95.4 KB · Views: 74

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I guess BA is not confirming the release date of Cricket 24 because of what happened to AFL23.

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
I guess BA is not confirming the release date of Cricket 24 because of what happened to AFL23.
If BA learning from mistake, that's a good thing. We can afford to hope C24 might turn out to be better, post patching spree.

sdubey40

Club Cricketer
One thing that Cricket games till date have ignored and i would like that to be included in upcoming iteration is the ball type ..i.e Duke in England, Ireland..darker Duke in west Indies, kukabura in Australia and other countries and sg cricket in india...all these balls have different seam and colour and thus different characteristics..

Chris Lickley

County Cricketer
Northern Superchargers
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
One thing that Cricket games till date have ignored and i would like that to be included in upcoming iteration is the ball type ..i.e Duke in England, Ireland..darker Duke in west Indies, kukabura in Australia and other countries and sg cricket in india...all these balls have different seam and colour and thus different characteristics..
I think there was an option in one of the later codemasters games where you could choose the ball, but I maybe wrong. Or even in that failed Ashes Cricket 2013 game.

sdubey40

Club Cricketer
I think there was an option in one of the later codemasters games where you could choose the ball, but I maybe wrong. Or even in that failed Ashes Cricket 2013 game.
Things like these are a must in a cricket simulation....instead of options like turning to different colours ...BA should add these cricket balls each with slight different characteristics.. furthermore these characteristics are very easy to code into the game...such as SG ball will get soft early, Duke will swing and seam more..etc etc..

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Different characteristics for cricket in different parts of the world, you say.....

Disclaimer, I'm not doing another spreadsheet project.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Getting the right type of bowlers to work in the right conditions and against the right batters would in itself be revolutionary and should be the focus of the devs in all honesty. Slap some FIFA-esque marketing name on that feature and have it as the headline for all it's worth. Having more variations such as a bogey player (Warne to Cullinan), a type of delivery that you struggle or thrive against (Rohit against short balls for thriving but also an increased risk of getting out, Raina against short balls for struggling) would be great. I know the latter is already in the game but it isn't nearly as fleshed out as it could be. Imagine replicating someone like Pope who thrives at The Oval or only on specific pitches.

Users who are viewing this thread