Cricket 24 - General Discussion

TORNEDO

Club Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
Hoping to see some better shots animation for pull, square cuts, cover drives etc. in Cricket 24 and the players don't pass across each others body .

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Upgrade to C22

Say it ain’t so!

(Like, a sequel is going to bound to build on the foundations of the previous game. Can’t believe we have 2.5k followers for such riveting content just because the development studio’s CEO is a loose gun on Twitter.)

D

Deleted member 185125

Just to be clear - there's no other official twitter account for the game other than the Big Ant Studios account, no matter how many times people write 'official' in their profile or username.
Thanks, so Cricket 24 build ground up then?

D

Deleted member 185125

Personally i dont want any new licenses or teams. The community does a great job at this anyway. I want better gameplay, newer animations, newer ways of getting out, newer batting styles, just overall great, better, more realistic gameplay.
But that is difficult to do and requires years of work/effort. On the other hand, licenses and new cut scenes are easier in comparison.

sdubey40

Club Cricketer
Personally I think AFL 2023 is only a minor upgrade over C22 graphic wise... however I guess C22 was so unpolished because of the pandemic situation prevailing during the development period of the game ...BA really need to work on textures and and other stuffs like hair and jersey physics..furthermore, keeping in mind the nacon acquisition there should be much lesser budget constraints...it's only how they spend the budget on...games like real C22 on the other hand have done really well animation wise plus..they have better been able to create that "sense" of the event ..things like patchy outfield in India... different lighting in different grounds really add up well...One thing I badly want in the game is emotional intelligence mechanism that FIFA is having in its games since 2015...if a game is tight then players and crowd should react accordingly...

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Thanks, so Cricket 24 build ground up then?
It's just a comment on the reliability of those sources, there's some particularly bad accounts for misinfo, or worse, accounts that alternate between stuff that is sourced from actual announcements, with things that are at best speculative - making it appear they have more trustworthiness than they actually do.

That said, other than a blanket warning about unofficial information sources, if all it takes to get a feature confirmation out of me is to repeat a lie and challenge me to fact check, there's quite a loophole there - so that's why I'd like to make the point about not trusting random accounts, rather than saying any particular statement is true or false.

D

Deleted member 185125

It's just a comment on the reliability of those sources, there's some particularly bad accounts for misinfo, or worse, accounts that alternate between stuff that is sourced from actual announcements, with things that are at best speculative - making it appear they have more trustworthiness than they actually do.

That said, other than a blanket warning about unofficial information sources, if all it takes to get a feature confirmation out of me is to repeat a lie and challenge me to fact check, there's quite a loophole there - so that's why I'd like to make the point about not trusting random accounts, rather than saying any particular statement is true or false.
Please don't say Tempsaad is unreliable. Cos it will break my heart.

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan

Dear Matt when we can expect the C24 Teaser ?? or Trailer ??

kamrul

Associate Captain
Got a lot of hope pinned on BA this year. Cricket obviously and then I been waiting for a decent Rugby game for years.. Rugby league live was fun so I got faith!
The biggest jump i believe we have observed between iterations was Ashes Cricket 17. We loved playing that game. Since then there were not a huge leap in terms of gameplay, however I believe even BA Studios understand, they messed up during Cricket 22 launch. They received lots of backlashes at least from the community I belong.

I have been with this franchise since DBC14 discussion and bought every single iterations as a gratitude towards their approach to cricket. Hopefully, they will make this year's game worth every penny and bring some meaningful changes in the game, not only cosmetics. If they can somehow nail the fielding and game atmosphere. I would be happy to pay big bucks for the game.

Best of luck BAS and the fans.

Users who are viewing this thread