Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
The lack of mention of any gameplay mechanic or feature other than the revamped fielding in their announcement is not a good sign. As much as people love to pile it on Fifa, they’ve always had at least one if not multiple new gameplay mechanics that they give a cheesy name in every new game of theirs that they also actively promote as they do know they’ve got to keep the hardcore fanbase excited in addition to the UT crowd.

On the other hand if it does have fine tune the gameplay from C22, iron out the bugs, make a slight graphical improvement and retain academy parity with it I’d say it will be a good game with all of the new bells and whistles. One thing I’m worried about is them further hampering the creation tools with the addition of new licenses so that making content similar to said licensed content is very difficult.
This engine has reached its limits .don't expect any better gameplay than cricket 19

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The lack of mention of any gameplay mechanic or feature other than the revamped fielding in their announcement is not a good sign. As much as people love to pile it on Fifa, they’ve always had at least one if not multiple new gameplay mechanics that they give a cheesy name in every new game of theirs that they also actively promote as they do know they’ve got to keep the hardcore fanbase excited in addition to the UT crowd.

On the other hand if it does have fine tune the gameplay from C22, iron out the bugs, make a slight graphical improvement and retain academy parity with it I’d say it will be a good game with all of the new bells and whistles. One thing I’m worried about is them further hampering the creation tools with the addition of new licenses so that making content similar to said licensed content is very difficult.
The academy just needs 'more', I've always said it's the best yet. With that being said, there are things missing or changes from older versions that could improve what is there.

jpm123

School Cricketer
Simulation really does need improving along with the pitches and general realism of test matches. Pro team is fine but I would love a manager mode where you can take over a team and do drafts for the IPL teams or sign players for UK teams etc

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
It suprises me how many get excited by licenses.

We have had the academy which with the ridiculously talented creators on here give us pretty much licensed teams anyway.

Mo capped actions were the best addition to the last game making it feel even more authentic. But the kits and faces for the most part were better from the academy.
I was thinking the same thing. Obviously I would love to have more licensed stadiums etc. But I was thinking I would prefer the guys at BA spending more time on the actual gameplay, fielding, pitch wear and a solid career mode just to name a few. And maybe add a little bit extra to the academy creation tools so the legends we have over here, can work their magic creating uniforms and decent looking players. I always feel a bit restricted playing career mode because I can't fine tune any of the licenced teams/players/uniforms. So I'm hoping we have an option to edit or replace the licensed versions of teams for a career mode. Surely it wouldn't be a problem implementing this for a user playing career mode offline?

And while we're talking about licensing... I really hope the equipment licensing will go beyond just the bats, so we can have some other official equipment such as gloves, pads, glasses, shoes etc. I don't think I can survive another cricket game with the same old gloves and pads we've been using for 4 or 5 iterations now. Haha

Anyways, fingers crossed C24 makes up for the rollercoaster ride we had with C22. Come on BA, restore the faith lads.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
If I can pre-order for £15 from key sites I'll do that but I'm not picking up at full price after the shambles of 22.

kamrul

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Key to win for BAS this time is nothing but better fielding mechanics and fielding animation. Otherwise, licenses and mo-cap won't bring any additional benefit from 22.

s0074845

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I hope spinners also have the jump and release action and can bowl no balls and ball spins of the wickets to make it worthwhile .

Secondly I hope the batting also have been revamped so that it’s 360 hitting angle not some weird animation for certain shots .

Keeping hope !

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Hope they have management style career mode for whole the team and more perks for batting and bowling and even more refined recording of stats and world view tab in career mode , realistic AI player’s development is also needed

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
I hope spinners also have the jump and release action and can bowl no balls and ball spins of the wickets to make it worthwhile .

Secondly I hope the batting also have been revamped so that it’s 360 hitting angle not some weird animation for certain shots .

Keeping hope !
I'd also like every off spinner to not use Nathan Lyon's hideous action

cricboi

Club Captain
Have to agree that touting new cut scenes and things like that seem a bit silly when the current cut scenes rarely work or add anything. Most if not all in career mode don't even tie into what actually happened and the ones before the game are so generic and shoddy that they take away from the drama of it all.
I'd settle for a legit reaction to winning the game, either by the commentators or by the players that doesn't require a separate scene to trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread