India
AUS..
RCB...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
dm_230228_INET_CRIC_indvaus_3rdtestprv_nonbranded_global.jpg
India were scheduled to play Australia for 4 Tests and 3 ODIs.

Complete details: https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/australia-in-india-2022-23-1348637

1st Test - Feb 09 - Mar 13
Venue: Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium, Nagpur
Result: IND won by an innings and 132 runs

2nd Test - Feb 17 - Feb 21
Venue: Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi
Result: IND won by 6 wickets

3rd Test - Mar 01 - Mar 05
Venue: Holkar Cricket Stadium, Indore
Result: AUS won by 9 wickets

4th Test - Mar 09 - Mar 13
Venue: Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad
Result: Match Drawn

1st ODI - Mar 17
Venue: Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
Result: IND won by 5 wkts

2nd ODI - Mar 19
Venue: Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium, Visakhapatnam
Result: AUS won by 10 wkts

3rd ODI - Mar 22
Venue: MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai
Result: AUS won by 21 runs

:ind: Test squad: Rohit Sharma (:c:), KL Rahul (vc), Shubman Gill, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, KS Bharat (wk), Ishan Kishan (wk), R. Ashwin, Axar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav, Ravindra Jadeja, Mohd. Shami, Mohd. Siraj, Umesh Yadav, Jaydev Unadkat, Suryakumar Yadav

:aus: Test squad: Pat Cummins (:c:), Ashton Agar, Scott Boland, Alex Carey, Cameron Green, Peter Handscomb, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Lance Morris, Todd Murphy, Matthew Renshaw, Steve Smith (vc), Mitchell Starc, Mitchell Swepson, David Warner

:ind: ODI squad: Rohit Sharma (:c:), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, KL Rahul, Ishan Kishan (wk), Hardik Pandya (vc), Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Washington Sundar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Mohd. Shami, Mohd. Siraj, Umran Malik, Shardul Thakur, Axar Patel, Jaydev Unadkat

:aus: ODI squad: Pat Cummins (:c:), Sean Abbott, Ashton Agar, Alex Carey, Cameron Green, Travis Head, Josh Inglis, Marnus Labuschagne, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Jhye Richardson, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, David Warner, Adam Zampa

Test series summary:
Top run-scorer: :aus: Usman Khawaja (333 runs)
Top wicket-taker: :ind: Ravichandran Ashwin (25 wkts)
Final score: :ind: 2 - 1 :aus: (IND won)

ODI series summary:
Top run-scorer: :aus: Mitchell Marsh (194 runs)
Top wicket-taker: :aus: Mitchell Starc (8 wkts)
Final score: :ind: 1 - 2 :aus: (AUS won)

Last edited:

Paranoid Kendroid

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
AUS..
RCB...
The Boys
352348.1.png

Nothing out of the ordinary. Pretty solid squad as expected. I would be surprised if Australia don't win 1 game at least.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Picking SKY over Sarfaraz again shows what is wrong with the dumbass selectors. While SKY is amazing in LOC, we do not need his exploits in tests. Sarfaraz deserved a chance more then him. THis tells all domestic players, go f u c kk yourself as even if you play good, we wont pick you.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Pains my heart deeply, opening a Thread on a 4 match test series between ranked top nations, opening posts written so poorly, no schedule or venues.

OP you should be ashamed.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Mark my words! Pat Cummins will emulate Adam Gilchrist and conquer the Final Frontier.

My bets on Usman Khawaja being the leading run scorer for the Aussies. I'd also unleash Todd Murphy and Lance Morris in the 1st test itself. India is weak and will be blown away if the Aussies turn up with their A-game here.

Picking SKY over Sarfaraz again shows what is wrong with the dumbass selectors. While SKY is amazing in LOC, we do not need his exploits in tests. Sarfaraz deserved a chance more then him. THis tells all domestic players, go f u c kk yourself as even if you play good, we wont pick you.

Agree 100%

The selection gaffes are impossible to digest at the moment. On one hand, we talk about 'rest/rotation policy'. On the other, you are thrusting SKY & Gill into every possible format. Wouldn't be long before he breaks down.

I also feel that SKY won't get a chance here. Iyer is in good knick and doesn't make sense to sideline him, just to play SKY. The dumb-ass commentators stating that SKY can play Test cricket the way he plays T20 are probaby smoking something else. Test cricket, especially in India, doesn't need a batsman to play like ABD every now and then. You need grafters like Gill and Iyer and Kohli to take command when the going gets tough.

I'd also they release Kishan from the Test squad. KS Bharat is a good keeper and deserves a chance behind the stumps. In the unlikely event that he gets injured, we can ask KLR to keep until a reserve is flown in from any part of India.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Usman Khawaja has out of nowhere taken his international Test game to the next level. I remember him being talked about as the replacement for Ricky but he kept nicking off between innings. Post pandemic he has been a different batsmen alongside Warner.

Be exciting to see the kind of pitches India prepares for these matches - probably more of a spin friendly one if theyre playing to their strengths. Australia's seam attack is far superior to any test side at the moment but looks like only Nathan Lyon (who averages over 30 with the ball in India) and with Ashwin, Axar and Jadeja in the mix it would be stupid not too.

I just hope the toss isn't as much of a decider as it can be in Asian pitches - maybe Australia have a more "Bazz-ball" based approach to account for it? Travis Head has been striking at 80+ in his slot and we all know about Warner (regardless of his form at the moment)

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Don't think India will go for dust bowls/ traditional spin wickets. We aren't that good players of spin anymore. Expect batting beauties from India here.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Don't think India will go for dust bowls/ traditional spin wickets. We aren't that good players of spin anymore. Expect batting beauties from India here.
I think it will follow the same pattern as England's last tour. Get hammered in the 1st Test only to prepare heavy spin tracks for the remaining matches. However, Australia seem better equipped than England, and this will likely backfire on India. Given that most of our batsmen's ability to play spin has deteriorated vastly, this will be a double-edged sword.

B

Bigby Wolf

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I still think Australia will pose a massive challenge. The Indian line up is quite unsettled. All it takes is for the visitors to impose their supremacy in the 1st Test and watch India collapse in the ones that follow.

Remember, we are no longer under Shastri. The body language and meek attitude has returned and is a true reflection of Dravid's term as a captain in 2007. Expect Australia to be favourites, unless they have injuries to Smith ,Khawaja and Cummins.

Users who are viewing this thread