[Help]: Troubleshooting PC's Memory Related Problem

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi,

From the past few weeks, i've been experiencing a strange sort of problem, wherasm when i turn on my PC, the system beeps 3 times and the moniter stays blank. I had no idea was caused it and how to fix it. Somehow i used to get it working by nudging my PC or waiting for couple of hours before trying again.

Just a few mins back, i thought of looking it up in my Motherboard's manual. And there is was, 3 beeps ment that there wa something wrong with the memory,i.e, RAM.

The manual said that it is cause due to unsupportive RAM. But since i used to get my PC working, it kindda surprised me. None the less, i followed the link given in the manual : http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/dg965ry/sb/CS-026602.htm which landed me to the page which describes the RAM supported by my motherboard(DG965RY).

Now i'm totally confused hwo to go about it. I dont know how to check if my RAM is reallt faulty. How do i check the exact configs of my RAM so that i can somehow tally it with intel's list.

I really need help on this one guys.

Thanks.

omkarjere

International Cricketer
Hi,

From the past few weeks, i've been experiencing a strange sort of problem, wherasm when i turn on my PC, the system beeps 3 times and the moniter stays blank. I had no idea was caused it and how to fix it. Somehow i used to get it working by nudging my PC or waiting for couple of hours before trying again.

Just a few mins back, i thought of looking it up in my Motherboard's manual. And there is was, 3 beeps ment that there wa something wrong with the memory,i.e, RAM.

The manual said that it is cause due to unsupportive RAM. But since i used to get my PC working, it kindda surprised me. None the less, i followed the link given in the manual : http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/dg965ry/sb/CS-026602.htm which landed me to the page which describes the RAM supported by my motherboard(DG965RY).

Now i'm totally confused hwo to go about it. I dont know how to check if my RAM is reallt faulty. How do i check the exact configs of my RAM so that i can somehow tally it with intel's list.

I really need help on this one guys.

Thanks.
Its a hardware problem as far as I can think open your PC cabinet then take out your RAM clean it with a soft cloth or paper and fix it to your motherboard it should solve your problem. this did solve my friends problem.

viral1991

International Cricketer
Its a hardware problem as far as I can think open your PC cabinet then take out your RAM clean it with a soft cloth or paper and fix it to your motherboard it should solve your problem. this did solve my friends problem.

Yes, thats the exact way how that problem should be solved! It had happened to my PC too, a few days ago!

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
You landed up with the wrong motherboard.... lol

Anyways, first thing would be to take out the RAm and replace it.

Secondly, if that doesnt solve it, download memtest ( memtest86.com )

Burn the image to a cd and boot through the cd. memtest will completely test your ram and will tell you if its faulty. it doesnt require an OS

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Yeah, check it with memtest. You could also let the BIOS check the RAM by disabling Quick Boot or a similar option in the BIOS settings. But Memtest is more reliable.

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
Thnx guys, as i dont have a CD Writer, i think that option is out for now.

Thankfully, the problem has occured for 2-3 days now. If it occurs again, i'll take out my RAM, clean it with a soft cloth and put it back on.

Thanks a lot guys.

Users who are viewing this thread