13th Match, Group E: England v Pakistan at Bridgetown

inzii

School Cricketer
I have no real faith in Pakistan team for this tournament. By banning all of the best players it shows the PCB is made up of a bunch of illiterate people who don't really know how to manage/coordinate and who are just there to get there salaries, they're taking advantage of there being no real checks on them.

As much as i regret to say this..Afridi is a dumb captain. Our bowling is not clicking and we have failed-at-international-level cricketers such as Sami and Hafeez playing in the XI.

Keeping the current bleak situation of Pakistan team in mind, there's no way Pak would win tomorrow's match until and unless Umar Akmal (pure talent) with bat or Ajmal/Asif bowl extremely well.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I think Pakistan will win tomorrow. Its T20 and I believe they can beat England.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I know England wont do it. But i'd say drop Yardy & bring in Bopara to bat open with Lumb & drop Kieswetter down @ 3.

While Anderson DEFINATELY has to come in for Sidebottom.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
If England make 145-155+ on a similar pitch to what we saw today, it's England's game.

Pakistan will have to limit England to under 115 or 120 to win the game.

P

pcfan123

If England have any chance of winning the cup then we should be able to run through Pakistan clinically tomorrow. If our bowling attack does not limit their awful batting lineup to a well below par score, then there is no hope.

Batting wise we should be able to see off the initial Aamer overs by relieving pressure at the other end thanks to Sami, no one else looks that good. Afridi is out of form and everyone else is nothing to write home about.

War

Chairman of Selectors
I wonder if Asif is injured?. Since surely he has to play 2moro.

hassan555

School Cricketer
I have no real faith in Pakistan team for this tournament. By banning all of the best players it shows the PCB is made up of a bunch of illiterate people who don't really know how to manage/coordinate and who are just there to get there salaries, they're taking advantage of there being no real checks on them.

As much as i regret to say this..Afridi is a dumb captain. Our bowling is not clicking and we have failed-at-international-level cricketers such as Sami and Hafeez playing in the XI.

Keeping the current bleak situation of Pakistan team in mind, there's no way Pak would win tomorrow's match until and unless Umar Akmal (pure talent) with bat or Ajmal/Asif bowl extremely well.

well i think Pakistan only miss Shoib Malik and Umer Gull...... yousuf is not t20 Player.... younus already left t20 last year.... rana naveed is not very important player and sami is a good replacment of him...

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Asif isn't injured, he was left out of the first 2 matches. But should get a look in after Sami's last performance.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Asif isn't injured, he was left out of the first 2 matches. But should get a look in after Sami's last performance.

Unfortunately this is not the first and definitely not the last, crap performance of Sami. They still keep playing him for reasons other than talent:facepalm. Pakistan deserve to lose every match if they keep on playing sami and Hafeez :mad:.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Whats with these 9 am starts for a T20 game? Absolutely kills any chance of getting a big crowd and an atmosphere worthy of a world tourney.

P

pcfan123

Its the make the game come on at TV friendly time in the bigger markets

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
I hate to say this but the 9 AM starts has got me to watch the games. At 9 AM its 4 30 in the afternoon here, and I can see the game comfortably. In India its the same time as the IPL so thats what matters I guess. Although the lack of crowd involvement is worrying factor. Crowds havent been warming but hey you dont get people to ditch work and watch games everyday.

On the game, I am a pessimistic Pakistani, having seen are hopes buried whenever we get them high enough. The conditions favour the faster bowlers, so even though are pair of bowling of Aamir/Asif/Razzaq looks better than Englands, I think its the batting where we will lose it. England have got Batsmen who have got experience in coping up with these conditions and ours dont. Misbah, Afridi wont look comfortable with the short balls, if England employ that strategy. All in all, we have to bowl epically to restore a balance with our miserable batting

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I hate to say this but the 9 AM starts has got me to watch the games. At 9 AM its 4 30 in the afternoon here, and I can see the game comfortably. In India its the same time as the IPL so thats what matters I guess. Although the lack of crowd involvement is worrying factor. Crowds havent been warming but hey you dont get people to ditch work and watch games everyday.

On the game, I am a pessimistic Pakistani, having seen are hopes buried whenever we get them high enough. The conditions favour the faster bowlers, so even though are pair of bowling of Aamir/Asif/Razzaq looks better than Englands, I think its the batting where we will lose it. England have got Batsmen who have got experience in coping up with these conditions and ours dont. Misbah, Afridi wont look comfortable with the short balls, if England employ that strategy. All in all, we have to bowl epically to restore a balance with our miserable batting

You forgot to add the greatest Pakistani quickie since Waqar, the great Muhammad Sami :sarcasm

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Yeah I am hoping we drop him, but the nature of the pitch will make Afridi and Younis somehow force him in the lineup.

Users who are viewing this thread