Australia tour of India 2023 - 4 Tests , 3 ODIs

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Anyone possibly thinking a 36 all out recap on IND soil in 4th innings? I somehow fancy that :p

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
And our reliable batsman Axar out in the middle. Time for a together-forever partnership

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
While Pujara holds fort, I don't see how it is helping the team's cause. It is the 3rd innings and we are literally crawling at snail's pace.

Cheteswar needs to ramp up the scoring. Simply showcasing the fact that you cannot be dismissed on this minefield, is purely selfish.

After Iyer went hammer and tongs, Pujara has not even attempted to get the score up. India ought to have been atleast 80-90 runs ahead at this stage.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pujara's career draws to a close post the BGT.

B

Bigby Wolf

Rohit aside, Kohli has looked perhaps the best batter. These are just garbage wickets and it has been going on in Indian cricket for a very long time.
This.

The wickets have been garbage.

The last time a test lasted 5 days in India is when England score 600 batting first and ended up winning the game with a root double.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Rohit aside, Kohli has looked perhaps the best batter. These are just garbage wickets and it has been going on in Indian cricket for a very long time.

Kohli?
Post automatically merged:

It is the 3rd innings and we are literally crawling at snail's pace.
Finally the messenger has been sent out by a visibly upset Rohit.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner

If you’re only talking about this game probably yes but Kohli’s been worse than Jadeja, Pant and arguably Pujara, Ashwin and Rahul over the last year.

B

Bigby Wolf

Congratulations Australia on winning the first test in the series.

Bevab

Staff Member
Congratulations Australia on winning the first test in the series.

We’ve got a very interesting match left if they win here. After all the hoopla and drama if Australia end up drawing the series despite missing some players due to injuries it’ll be one of the finest achievements in test cricket in a long time. Will also heavily affect how India is perceived as a test side in the all-time pantheon.

Most importantly, it might spell doom for Dravid’s coaching stint unless he gets the WTC or ODI World Cup.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Most importantly, it might spell doom for Dravid’s coaching stint unless he gets the WTC or ODI World Cup.
2-4 years back, I didn't think I would be saying this but Dravid needs to go. He is best suited to look after our U-19s and create a pool system for the national side. Yes, we have been dominant in home conditions but it has always masked our weaknesses which become quite glaring if not for those wins. Too much change/chop/new captains/backing out of form players in this regime.

The final Test in front of our honourable PM will be quite exciting. Two days back Rohit was looking forward to experiment in the 4th Test and now he will have to go back to the basics and ensure it doesn't end in a 2-2 scoreline.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Abysmal performance from Indian batsmen and it was high time they get a reality check against always dishing out rank turners. I hope they take a lesson. Home advantage is a thing but it doesn't mean we shall create the pitches that decides the matches virtually in 2 days. That's unfair on the people involved, fans and the game itself.

Too bad that this will be forgotten as soon as IPL starts...

Bevab

Staff Member
2-4 years back, I didn't think I would be saying this but Dravid needs to go. He is best suited to look after our U-19s and create a pool system for the national side. Yes, we have been dominant in home conditions but it has always masked our weaknesses which become quite glaring if not for those wins. Too much change/chop/new captains/backing out of form players in this regime.

The final Test in front of our honourable PM will be quite exciting. Two days back Rohit was looking forward to experiment in the 4th Test and now he will have to go back to the basics and ensure it doesn't end in a 2-2 scoreline.

We haven’t changed a lot compared to the Kohli era. Which has been the issue. Under Kohli we had the right players to build a side and stick with it instead of needlessly changing it everytime which resulted in a couple of BGT wins and a drawn series in England being the highlights alongside home domination. The current side needs a overhaul but they’re also not willing to be like the previous regime which is causing undue loyalty to players who have been average or poor for a while. Swap the two policies around and we might have had much better results across the time periods.

Our hon’ble PM has apparently blocked sales of tickets for the first day. Already not looking forward to it for that one reason.

Users who are viewing this thread