Australia tour of India 2023 - 4 Tests , 3 ODIs

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Anyone gunning for a repeat of the 2004 Mumbai BGT Test ?

Wonder who will the Murali Kartik be? Rohit might be tempted to roll his arm+ toss over to Iyer for a few here.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
A lot actually depends upon the lines that Indian spinners maintain+ the pitch deterioration in the morning.

It won't be a straight forth win for Australia I feel. India would make it difficult for them. Australia will be heavily dependent on the start that Khawaja gives them.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
India would make it difficult for them
Here's how I'm seeing it. India will attach initially, a couple of boundaries will be hit and the field will spread in an attempt to stop the runs thereby giving away singles.

I sincerely hope Rohit realizes that if (and that's a big if) India hopes to have a semblance of a chance to win, they will need to be attacking 100% of time. Saving runs isn't gonna cut it out. Let them be 30-0 in 4 overs but keep attacking.

A 150 target would have made for an even contest but 75 is just too less to be a worry. A few blows here and there and you're home.

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
IND don't have mindset to force AUS earn the runs... Hence it's a cakewalk. Anorher WTC final loss in inevitable anyway so better lose and make it 2-2 and give chance to SL Or SA to qualify :p

We'll lose half squad to injury post IPL anyway

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Anorher WTC final loss in inevitable anyway
Bold of you to assume SL can't win with a 2-0 margin.

make it 2-2 and give chance to SL Or SA to qualify
Wait, SA is in the race too? What would make SA qualify? My understanding is that with a 2-2 shoreline in BGT, only SL stand a chance to make it through.

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Bold of you to assume SL can't win with a 2-0 margin.

Wait, SA is in the race too? What would make SA qualify? My understanding is that with a 2-2 shoreline in BGT, only SL stand a chance to make it through.
I think winning both against WI gives them mathematical chance. Unsure though

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
WTC is a failed concept. Merely by winning one test, a nation cannot be deemed as World Champions in the format. Plus, who really cares about it? No one bothered about the Test Mace for so many years. Ditto with the WTC.
Yeah, take a leaf out of WoC's book and start a nations league :yes

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
WTC is a failed concept. Merely by winning one test, a nation cannot be deemed as World Champions in the format. Plus, who really cares about it? No one bothered about the Test Mace for so many years. Ditto with the WTC.
I always was in for giving mace based on ranking. The pre WTC thing basically. WTC is garbage

Users who are viewing this thread