10th Match, Group D: Victoria v Wayamba at Delhi

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Watch out for:

Cameron White: The allrounder played a significant part in Australia's summit clash at the Champions Trophy, following his maiden ODI century during the tour of England. The Victoria captain is also being considered for the national Twenty20 captaincy. With the Delhi pitch expected to turn as usual, expect some overs from him.

Electric fielding from Wayamba: One of the few positives from the Delhi defeat was the commitment in the field from the Sri Lankans. The fielders fiercely patrolled the off side field in the first few overs of the Delhi innings to keep them in check and even as the innings progressed, a couple threw themselves on the boundary to check the onslaught. Expect the Sri Lankans to give it their best with so much at stake.

Clint McKay and Andrew McDonald: The Victorian seam-bowling duo rattled Delhi by sharing five wickets between them and also choked the scoring. Both conceded only 17 runs each off their four overs.

Victoria favourites in final group clash | Cricket News | Champions League Twenty20 2009 | Cricinfo.com

Lineup news
In a flip flop, Damien Wright is now back in the Victorian squad replacing James Pattinson who ironically was Wright's initial replacement. However it is unlikely that Victoria will change their lineup that restricted the highly rated Delhi lineup to under 100.

Victoria: Quiney, Hodge, White*, Hussey, Blizzard, McDonald, Wade+, McKay, Harwood, Holland, Siddle

Although Wayamba lost their opening match, its unlikely they will make any changes. Instead they will be hoping their big name players come to the party rather than leaving it to Jayawardene.

Wayamba: Kulatunga, Udawatte, Vandort, Jayawardene, Mubarak, Lokuarachchi, Maharoof, de Zoysa, Udana, Mendis, Welegedara

manjeetsingh29

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Victoria bushranger want to seal super eight stage today

Confident Victoria Bushrangers will look to assuring their place among the Super Eight teams when they take on Wayamba Eleven in the Champions League T20 cricket at the Ferozeshah Kotla stadium.
While Bushrangers are on a high after beating local favourites Delhi Daredevils in their opening match, Wayamba were handed a crushing defeat by the same side last night. Led by all-rounder Cameron White, Victoria put up a thoroughly clinical performance in their opening match. Victoria has a solid batting line-up starting with Australia international Brad Hodge, who would look to strike form after coming a cropper against Daredevils.

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Now, this will sound so stupid, after all my Twenty20 bashing, but damn I'm excited about tonight! An Australian team is playing, and I really want to see Holland, and White and Hussey carving them up. I think I'm going crazy, but I can't believe I'm taking a slight liking to Twenty20. Watched the first innings last night. Scoop shots and the like frustrate the hell out of me, and reverse sweeps etc, but seeing them play proper cricket shots, and fours and sixes past the bowler etc, are good.

srikarr12

Club Cricketer
Does this Wayamba team know that this is a t2020 game and not a freaking test match.................Wayamba 9/1 (3.2/20 ov) WTF!!!!!!!

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
this isn't stupid by wayamba, this might turn out to be a sensibly constructed innings. if you ask me victoria have panicked a bit and over-bowled siddle, but they will have to get a move on.

remember from the other games here 120 is defendable.

of course victoria will crack this off in about 8 overs, but until then I do sound like I know what I'm talking about.

mind you, does anyone know why sanga thought wayamba would build their batting around vandort. this is highest score in t20. 35 not out. that's completely crap and it only took him 40 balls to do it in.

nikhil_99

International Coach
18th over was good one for Victoria,but now they are 99/4 in 19 overs,and need exactly 20runs in last over...

nikhil_99 added 3 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

Wayamba has bowled really well,they restricted Victoria under 105

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Welegedara has a bit about him.
Isn't too bad, is he? Gets a bit of shape at the start, but had no trouble bowl full at the end. Seems to have enough pace and is not at all bad at the other areas of his game. I know he has been included in squads for Sri Lanka a couple of times, but has only been given a single game so far.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
bit of a face saver really. I was behind wayamba here and wanted them to do well, the group was too tough though and their batters let them down in both games really. I feel had victoria needed to win they probably could have chased this target down though.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
How on earth did Victoria not chase that down. They still had 6 wickets in hand as well, in particular a set Hodge.

Users who are viewing this thread