My Suggestions for future patches / versions

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Online Cricket Games Owned
Feel free to add to the list guys, here are mine

- Add Day/Night games into the fixtures

- For Day/Night games, add appropriate starting times for that country - For example, D/N games begin at 10 AM in Pakistan, but in India they begin at 3:30 PM or 4 PM

- Add dew factor for bowlers - Add less dew because only the last 2 hours of a match in Pakistan are under lights, but for matches in India make the dew very obvious

- Add Rained out ODIs , I haven't ever seen a rained out ODI in a game, but they are a part of cricket.

- Add Duckworth-Lewis for rain-affected games.

- Add neutral venue matches - such as Pakistan v India at Glasgow, also add the ICC Champions Trophy and the Twenty20 World Cup

- Add a fixture editor where we ourself during the game can add neutral fixtures in ; say we're in 2008, and we wanna have a 3 match series with India in 3 games in Abu Dhabi.

- Change the player editor so that during a game through the save file we can edit players, so we don't have to start over a game

Everyone else feel free to add to the list

Last edited:

Glenn Stiemens

Club Cricketer
Some nice suggestions, going in order:

1) It might happen in the future but isn't a priority right now.
2) See above
3) Would tie in with the above should day nighters enter the world of Cricket Coach
4) These can happen in the current version when I last checked
5) On the list but again not a priority
6) Not a priority
7) See above
8) Not going to happen - someone else might write a save game editor but we won't be :)

People are more than welcome to suggest features for the future.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
But the query I have Glenn about the neutral venues is... Well, it turns into ICC, you just touring other countries and other countries coming to you.

And thats it - nothing different happens...

And surely you should add the ICC Champions Trophy and Twenty20 World Cup as they're going to be in the International Calendar every 2 and 4 years respectively

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
But the query I have Glenn about the neutral venues is... Well, it turns into ICC, you just touring other countries and other countries coming to you.

And thats it - nothing different happens...

And surely you should add the ICC Champions Trophy and Twenty20 World Cup as they're going to be in the International Calendar every 2 and 4 years respectively
I agree, and also the ability to edit fixtures would be good.

Day/Night and D/L aren't important.

lancashire666

International Coach
id like to see D/L in a game, i think its more likely to appear in a cricket coach game than an ICC game

jeffmorton07

School Cricketer
Champions trophy / twenty 20 wc

How can you say that these tournaments are not priority surely they have got to be part of a patch

Glenn Stiemens

Club Cricketer
They won't be appearing in a patch - we're focusing the issues people have found and won't be adding in any new features/competitions purely because they risk introducing new bugs.

Burnsy1

Club Cricketer
the D/L method is very important in the game i think as i once had a rain effected game and ended up needing 93 off of 4 overs. also reduced overs if rain effected in first innings before match start. i know these arent important but it would be nice.

scritty

School Cricketer
Control of country and county 2nd XI would be great. Really - and coaching effects would be nice(hire specific coaches, batting, spin,seam,fitness,fielding even "mind and temprement" coaches...the Aussies seem to have the lot, and understudies for them all as well. Not to mention physios - playing with injuries (the injury system in ICC is very shallow - 2/3 of players leaving the field for injuries in a FC class in real life - come back on before the end of the match - even if they are still injured sometimes)...Well that's all from me. But depth is still what needs improving AFAIC. Clarker

Recluse

School Cricketer
One of my main gripes with Cricket Coach is the amount of time it takes to simulate fixtures in between your own games. Something I think would remedy this problem is an option to reduce the amount of active leagues at any one time, so the game would have less fixtures to simulate (similar to the feature that was in the Champ Manager games).

rabeta

News Team Member
One of my main gripes with Cricket Coach is the amount of time it takes to simulate fixtures in between your own games. Something I think would remedy this problem is an option to reduce the amount of active leagues at any one time, so the game would have less fixtures to simulate (similar to the feature that was in the Champ Manager games).

Agreed, it takes quite a while. I don't have great specs though. If you go on holiday though, and do something else while it is simulating, it's not bad at all. When you get back you are nearly at the next game.

Glenn Stiemens

Club Cricketer
Should another Cricket Coach game be developed, I think the plan would be to allow people to choose which leagues are active in order to speed up gameplay.

Users who are viewing this thread