Cricket 24 - General Discussion

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
I haven't tried that. But then won't it become too obvious well before the ball arrives? Will check it out
It will not because the arm ball doesn't get spin , so there will be some elements of doubt but still some hints for most balls. but that little doubt will make it exciting to predict the turn.

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Then what kind of indicator do you have in mind that could not be obvious but also challenging? Because any kind of indicator you know whats gonna come..
I mean this has been in my wishlist where the wrist and finger position as an indicator of whats coming. Like for spin arm ball the arm angle actually differs in the point of release etc..
What I have in mind is maybe a quick show of the seam position for split second or two when the bowler is about to release the ball. Not enough to to make it too easy but if you are quick you can notice it.
Kind of like the hand eye coordination for a batter. Don’t really want it to be displayed when the bowler begins the run up as it would be too easier.

Im sure there are better brains than me out there that can come up with some resolution.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
It will not because the arm ball doesn't get spin , so there will be some elements of doubt but still some hints for most balls. but that little doubt will make it exciting to predict the turn.
For eg for a leg spinner ball drifting in will more than likely to be leg spinner but you can't totally rule out that bowl being top spinner or straighter ones also even though AI doesn't bowl them much , but still the doubt will remain in your mind but one thing will be sure that it won't be googly because the googly has away drift and for googly you will spot it by the amount of drift but still not be able to predict the exact amount of spin it will get after pitching but you will know that either it will turn in very little or very big and definitely won't turn away like leg spin.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
What I have in mind is maybe a quick show of the seam position for split second or two when the bowler is about to release the ball. Not enough to to make it too easy but if you are quick you can notice it.
Kind of like the hand eye coordination for a batter. Don’t really want it to be displayed when the bowler begins the run up as it would be too easier.

Im sure there are better brains than me out there that can come up with some resolution.
Bowl final position marker giving away absolute final position for better batsmen and more inaccurate final position for lesser skilled batsmen is the way to go i think.

noys390

Club Cricketer
Need to have the 'retired hurt' concept to make the playing of shorter length more challenging. Currently the batsman can take unlimited blows on the body and still go on as if nothing has happened and can even run on the same delivery that has hit him on the head.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Need to have the 'retired hurt' concept to make the playing of shorter length more challenging. Currently the batsman can take unlimited blows on the body and still go on as if nothing has happened and can even run on the same delivery that has hit him on the head.
Personally, don't see the point in injuries - although it would increase the risk factor, which I think is something that can't be recreated in any sense (injury or value of your wicket). It should severely impact confidence and ability to execute shots.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Personally, don't see the point in injuries - although it would increase the risk factor, which I think is something that can't be recreated in any sense (injury or value of your wicket). It should severely impact confidence and ability to execute shots.
Agreed, maybe a slight hit in stamina too but confidence should be the big factor there.

sdubey40

Club Cricketer
Then what kind of indicator do you have in mind that could not be obvious but also challenging? Because any kind of indicator you know whats gonna come..
I mean this has been in my wishlist where the wrist and finger position as an indicator of whats coming. Like for spin arm ball the arm angle actually differs in the point of release etc..
This is exactly what the game needs...this would add much more realism and depth to the gameplay than any other indicator

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Agreed, maybe a slight hit in stamina too but confidence should be the big factor there.
Yeah, I think working within the gameplay 'rules' as it stands, makes more sense than adding new elements that have knock on effects. Particularly when things like AI team selections, bowling rotations, player retirement and development could use some love.

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
The gameplay will never be perfect until I can achieve my dream of a promising career blighted by recurring groin strains.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Two weeks back we got the announcement, may be this week couple of screen shots from the game???

bumba

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Two weeks back we got the announcement, may be this week couple of screen shots from the game???
I think the screenshot will be same as Cricket 22 with some changes like fielding, additional stadiums etc

Users who are viewing this thread