Updates & Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Online Cricket Games Owned
This thread will be for any staff announcements, game updates worthy of mention, notices about new videos etc.

legend_master

Screenshots

First announcement:

"Friday Screenz" is now going to become 'Game screenz" and will feature new pics when new content is ready and is significantly updated. I'm afraid every Friday was starting to eat into important development time. This was putting unwanted pressure on myself and others. I will update the 'Friday screenz" thread with this new title.

cheers,

Legend_Master

legend_master

Update - 16th April 06

In case anyone is wondering what im up to at the moment, i am fixing up all batting animations (redoing some) and adding all other 'non stroke' batting animations ;)

Let me just say that the 'new' animations are 1000 times better than the old...all animations are now transitioning, so dont appear so static ie. are much more natural and flowing. My personal favourite so far is the new cover drive - wow ;)

these 'non stroke' animations include the following (all are completed also) plus more:

Idle Stance1-normal
Idle2 - look around
Idle3 - practice strokes
Idle4 - pat down turf
Taking Guard
BattingStance1
BattingStance1 Tapping
Stance 1 Prestroke
BattingStance2
BattingStance2 Tapping
Stance 2 Prestroke
BattingStance3
BattingStance3 Tapping
disbelief at out
swingbatinanger
Justbeenbowled
struck in head
struck in arm/hand/bathandle
struck in body
turn around to ground bat - stumping
Step Left
Step right
Step back
Advance Forwards

i estimate another week before i complete this, then another week to integrate everything into the code and to tidy up any other loose ends. This means by the start of May i should be totally completed with batting and can move onto bowlers and umpires.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
hey,

Guys Who are Interested in Commentating for the game can still volunteer ! :)
The Commentary Dept. Hasnt Been Finalised Yet and hence you have a Great
Chance of getting in :)

Cheers

JK

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
hey guys,

Many of you must be wondering why there hasnt been any update
on the game or the forum has gone quite . This is because
The Production Of TCP has been halted from the past couple of
weeks as Paul (legend_master) is facing some personal problems !
he is in a state where he simply cant work on the game.
but dont worry, he'll be back in buisness once he gets everything
sorted out ! this is an announcement i am making on behalf of LM
so as to keep you guys updated !

cheers

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
hey guys,

Great News ! LM has almost sorted out his personal problem and
will be back very soon :)

Cheers :cheers

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I know a lot of you have started to get worried by the lack of updates from Paul (legend_master), so this will be comforting news for you.

He has told me through e-mail that he is dedicating as much time as he can to the game at the moment. Remember, he has to work on it alongside working, sleeping and having a life!

He hasn't found time to visit the forums lately so he's told me to assure you all that the game is still very much on and nothing stupid has happened to it!

He also tells me he will be able to donate a lot more time to it in the near future!

Please discuss this news in the DISCUSSION THREAD.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Vengeance Gaming is pleased to announce that 'Live The Dream' will be the official slogan for The Art of Cricket.

We would like to thank all those who posted their slogan ideas, especially to ZoraxDoom who posted the winning entry, and to evertonfan who's 'Pad Up' was runner up in the poll.

The slogan will begin to be used shortly on the website and in other TAOC related items (Press Releases, etc.), so keep an eye out for it.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
New TAOC.net Design, Forums Opened

After a few months of behind the scenes work, Vengeance Gaming would like to announce that the official forums for The Art of Cricket are now open. The new forums are complemented with a complete overhaul of the website's design.

The Art of Cricket's forums are designed to give cricketing fans a direct voice to us, and a way of organising the community's efforts in helping us. Vengeance Gaming would like to take this opportunity to again thank the support that everyone has given us in making The Art of Cricket a reality, giving cricketing fans a game that does cricket justice, and we hope that that support can continue in to the future.

You can have your say on the new design in our new forums at http://www.theartofcricket.net/forum/index.php?topic=14.0 or start posting in the rest of the forums.

legend_master

Guys, Matt has put in a fantastic effort. :clap :hpraise

I think you'll mostly all agree the new site looks great and its brilliant to have our own forums, though we're still gonna be around on PC.net of course ;)

cheers,

LM

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Hello Everyone ! There has been no big update since April and many of you might be doubting the progress of TAOC.
well, a good news for all TAOC fans out there, Our Lead Man Mr.Paul Snell A.K.A legend_master is back in action and this time with a lot more vengeance!
Due to some personal issues, he wasnt able to dedicate his time to the development especially in this last couple of months.
but its all sorted now and right now he is working on Fielder AI/Animations - including throwing, chasing, diving, catching etc.
At this stage of production, it is the most important,challenging and tough part to accomplish and hence would take some time.

Another good news, my admission process would end very soon and i would be able to devote a whole lot of time for the development.
My 1st priority is to complete the Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore, Pakistan.

Expect Some serious development in the coming few weeks.

INFORMATION REGARDING STADIUM MAKING:-

In Another News, After a lot of testing and discussion, Paul and Myself have to come to a conclusion to rule out Google Sketch-up for the production of stadiums/3D stuff !
i feel sorry for those who started their work on sketch-up especially waraa

Some of the recommended programs for making stadiums would be 3DS MAX, Blender3D, Milkshape3D etc.
in short, basically anything that can export to .3DS or .OBJ is good. even google sketch-up had a .3DS exporting option but it turned all messy after import and somethings were irreparable or had to be done from scratch !
so,if your gonna try your hand at stadiums, make sure to inform us the software your using so as to save all the hours of hard work you would be putting in.

also, to make sure that the game runs smoothly, we have set the Polygon Limit of Small/Medium Size Stadiums as 8000 and the polygon limit of Biggy Stadiums as 10,000.

Feel free to contact us for any difficulty or doubts you would encounter while making stadiums.

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I would just like to say a very big thank you to all of you who voted to make The Art of Cricket's Forums, Planet Cricket's number one sub-forum.

This is a great indicator of the huge amount of community support that has been given to TAOC, support which has helped keep Paul going in the harder times and support that has made his work much easier. This award isn't just a reflection on his hard work either, it is everyone who has made a post in here and everyone who has offered to help.

Without the support of the community, not only would this award not have been possible, the game wouldn't have made it this far. So give yourselves a big pat on the back. Hopefully sometime before the next year's awards everyone will be able to play the game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread