Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
With the Dollar x PKR drop, how will the league handle the payments? Its going to cost them so much now wont it?
No, the exchange rate for the franchises was fixed at a much lower level with the PCB.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
No, the exchange rate for the franchises was fixed at a much lower level with the PCB.
So the agreement was at a lower rate and that will stand? Including players payment?

How does that work?

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Seems like the fixed rate only applied to franchise fees. I think players's salaries are paid normally.

And that is my concern. For example Shadab Khan is paid $170,000. Last year that would have costed PKR 3.5 crore and now it is 4.5 crore. That is a huge jump. Now take all players into effect. I am worried the ongoing Dollar x PKR issue will hamper this league as it pays in USD.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
And that is my concern. For example Shadab Khan is paid $170,000. Last year that would have costed PKR 3.5 crore and now it is 4.5 crore. That is a huge jump. Now take all players into effect. I am worried the ongoing Dollar x PKR issue will hamper this league as it pays in USD.
Yeah, it is a concern, although the PSL has been unusually profitable for operating in such a terrible economic environment, first in a foreign country (UAE) and then in a failing economy. So i think they’ll be able to contain the losses.
As for actual payments, they’re made in advance by the PCB, who are then reimbursed by the franchises, so they’ll work out a solution among themselves if needed.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Yeah, it is a concern, although the PSL has been unusually profitable for operating in such a terrible economic environment, first in a foreign country (UAE) and then in a failing economy. So i think they’ll be able to contain the losses.
As for actual payments, they’re made in advance by the PCB, who are then reimbursed by the franchises, so they’ll work out a solution among themselves if needed.
They need to get out of paying in $. IPL did that in 2011 when $ was rising so it makes it more sustainable.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Quetta and Peshawar playing ab exhibition match in Quetta, Ifti smashed Wahab for 6 sixes in the last over :eek:

kumar82

School Cricketer
I am very excited to watch today's first match of PSL 8, I hope Lahore qalandar wins the first match of the tournament.

Users who are viewing this thread