England in Australia

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Should have watched the 20/20 :p
From what I saw, Harwood is a hit the deck bowler generating good bounce while also surprising the batsmen with his pace as he doesn't look all that quick.
Hilfy was mid 130s but can crank it over 140, first ball he bowled you could see the ball out swing. He bowls a good line and had a number of plays and misses, good slower ball as well.

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
aussie1st said:
From what I saw, Harwood is a hit the deck bowler generating good bounce while also surprising the batsmen with his pace as he doesn't look all that quick.

Harwood's action reminded me alittle of Simon Jones. Certainly surprised some batsmen with his pace, much like Jones.

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hilfenhaus would definately work in the team with someone who can swing the ball like he can, would be great if he had some faster pace :)

Harwood's pace isn't hurting anyone, and at this level he would probably be worked around by the batsmen.

kodos

International Coach
How old is Harwood btw?? I remember one of the commentator's saying he was in his early 30's think 32. Seems to be another late bloomer for the Aussies.

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
I just saw on the news that their are rumours going around that Matt Hayden belted up Damien Martyn sometime ago. Hayden denies this though. Anyone else here anything about this?

genghis_khan

International Cricketer
wfdu_ben91 said:
I just saw on the news that their are rumours going around that Matt Hayden belted up Damien Martyn sometime ago. Hayden denies this though. Anyone else here anything about this?

Cruel Rumour.

Apparently Haydos was the first to bear-hug Martyn when he rocked up in the Aussie dressing rooms after the SCG Test.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
It's just our typical media spinning a story out of nothing. Until Martyn says it don't take anything this media is spinning off.

Users who are viewing this thread