AUS..
BNG..
Kings XI
RCB...
Melbourne Stars
Avengers
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Naseem Shah, who was supposed to play for Khulna in the BPL according to official sources, will now be playing for Cumilla. Apparently it was discovered there was no contract between him and Khulna in the first place. Also apparently he was shifted from Khulna to Cumilla, which no one knows how it works, since he was not contracted in the first place. Given the level of mismanagement in the league already, nothing should be surprising I guess.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Too many leagues are going on at the moment - it's so hard to pay attention and actually keep up with any of them. The talent is being spread relatively thin and the sides are skeletons of what they should be.

The IT20 (the UAE league) seems like a bit of a retirement league but then also seems to have the likes of Joe Root and all playing. The BPL has been very silent and seems more like a Pakistan and Bangladesh league with some teams fielding all Pakistanis in the overseas category. The pitches seem quite slow and low. Plus why are there doubleheaders on Monday and Tuesday??

The SA20 seems to have come out with a bang - cricket seems more engaging and the crowds are packed. This one seems to be a contender for one of the best T20 leagues. Pity all the teams have very derivative names (MICT?? seriously?) and the logos are copies of the IPL. I can see the Indian owners trying to add to their team collection.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Came across one game on TV and boy did it make me feel grateful the PSL isn't being played in the UAE anymore
Soulless like all cricket in the UAE.

BBL has been criticised a lot in recent years but they're getting 20000+ crowds even with a lot of the big overseas names gone. Watching on TV is always better when there's crowds at the ground.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
If some guys can earn a little cash playing in the UAE league, thats good and augurs well for the country that is not a full test playing nation. Need I say it further serves as a gateway to unleash the game in the Arab world.

You all need to see the bigger picture and more importantly accept that cricket, T20 leagues primarily is not an ‘Indian IPL’ thing only! SA T20 league is proving that!

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
You all need to see the bigger picture and more importantly accept that cricket, T20 leagues primarily is not an ‘Indian IPL’ thing only! SA T20 league is proving that!
Who will tell him again?

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
SA20 proves T20 Leagues aren't just an IPL thing? A quick glance at the SA20 team names might change your mind.
I am aware of this @WutUpMahGlipGlops.

Insinuating that the SA league is a poor man’s rip off of the IPL is a disrespect to the South African people and fans of SA cricket and culture. Is that what you are alluding to @pillowprocter.
Post automatically merged:

Who will tell him again?
What?

Users who are viewing this thread