[Indian Cricket Career] Introduction

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
image002.gif

INTRODUCTION
Welcome to the introduction thread for CIO Indian Cricket Career, a player-career game that the cool folks at Cricket India Online are developing. This thread serves to explain the game, which is currently in development, and also serve as a means to ask and answer questions about it. The game will be free and playable online. It will feature a simple interface and won't require any sort of high-end graphics set up!!

The basic concept of the game is that it focuses on the life of an up and coming Indian cricketer whose goal it is to get a break into the national team and represent India in international cricket. He starts out by getting into a local club team, and has to progress through the hierarchy of Indian cricket (state lower levels, higher levels, national lower levels, etc.)

CAREER PATH
While each career path will be unique, the basic format will be as follows. When the game is first created, you will choose what type of player you wish to be?Batsman, Bowler, Batting All-rounder, Bowling All-rounder, Wicket keeper. Depending on your choice, you will be assigned rating points in each category (skill, talent, etc.) randomly within a certain threshold.

Your player will then attempt to be recruited by a state cricket team by playing well in the lowest level of the game--club cricket. Depending on your performance, you may be selected automatically into a state-level team, be invited to a try-out, or just asked to keep trying. You will be offered contracts and it will then be up to you to figure out the best deal for you and then enter a squad or go back and wait for the next opportunity to arise.

You will then play for your team. Your performance will be affected by a lot of factors?how much time you wish to spend in the nets, how good your equipment is, how much salary you are offered, how fit you are, etc. You can even choose to do training overseas, depending on your financial situation.

With state cricket comes the chance for endorsements and to catch the eye of the selectors. You will play all the standard tournaments in Indian domestic cricket if you are selected and throughout this point, you will be interacting with the team management, coaches, other players, advertisers, equipment manufacturers. Your ability to balance all this will reflect on your on-field performance.

If you have a successful performance (one of the top batsmen/bowlers/wicket-keepers in the country) and there is a space available in a national-representative squad for your type of player, you may be selected for it. You will then go on international tours, where you will face different conditions, etc. Finally, if your stint in the national-level is successful and long enough, you may be offered a contract by the national board.

DEVELOPMENT CYCLE
We will not be setting any deadlines in the development of the game. The development cycle will include the designing of the various engines that run the game, testing the game, and then going back and fixing what needs to be fixed. Currently, we have more-or-less completed writing the match engines for both the short form and long-form of cricket.

HELPING US
There will be many ways in which the PC community can help us in the development of this game. Watch out for more information on this. You can be particularly useful for us if you are good at creating creative scenarios. More information on what will be required, what the requirements of filling a position and such will be provided in the future.

Last edited:

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'd like to help you with the scenarios if you could just say more about what you want. Also, there is a cricket game kinda like this on cricketgames.com. I could provide a link for you if you want to see how it runs. Fantastic idea by the way; if and when this game is finished, it should be brilliant.

pal

International Coach
I guess it's the first player-based online game, rather than a management one. Currently, this is the big picture as I see it (and be aware that I don't have 20/20 vision :p):

The player registers and becomes a part of a local team (there are a set amount of local teams per state). You are on the team with 19 other members (20 members/players for each squad). The best trained players (others will also get a chance) play a season schedule against the other teams in the state in tournaments. If your player performs well and impresses the selectors during the season, he will be selected for the state team with the other best players in the state and you will be a part of the Indian domestic circuit playing against the best teams in the nation in the major tournaments (Ranjit Trophy, Irani Trophy, Duleep Trophy, etc.). The goal now is to train your player well enough so they can impress the national selectors and earn a contract with the national team and play against the best in the world.

At this time, the game is limited to Indian teams alone due to its extensiveness. Perhaps at a later time and hopefully, with enough interest from the community, we can expand it to include other test nations.

Last edited:

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
pal said:
I guess it's the first player-based online game, rather than a management one. Currently, this is the big picture as I see it (and be aware that I don't have 20/20 vision :p):

The player registers and becomes a part of a local team (there are a set amount of local teams per state). You are on the team with 19 other members (20 members/players for each squad). The best trained players (others will also get a chance) play a season schedule against the other teams in the state in tournaments. If your player performs well and impresses the selectors during the season, he will be selected for the state team with the other best players in the state and you will be a part of the Indian domestic circuit playing against the best teams in the nation in the major tournaments (Ranjit Trophy, Irani Trophy, Duleep Trophy, etc.). The goal now is to train your player well enough so they can impress the national selectors and earn a contract with the national team and play against the best in the world.

At this time, the game is limited to Indian teams alone due to its extensiveness. Perhaps at a later time and hopefully, with enough interest from the community, we can expand it to include other test nations.

Shouldnt that read Ranji Trophy ?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Yes, I'm sure that was a typo.

evertonfan, are you talking about Sumit Choudhary's Cricket Career? I've played that game and its pretty solidly built. However, being as it will be an online game, there will be an opportunity for new things to constantly be added. We'll definitely look into enlisting your help when it comes to writing scenarios!

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
sohummisra said:
Yes, I'm sure that was a typo.

evertonfan, are you talking about Sumit Choudhary's Cricket Career? I've played that game and its pretty solidly built. However, being as it will be an online game, there will be an opportunity for new things to constantly be added. We'll definitely look into enlisting your help when it comes to writing scenarios!

Yep, that was the game; I remember palying that a whille back, it was good. I'll help you all I can with scenarios when the time comes.

Users who are viewing this thread