SA20 | Total domination by the now two-time champions!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Doing all of this but not allowing Indians to play in what is essentially an IPL minor league is bafling to me.

Why can't Mumbai Indians Cape Town field a team like this once those concerned return from internationals
  1. :saf: :bat: Dewald Brevis
  2. :ind: :wk: Ishan Kishan
  3. :ind: :bat: Suryakumar Yadav
  4. :saf: :wkb: Ryan Rickelton
  5. :saf: :bat: Tristan Stubbs
  6. :saf: :ar: Delano Potgeiter
  7. :saf: :ar: George Linde
  8. :saf: :bwl: Duan Jansen
  9. :eng: :bwl: Jofra Archer
  10. :ind: :bwl: Jasprit Bumrah
  11. :saf: :bwl: Beuran Hendricks
Bold are MI players - I've obviously gone agvressively full strength. Facilitating this would have made the league unique?
I'm sure the franchises and CSA would love this, but there's no way the BCCI would allow it. Beyond just maintaining the primacy of the IPL product, when there's talk of the BCCI trying to get teams to rest internationals in the IPL, they aren't going to let them go off and play other tournaments.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Some terrific recovery that from the Joburg Super Kings! After a horrendous start in the Powerplay, Ferreira/Du Plessis and Shepherd are taking them to a challenging total actually on this wicket, thats getting slower and slower! 180+ looks certain here, maybe even 190 seeing how Ferreira and Shepherd are batting.

Weird that they dont have Theekshana playing in this game.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Some terrific recovery that from the Joburg Super Kings! After a horrendous start in the Powerplay, Ferreira/Du Plessis and Shepherd are taking them to a challenging total actually on this wicket, thats getting slower and slower! 180+ looks certain here, maybe even 190 seeing how Ferreira and Shepherd are batting.

Weird that they dont have Theekshana playing in this game.

Maybe because he has a bigger game to play against the Super King overlords? :spy

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
So far this has been great to watch. Good crowds, good atmosphere in the stadium, good quality of cricket.

SMMODS

Panel of Selectors
India
AUS..
Mumbai Indians
CSK
Sydney Sixers
The Boys
Profile Flag
India

Bevab

Staff Member
So far this has been great to watch. Good crowds, good atmosphere in the stadium, good quality of cricket.

Plenty of tickets are extremely affordable apparently. And from what I’ve noticed they’ve made good efforts to promote the league before it started.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Plenty of tickets are extremely affordable apparently. And from what I’ve noticed they’ve made good efforts to promote the league before it started.
This is such a key point. Sports have to become affordable so people can actually go to the stadium and watch. Baseball for example has take a huge hit in US (once the most popular sport) since tickets have been so expensive.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
This is exactly the right way to do a cricket (nay, sports) league in my opinion. Wherever possible the tickets should be the loss leaders to the point of being nominally priced or even free; the stadium should make back the difference easily in food, drink and merch sales, and if it's still a concern cut them in for a little bit of the TV money. Nothing makes a more attractive product than visibly full houses.

Bevab

Staff Member
This is exactly the right way to do a cricket (nay, sports) league in my opinion. Wherever possible the tickets should be the loss leaders to the point of being nominally priced or even free; the stadium should make back the difference easily in food, drink and merch sales, and if it's still a concern cut them in for a little bit of the TV money. Nothing makes a more attractive product than visibly full houses.

Bundesliga (German football league) does it this way, the season tickets (entry to all home league games and a few cup ones) are relatively very cheap which leads to an incredible atmosphere at most stadiums filled with hardcore fans who have been following the club for years if not generations.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Too early to make predictions, but the league has gotten off to a pretty good start so far. I guess the "IPL connect" factor seems to pull in the crucial Indian diaspora (people are connected to their favorite IPL franchises, and that loyalty seems to port over to this league).

SA is always a fun place to watch T20 cricket. I mean from a mainstream perspective, it is where this whole phenomenon exploded (with the 2007 T20 WC).

Aislabie

Ireland
Bundesliga (German football league) does it this way, the season tickets (entry to all home league games and a few cup ones) are relatively very cheap which leads to an incredible atmosphere at most stadiums filled with hardcore fans who have been following the club for years if not generations.
The Bundesliga is also really cool because the clubs legally have to be fan-owned

Aislabie

Ireland
So I'm a bit confused why Evan Jones isn't in the SA Test team as a batting all-rounder

Users who are viewing this thread