Zimbabwe set to regain Test status

Rangeela

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Zimbabwe is all set to get back Test status next month, without need for a fresh assessment, Ehsan Mani, the International Cricket Council president, told the Associated Press.

The Zimbabwean cricket team was given six months to raise its level to Test standard after disputes between players and cricketers meant that several key players were unable to represent Zimbabwe. A young and inexperienced team was then trounced twice in succession by Sri Lanka.

But, Mani revealed that the six-month deadline was not "set in stone" and that there was no need for a fresh assessment at any time. Zimbabwe are set to play Bangladesh away, and South Africa early next year, and these two series are scheduled to have full Test status.

"There is no ultimatum on Zimbabwe to reach a satisfactory standard. The six months period was just loose." Mani is quoted as saying by the Associated Press. When asked to clarify if this meant that Zimbabwe would once more be considered a Test team from the time they go to Bangladesh, without any assessment of their capabilities being made after then or after South Africa, Mani said: "That is the case."

Mani was making his fourth visit to Zimbabwe during England's tour of the country, and said, "I felt the need to see for myself the security and safety situation in the country and the possibility of public protests."

? Cricinfo Ltd

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
The ICC needs to get their toilets fixed because the mess they have made with Zimbabwe is still floating around. They gave no support whatsoever to the "rebels" and now they claim that Zim are ready for test cricket? Why don't we just give UAE, Namibia and Holland test status too? The recent whitewash by England's nearly second-string team should be an example that Zim aren't ready.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
I wish U.A.E. could get Test Status........I could play for them and wouldn't need to travel........

Users who are viewing this thread