Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
With due respect,Zak was never threatening. Never heard people talk about Zak in the same vein as Akram ( or even Srinath). A longish career backed by a supportive captain meant he played for a few years.

Zaheer wasn't Wasim (I mean, few are) but calling him never threatening is just flat out wrong when he was impressive with no proper pace support for a large part of his career in an era dominated by flat pitches.

Bevab

Staff Member
Yeah, Jaiswal is going to be a big part of the post 2023 WC changes.

Bevab

Staff Member
Also Rinku Singh

Depends on the logjam in the middle order… KL has made the number five his own and we need all-rounders at six and seven in ODIs. Can see him getting a trial in T20Is but I’m most looking forward to him in tests.

Jaiswal’s mid innings interview was very composed too. He is going to be a big superstar in the near future.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Tough match. This was clearly a 'batting first' track and also good that RR bucked the trend of captains choosing to bowl first, and they rightly batted first.

Though CSK got caned in the Powerplay, couldnt fault them much including Pathirana who was extremely unlucky today that his yorkers/toe crushers were going for streaky boundaries. And when Conway found the ideal time to reset his 'excellent streak', you knew CSK were totally out of this. Though I question Dhoni's assessment of the wicket where he said it will stay the same throughout and he would've bowled first. It clearly did not stay the same and it got tougher and tougher to bat. This season, its been tougher to chase right at the start of the season and the Impact Player and "Team after toss" is clearly playing a role in it as teams stack up resources to counter challenges.

I wonder when will they let go of the rope that they are giving to Ambati Rayudu. He comes in almost all games as an 'Impact Player' but he hasnt created any impact whatsoever. He retired last season but was forced to take back his retirement. Wonder for what?

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
In 1st innings, Theekshana got lot of turn but CSK didn't took advantage from that... RR use there spinner well to win this game...

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Depends on the logjam in the middle order… KL has made the number five his own and we need all-rounders at six and seven in ODIs. Can see him getting a trial in T20Is but I’m most looking forward to him in tests.

Jaiswal’s mid innings interview was very composed too. He is going to be a big superstar in the near future.

I expect there to be a lot many changes in the aftermath of the CWC2023. KL will make way for Sanju for sure, especially now that it is a given fact that Rishab will not keeo in future.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Zaheer wasn't Wasim (I mean, few are) but calling him never threatening is just flat out wrong when he was impressive with no proper pace support for a large part of his career in an era dominated by flat pitches.
Being impressive and being threatening are completely different things.

If you talk if being impressive, Vijay Bharadwaj, was. But ,he was never considered a threat :grinning:

Bevab

Staff Member
KL gets out in less than ten balls and Lucknow post the highest score of the season.

1682696930555.gif
Post automatically merged:

Excellent stuff by KL Rahul to lay the foundations for a huge total for LSG.

Him seeing off the new ball was pivotal. It’s also why he should be the opener in the WTC final.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Is Kuldeep Sen injured or just out of the team for now?

Bevab

Staff Member
Is Kuldeep Sen injured or just out of the team for now?

Minor injury according to the RR fans. Only reason why he's not even on the impact bench while beamer Saini keeps featuring there every game and why everyone else is playing ahead of him.

Users who are viewing this thread