Cricket Coach 2007 - first opinions and thoughts

Recluse

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Main issue I have with CC2007 at the moment, is the slightly unrealistic scores in limited overs matches. There's so many matches where the CPU is batting second, and ends up losing by maybe 20-30 runs with 7-8 wickets still left standing! This almost never happens in real life. Would love to see the AI improved in this department, would improve the game a lot for me :)

rabeta

News Team Member
I think I may have said this before. There are so many times that players are caught in unusual positions. I find that there are many catches at mid on/off and there should be more catches at slip and behind the stumps, it's just frustrating when you have an unusual mode of dismissal occurring so often.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I just bought the game (The first cricket game I have bought in years:))

Well, I only payed half price because my Dad thought the game only $20...Aussie Dollars. But in fact it's US dollars. So yeah, his credit card statement may read an extra amount:eek:

O well, anyways, Iam impressed with the graphics and the match engine, its such a fresh look from the ICC style menus etc. I also like how you can have faces and that (Like FM 07 and so on). The way the game is set out is more like a real coach, not like in ICC, its very meh.

A big plus is the Editor! Man, if they released this for ICC they would be laughin, but hey...Glenn is the King! Thanks, Glenn!

Oh, and the biggest pro about it is...the ability to play as basically any Domestic team you want! I have always wanted a management game were you can choose to be an Aussie state team...and here I get it!

So far, so good, plus there is the new patch out which looks to have added a whole new load of fixes and features! Which sounds amazing.

Good first opinions, I know its late. But I jumped on the ICC III bandwagon but have fallen off it and am now supporting the little guy!

lancashire666

International Coach
well done hooper, you have seen the light lol, ive player 2 seasons on icc 3 thats all, ive even deleated the shortcut off my desktop as i was so dissapointed by the game, they have gone quite a long way backwars since icc 06, where as cricket coach has so much more depth, i have 5 save games on it all in different countrys, aus domestic is so much fun, and i love managing in the Windies

Glenn Stiemens

Club Cricketer
I just bought the game (The first cricket game I have bought in years:))
Did you purchase the game through E-Licence? If so you might not have the patched version (the version number on the game setup screen should read 2.02). To get hold of the patched E-Licence version, email/PM me your purchase details and I'll give you a download link for the patch.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
well done hooper, you have seen the light lol, ive player 2 seasons on icc 3 thats all, ive even deleated the shortcut off my desktop as i was so dissapointed by the game, they have gone quite a long way backwars since icc 06, where as cricket coach has so much more depth, i have 5 save games on it all in different countrys, aus domestic is so much fun, and i love managing in the Windies
Yeah, I can't wait to get fully stuck into it.

Yeah, seeing the support for this game made me buy it. And I really like how Glenn is always here to lend a helping hand!

Did you purchase the game through E-Licence? If so you might not have the patched version (the version number on the game setup screen should read 2.02). To get hold of the patched E-Licence version, email/PM me your purchase details and I'll give you a download link for the patch.

Well, Glenn, it says V2.0 when I try and run the .exe I downloaded from www.cricketweb.com. I downloaded the demo and then bought the game through the setup. I used a MasterCard.

Will I need the Patch?

Glenn Stiemens

Club Cricketer
Yeah, it sounds like you don't have the patch. If you can PM me the email address you used to purchase the game I'll send you the email sent out about the patch.

Glenn Stiemens

Club Cricketer
I've sent you the email that went out earlier today to people who purchased through E-Licence.

white rose

School Cricketer
Hooper how did you buy the game through E-License when it is not possible to download the game digitally at the moment?

Hooper

ICC Board Member
I went to www.cricketweb.com and I downloaded the demo.

Then I followed the on screen prompts and I purchased the game using my Dad's credit card. It was all successful and I got a receipt from E-License (Through Email as well). It said I had purchased the game and it was successful ~ and Iam playing the game now! With the V2 patch! So it is possible.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
No worries mate, have you got it? If you don't, my advice would be to get it mate. Its a beauty!

Well, Im in my first match and I must say...Wow!

The match engine is 10 times more better and detailed than ICC.

You can actually set bowling plans, decide whether to attack/defend, bowl in swing/outswing. Its fantastic!

Damn! I was chasing 254 ~ had an absolute nail biter! I had Warne and Ervine batting it out in the last over (For WA, not Hampshire) and we needed 13, tough ask, but they got to 10 and we just fell short. But what a great first match! Look

Last edited:

NJC71

School Cricketer
Have just played this game for the first time. It seems a decent game with more depth than ICC3. Unfortunately, it is totally ruined by the number of overs that are bowled in a day. In the first day of my first county championship match, 136 overs were bowled. That is way too many and will result in too many runs and results happening too quickly. This hasn't been resolved in the patch, which is a real shame.

Would aslo be good to be allowed to coach an inernational team from the start of the game.

Sorry, but won't be playing this any further because of the above. The wait for a realistic cricket management game goes on....

Glenn Stiemens

Club Cricketer
Would aslo be good to be allowed to coach an inernational team from the start of the game.
You can play as an international side from the start of the game. Just select the international option from the league/country drop-down when you create your managerial profile.

Users who are viewing this thread