Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Lol another unfinished cashgrab coming our way my fellas. I really hope i am wrong and want myself to be proven wrong but, all signs point the other way so far.

Thank you capitalism and excessive corporatization of video game industry, it's not just a problem related to one studio specifically, it's become a whole feature in recent times. I mean look at redfall even

If only we had the communist utopia Stalin had promised us, we’d have 10/10 games everywhere!

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Not strictly Cricket 24 related, but the replies on this tweet sound ominously familiar.

Perhaps lessons can be learned between now and Cricket 24, fingers crossed anyway.

Just watched some of the videos. Players not being able to pick the ball up now where have I seen that before (dumb fielders toeing the cricket ball around) I was and still am looking forward to the game although cricket 22 and what I’ve seen so far from the afl game should suggest otherwise hopefully it’s not another daily patch fest

Harigoks

County Cricketer
I honestly don't want to waste my money on C24 if it's going to be as bad as AFL23. @JNT BA @MattW a request... If the game (C24)is not ready and not tested, please postpone the release.

I guess the more you delay, more the gameplay gets better since initial release.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
In my opinion, quality of games on release were better pre Nacon

They won’t admit it for obvious reasons but I guess that’s the difference between self publishing and having someone else as the publisher setting deadlines and whatnot.

NaviN GandhI

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Champions League Winner
Profile Flag
India
IPL licenses confirmed so far for #Cricket24

Delhi Capitals
Mumbai Indians
Gujarat Titans
Lucknow Super Giants
Punjab Kings

Remaining Team

Chennai Super Kings
Rajasthan Royals
Royal Challengers Bangalore
Kolkata Knight Riders
Sunrisers Hyderabad

Out of Remaining 5 Teams, CSK and RCB are must to have to Boost your sales. Put Dhoni and Virat on Cover for India and see your sales skyrocket. With rumor's of this last season for Dhoni. Having him will be vital.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
D

Deleted member 185125

Apologies, I did preface by saying it wasn't Cricket 24 related, but I'll happily take the wrist slap and 5 minutes on the naughty step for this one.

As you were, chaps. Quick, someone talk about clouds!
Hope Cricket 24 includes front foot no ball for spinners.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Game released by the same company not long before the game we are waiting for of course people are going to talk about it especially after the mess at the beginning of cricket 22 and the months that followed (some say even now). It looks buggy and a mess from what I’ve seen let’s hope CRICKET 24 isn’t the same. Will I still buy it if it is ? Yes as it’s our only option

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Game released by the same company not long before the game we are waiting for of course people are going to talk about it especially after the mess at the beginning of cricket 22 and the months that followed (some say even now). It looks buggy and a mess from what I’ve seen let’s hope CRICKET 24 isn’t the same. Will I still buy it if it is ? Yes as it’s our only option
As a cricket fan who love playing these games, we can only delay the purchase and not avoid it. @BigAntStudios has been taking the accountability to fix the bugs to a large extend, except that their transparency and timelines regarding these bug fixes need to be addressed (they can chose not to do so, but they should if they value their customers).

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Pretty sure it won't be a bugfeast since it doesn't look like much upgrade over Cricket 22 apart from fielding which I think they might have done on priority basis , not much other bugs to discuss about in Cricket 22 any way , may be apart from unrealistic edges , I hope they really flesh out the career mode this time including world ratings for players and teams and all players stats and better development of players.

The Pro team mode players stats should also be saved as it will give incentive to improve your players after every match. I would be happy if I turn my 125k Pacer in to 150k pacer through good performance and player upgrade cards/completing the challenges etc.

sdubey40

Club Cricketer
I really hope that the graphics of cricket 24 are significantly superior to AFL 2023...the grass texture in the game is looking exactly identical to cricket 22...there is an unnecessary sheen on player's skin like even under shade like in the dressing room...lack of animation in the crowd is apperant...trees and buildings around the stadium are looking absolutely flat...i really hope the amount of money that is being poured into the licences is proportional to that of game development...so to have better graphics and animations...needless to say there are much more animations required in a cricket game compared to an AFL game..

Last edited:

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Given that the game comes out in about a month or so I would think that highly unlikely .It will be the same graphics as afl 23.

Karachi

County Cricketer
As a cricket fan who love playing these games, we can only delay the purchase and not avoid it. @BigAntStudios has been taking the accountability to fix the bugs to a large extend, except that their transparency and timelines regarding these bug fixes need to be addressed (they can chose not to do so, but they should if they value their customers).

I have avoided buying some of BA's cricket games.

Users who are viewing this thread