AI batting right handed.

1673016538672.png

They never reviewed it either, missing the top of leg by miles. Criminal haha

dart-h-vader

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just had this one given out, me bowling right arm off spin, AI batting right handed.

View attachment 275023

They never reviewed it either, missing the top of leg by miles. Criminal haha
To me, this seems more realistic. We have had similar situations in real game wherein the batsmen just fail to review the decision though the decision is a howler (like this)

Rana Pratap Singh_007

Club Cricketer
Hello everyone we are hosting a online auction league and the winner will get a trophy. it's only for entertainment and to get a balance gameplay in the online matches. Please click the link to know more about our online auction tournament.
We like to host a Auction league where you can bid on player using a fake $$$ which we will add into your wallet after you register on website. Kindly check the link below for more details about league and please do vote also there so we can get an idea about you interest in such league. We are just trying to get a feel like IPL Or Big Bash in this great game of cricket developed by Big Ant.
Thanks and Regards
Cricket lover

Last edited:

Rahul H

School Cricketer
Hello everyone we are hosting a online auction league and the winner will get a trophy. it's only for entertainment and to get a balance gameplay in the online matches. Please click the link to know more about our online auction tournament.
We like to host a Auction league where you can bid on player using a fake $$$ which we will add into your wallet after you register on website. Kindly check the link below for more details about league and please do vote also there so we can get an idea about you interest in such league. We are just trying to get a feel like IPL Or Big Bash in this great game of cricket developed by Big Ant.
Thanks and Regards
Cricket lover
Wow, this is amazing. I wish will have something like this within the game itself

Users who are viewing this thread