Australia tour of India 2023 - 4 Tests , 3 ODIs

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Ahmedabad test- BCCI wants a normal track for this test. Expect a batting beauty where the teams score in excess of 500 each culminating in a draw. Rohit's statement prior to the Indore Test wasnt just a precursor.

The BCCI would have prepared a normal track anyway to avoid the venue from getting any demerit points. The way I see it, Motera is in line to host the ICC CWC 2023 Final. That event ,which would be less than 9 months away is definitely going to be a base for the BCCI towards preparing normal wickets here. That said, I am, personally not in favour of Motera hosting the World Cup Final. I'd rather it be Mumbai or Kolkata.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Ahmedabad test- BCCI wants a normal track for this test. Expect a batting beauty where the teams score in excess of 500 each culminating in a draw. Rohit's statement prior to the Indore Test wasnt just a precursor.

The BCCI would have prepared a normal track anyway to avoid the venue from getting any demerit points. The way I see it, Motera is in line to host the ICC CWC 2023 Final. That event ,which would be less than 9 months away is definitely going to be a base for the BCCI towards preparing normal wickets here. That said, I am, personally not in favour of Motera hosting the World Cup Final. I'd rather it be Mumbai or Kolkata.
I don't believe it. I think it'll be another 3-dayer. :p

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Probably an unpopular opinion - this next Test IMO should be VK's last shot at hanging onto his place. I do agree that he has mostly not looked out of sorts when batting but for some reason he seems to find a way to get out after having done the hard work initially. He has got his mojo back in the limited overs format but has that come at a price? Has he become a tad impatient now?

Talking about the match, it's surprising how the momentum has shifted towards Australia after the first 2 matches. At one stage it looked like they had given up and just wanted the tour to get over. But the last win would certainly have rejuvenated them. What was supposed to be an "experiment" Test has now turned into an even contest. Smith as a captain invokes a different kind of fear in me, and I hope history is not repeated.

I'm still leaning towards 3-1 very slightly but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being 2-2.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Is there a cricket match happening at this political rally?

I wouldn't be surprised if 85,000 people belong to the BJP. The rest would be cricket aficionados. A bit surprised why all leaders end up meeting in Ahmedabad nowadays, especially at the stadium. It isnt the capital of the country. Ideal scenario would have been to have Albanese at Delhi where it is much easier to control the crowds, traffic and costs of security. Well, anyway, I'm simply looking forth to the game of cricket.

Bevab

Staff Member
I wouldn't be surprised if 85,000 people belong to the BJP. The rest would be cricket aficionados. A bit surprised why all leaders end up meeting in Ahmedabad nowadays, especially at the stadium. It isnt the capital of the country. Ideal scenario would have been to have Albanese at Delhi where it is much easier to control the crowds, traffic and costs of security. Well, anyway, I'm simply looking forth to the game of cricket.

It’s obvious why Ahmedabad is being pushed as the centre of India at the moment.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Australia have slowed down considerably since the fall of Head's wicket. Pitch difficult to bat on or did India bowl too many loose deliveries in the first hour?

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Both Usman and Smith looking set for daddy hundreds with over 95% control. The scoring rate is likely to increase now too with both of them set and looking comfortable. Don't think our bowlers have bowled badly too.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Over #62 and Shreyas Iyer bowling? I would have accepted it had it been Over #162

Users who are viewing this thread