Problems with the patch

rabeta

News Team Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
I can hardly play the game at the moment, as even if I don't alt-tab, the game will minimize randomly and this has the same effect as alt-tabing.

Very frustrating, hopefully a solution can be found soon, otherwise I will have to go back to the old version.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Erm..My game crashes whenever i try to replace Clark of Hampshire when he goes on international duty.

I can release him from his contract and offer a contract to someone else which works, but say i went to Brett Lee's page, and offered a contract and tried to replace Clark, it crashes the next day :( Other than that, KP has played for me a few times, YAY. Great update :p

Hope you dont mind me putting my problems in your thread Rabzz ;)

Glenn Stiemens

Club Cricketer
Erm..My game crashes whenever i try to replace Clark of Hampshire when he goes on international duty.
Could you email me a copy of a save game with exact steps as to how this is occuring. If I can reproduce, I'll be able to work on a fix much easier.

rabeta - I can't think what would have caused this. It isn't something we can easily reproduce. Are you sure another program isn't stealing focus from the game (and maybe minimising it)? Does running in Windowed mode help?

rabeta

News Team Member
rabeta - I can't think what would have caused this. It isn't something we can easily reproduce. Are you sure another program isn't stealing focus from the game (and maybe minimising it)? Does running in Windowed mode help?

I can't find how to get into windowed mode but I don't think that would work. What basically happens is that all windows go black with a grey border. Should I try closing all windows and then alt-tabing?

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Glenn ill send you a saved game now via PM and instructions how it did it :)

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I can't find how to get into windowed mode but I don't think that would work. What basically happens is that all windows go black with a grey border. Should I try closing all windows and then alt-tabing?

Use Windowed mode, it's much easier. Go Start>All Programs>Cricket Coach> Cricket Coach (Windowed)

rabeta

News Team Member
The minimizing on Windows mode works fine, thanks Glenn. Only problem, and it's quite a big problem. I am running 1024x768 and due to this the continue button is not showing, any ideas?

Glenn Stiemens

Club Cricketer
Can you not drag the window up slightly - so that the windows bar saying Cricket Coach 2007 etc isn't visible, but the continue button is?

rabeta

News Team Member
Can you not drag the window up slightly - so that the windows bar saying Cricket Coach 2007 etc isn't visible, but the continue button is?

I can drag it up but it makes little difference as the screen does not extend to the bottom. As you can see here.

Any help Glenn?

Last edited:

Glenn Stiemens

Club Cricketer
All I can suggest is either increasing your resolution or perhaps minimising the taskbar.

Parmenion

School Cricketer
Same problem

Hi, I loaded Cricket Coach last weekend and upgraded with the new patch. I played a good international series of 3 tests, England vs Kenya, and that worked fine. Then I started my first career game, as Worcestershire, which went OK until I got to the team selection screen for the first game against Lancashire on 19th April, then I had the same problem as rabeta, where the game just minimised of its own accord, and when maximising it I just had the black screen. I couldn't do anything but ctrl-alt-del to get out. I felt as if it had rained for a month, caused the severn to flood and rendered the Worcestershire ground unplayable for the rest of the season (not that that could happen in real life in the middle of a season of course.....!!!!). :-)

I also have the same problem with the windowed mode, where the buttons at the bottom just do not show fully.

I hope both of these issues are repairable. Thanks.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
The windowed problem, i had it, just lower, or higher, unsure which :p the resolution of your PC ;) Should sort it, did for me.

rabeta

News Team Member
The windowed problem, i had it, just lower, or higher, unsure which :p the resolution of your PC ;) Should sort it, did for me.

What do you mean, increase the resolution?

Users who are viewing this thread