14th Match, Group E: New Zealand v South Africa at Bridgetown

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Brendons gotta fire in the next game if we're a chance for the semis, 2 fail so far for him.

Taylors dismissal was the key for SA, he was just looking to dominate and when he dominates we win, but a soft dismissal at the wrong time was the turning point. Nathan McCullum again batted well, too little too late, and he should always bat above Vetori in T20.

irottev

School Cricketer
I dunno why McCullum gets all the hate when it's not solely his fault. People just hate him for some reason. Ross Taylor is playing way worse. He's playing utterly useless this tournament. Guptill also is a weak link at 3. It's about time those 2 stepped up.

At least one positive is that we have 2 much easier games left. Pakistan and England who we should both beat. Beating SA woulda been nice to 1: try knock them out now and 2: give ourselves breathing space. Now both games are probably must wins. If England beat SA and Pakistan lose both there may end up being 3 sides on 2 wins and it'll come down to NRR

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Pakistan and England who we should both beat.
Touch Wood! :p

And yes, Taylor needs to step up convert these stars into large scores. He, Styris, Baz and Gup all need to find some consistency in T20 and in particular this tournament. No good having an outstanding team on paper

irottev

School Cricketer
Thats why he said this years T20 World Cup.

No, he said he's the worst T20 player in it - there's other players worse obviously. It's either trolling or pure ignorance.

Oh and don't try correct me you illiterate moron. Learn to read.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Read It Well Chris I have clearly stated this years WC

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Never ever rule McCullum out, no matter what his form is like. He has the most international T20 runs and has the 2nd best average out of the ten top scorers. I reckon he'll score big in one of the next two games.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
To all McCullum haters, he is so highly rated in T20s for a reason. He is damn good at them. In 86 T20 innings he has scored 2410 runs at an average of 33. That is just amazing after 86 innings. He has maintained a strike rate of 140 and has flinging 3 centuries to his name.

If the reason is because you think he might be a good player in T20s, but completely useless in ODIs and Tests, you are wrong yet again. In the last year, McCullum has become a much more accomplished batsman. He has become more consistent and dependable player in a batting line up that has very few batsmen with those much sought after qualities.

In test matches, in the last 12 months, he has scored 640 runs averaging 46 with 2 centuries and 3 fifties in 15 innings.

In ODIs, in the last 12 months, he has scored 582 runs averaging 32.

Both of them are better than this career average.

Last edited:

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
No, he said he's the worst T20 player in it - there's other players worse obviously. It's either trolling or pure ignorance.

Or the truth that he is the worst T20 player in this World Cup. No need to bring in achievements from 3 months ago.

Oh and don't try correct me you illiterate moron. Learn to read.

Should have figured out that 12 year old kids like you cant read or comprehend.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Brendon mccullum is the best t20 player, but he has Played the worst in the t20 cup so far according to Rahul. Does this clear things up? Rahuls statement was extremely ambiguous.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Brendon mccullum is the best t20 player, but he has Played the worst in the t20 cup so far according to Rahul. Does this clear things up? Rahuls statement was extremely ambiguous.

The point was this world cup, it would be like someone saying Chanderpaul sucked in tests in Australia and me bringing in the stats when Australia were in the Caribbean. No point in doing it.
I just pointed it out it was his small man syndrome that kicked in and took over his brain.

P

pcfan123

I'll say it again, the fact that a hack like McCullum could even be considered one of the "best" players proves what bullshit format Twenty20 is.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
If the reason is because you think he might be a good player in T20s, but completely useless in ODIs and Tests, you are wrong yet again. In the last year, McCullum has become a much more accomplished batsman. He has become more consistent and dependable player in a batting line up that has very few batsmen with those much sought after qualities.

In test matches, in the last 12 months, he has scored 640 runs averaging 46 with 2 centuries and 3 fifties in 15 innings.
A FRIKKEN MEN!
People think he is an irresponsible test batsmen and no god at tests.
When in actual fact he is very very responsible nowadays and is NZ's third best test batsman.

I do get annoyed when people call him a poor T20 batsman or a fluke, but it's only T20 so it really doesn't matter, as a lot of it is luck. It does annoy me much more when people say he's an irresponsible test batsman, as he is one of the few NZ batsman that you can rely on for a patient well built innings.

Rant over :)

-D-S-B- added 2 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

I'll say it again, the fact that a quality test batsman like McCullum could even be considered one of the "best" players proves what bullshit format Twenty20 is.
Fixed. You had a few spelling errors
Jokes :laugh

Users who are viewing this thread