Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I do hope they will not come out with any announcements until they are ready. Frankly, that is better than giving a ETA (only to either postpone it or give us half baked game). This year has already been terrible for PC gaming (Calisto Protocol, SWJS to name a few).

Until the announcement of release date, this thread is more of a "dream on" wherein we wish/hope/cuss and waste our time.

Gotta love the selective examples of two games (one of which barring technical issues is a GOTY contender) to signal the doom of PC gaming and declare the year to be in doldrums when plenty of good stuff has been out there.

I do agree with your take on Cricket 24 though, people grabbing their pitchforks when there’s been nothing other than a few teases on social media and one announcement is absolutely silly. You can’t delay something that doesn’t even have a release date for heaven’s sake.

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
Why is there so many people in here pretending to be in the know. It's so irritating.

No one knows anything!
Because they are allowed to have their opinion?

Whether it is right or wrong is beside the point.

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Having an opinion and stating they know something are two very different things mate.
Oh indeed! Just one thing, How about this mate? :)

When someone say,
I've an opinion about C24 development, that is, as stated by a very deep and reliable source from BA, that the game is still at alpha, hence might release next year.. :p

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
Having an opinion and stating they know something are two very different things mate.
Would then be their opinion? Hence whether it is right or wrong.

It would be wrong to 'make up fact' but it is still an opinion as there would be no fact to draw on thus it would be their making. Maybe these posts need deleting otherwise we can just ignore them?

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
Oh indeed! Just one thing, How about this mate? :)

When someone say,
I've an opinion about C24 development, that is, as stated by a very deep and reliable source from BA, that the game is still at alpha, hence might release next year.. :p
That is speculation, we can debate whether they know it or we could just ignore that post. The best advice is only read from official sources as that is what the developers want people to hear and would not be in any manner misleading.

For the record, I have no idea of any one at Big Ant?

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
That is speculation, we can debate whether they know it or we could just ignore that post. The best advice is only read from official sources as that is what the developers want people to hear and would not be in any manner misleading.

For the record, I have no idea of any one at Big Ant?
Jeez.. That's some straight up slam shut scenario over my $arcasm! :clap

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
So this is what happens when we stop talking about the clouds in C22...

Amazing how the entire vibe changed in here after the AFL 23 release. We were all talking about what improvements we would like to see in C24. Sharing our wishlists. Some lads were hoping for ball-sweat and others were playing with their crystal balls giving us dodgy predictions. But since the release of AFL, seeing basically a replay of the C22 release mess we had to endure, and on AFL still seeing daily patches, fixing one thing, breaking another, seeing the guys go through all of that just to be able to play their game. I think at this stage every one of us can agree that we don't want to go through that again with C24. Even if it is delayed, I think we would much rather accept the delay and wait a little longer for a finished product than having to go though all of the frustrations again like we had last time. From my side, BA, take your time and give us a decent product with the much needed improvements you promised. Please don't just give us an updated copy of C22 with more licenses and don't do to us what you did with the release of C22 and AFL 23. Even your most loyal supporters won't come back after that.

Fingers crossed it all works out and we get a proper game when it's released.

Nitrox

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Agree with you bro

There are a few important reasons why it's crucial for Big Ant to release a finished version of Cricket 24.

Firstly, it's all about keeping customers happy. When people buy a game, they expect it to work properly and have all the promised features. Releasing an unfinished game leads to disappointment and frustration. We don't want a repeat of the Cricket 22 situation where it was advertised as an upgraded version but felt like an ongoing project. Many of us are still affected by the issues in Cricket 22, and some people are even refusing to buy it despite significant discounts.

Releasing unfinished games also damages Big Ant's reputation. If fans know that Big Ant doesn't release finished games, they'll be less likely to buy from them in the future. This can hurt Big Ant's business and make it harder for them to keep making games. Which I can’t imagine

To avoid these problems, it's extremely important for Big Ant to deliver a finished product. They need to address the issues with their recent releases and ensure their games work properly before releasing them to the public. If they don't, they'll continue to disappoint fans and harm their reputation.

They need to

1. Spend more time in development: If it’s not ready then no need to release it in hurry.

2. Be transparent with fans: Keeping fans informed about the development process builds trust. Regular updates, addressing concerns, and actively listening to the community's feedback can make fans feel valued. (Most Important)

Good luck to them

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Amazing how the entire vibe changed in here after the AFL 23 release. We were all talking about what improvements we would like to see in C24. Sharing our wishlists. Some lads were hoping for ball-sweat and others were playing with their crystal balls giving us dodgy predictions. But since the release of AFL, seeing basically a replay of the C22 release mess we had to endure, and on AFL still seeing daily patches, fixing one thing, breaking another, seeing the guys go through all of that just to be able to play their game. I think at this stage every one of us can agree that we don't want to go through that again with C24. Even if it is delayed, I think we would much rather accept the delay and wait a little longer for a finished product than having to go though all of the frustrations again like we had last time. From my side, BA, take your time and give us a decent product with the much needed improvements you promised. Please don't just give us an updated copy of C22 with more licenses and don't do to us what you did with the release of C22 and AFL 23. Even your most loyal supporters won't come back after that.

on that note, have the patches improved AFL in any way?

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
Jeez.. That's some straight up slam shut scenario over my $arcasm! :clap
How is one to judge whether a post is sarcastic?

Is this a mature debate or is it just kids writing rubbish for effect? I actually thought this was a proper cricket forum than a really bad kindergarten?

Last edited:

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England

I have no real interest in the sport of AFL but you are correct, the development (or lack of) and pending problems have brought this into the computer gaming spotlight. If it didn't have the problems discussed then I feel it would have flown under the radar totally unnoticed (by me anyway) but it is a bit of a concern with respect being the same developer.

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
Hard work this place
If it's hard work then don't reply or post; report posts that don't meet with your 'standards' everyone has their point of view it really depends if it is working for or against the forum rules.

You have the billy bonus of ignoring posts too, just don't moan when your view has not been met. If some post do vex thee then report them.

We are seemingly adding to the problem ;)

Pravain

Club Captain
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India

Fingers crossed it all works out and we get a proper game when it's released.​

Yes you are absolutely right that this was a thread discussing ones wishlist and about the vibe change.

I was thinking to give a break from obsessively refreshing this thread when there is absolutely nothing new to discuss and many have expressed their wishlist already.

The trash talk here I feel is because of desperation of not having any new information when the Ashes is in less than a month's time.

I take in solace in the fact that Big Ant is on fire fighting mode with the AFl and wouldn't want any distraction when new information about Cricket 24 is announced in the same page. They may want a clean slate to announce it. These are my guesses obviously. I am looking for a cracking game in June however exercising caution that I won't buy until i see gameplay videos on YouTube.

Let's change the vibe :)

Users who are viewing this thread