15th Match, Group F: Australia v India at Bridgetown

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
There should be a bonus point rule in the Super Eights, it could go down the wire

puneet28

Club Captain
our NRR is -2.450. So I see less chances of getting into semis unless we win one match atleast with big margin

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
MS Dhoni

"It started with a couple of overs that went for 40-odd runs. Watson and Warner batted very well and took the game away from us. We did well in the end to restrict them to 180. Most of the teams bowl short to us. Maybe we can leave the deliveries initially. It's important to win the two remaining games, and the run-rate will take care of itself."

In the IPL final, Raina played the same 'throw the sink at it' kind of shot. He got lucky when Zaheer Khan dropped a catch and also Abhishek Nayar and another fielder misjudged another catch. But here, the Aussies are excellent fielders and caught hold of it. Initially, Rohit Sharma too went for wild slogs. Thankfully, he stood in there and prospered later. WI should be a little easier but I wont be surprised if we repeat our today's performance against them too.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Stupid from Sharma. Should've kept the strike and batted out the 20 overs to get that NRR up.

I cant believe there are people in here blaming things on Rohit and saying ████ like "He should have protected the tail" and other bull ████.
Where the fearsome tweak would have India been without his innings, 70 all out? fearsome tweak man sometimes some of these Indian fans make me wonder if Im going crazy or them.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
our NRR is -2.450. So I see less chances of getting into semis unless we win one match atleast with big margin

That NRR is based on just one match. Our NRR from the group stages are wiped out and we are starting afresh. When you lose by such a margin in the only game you played, your NRR will look that bad. It could have been a lot worse, but Rohit Sharma pulled back something for us.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Nannes is in deadly form with the new ball in this tournament and Watson too is totally getting back his T20 mojo after changing his game for tests :banana2

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
Yeah, Rohit should've batted it out, so that the NRR would've been better. But, still, dismal performance - even Rohit looked horrid in the beginning. They just need to play out the faster bowlers on a pitch like this where the boundaries are smaller. Credit to Rohit though for taking us somewhere respectable.

They also need to pick Ojha/Mishra and not Chawla. Horrid bowling from Jadeja, 6 deliveries for 36, and the other 6 for just 2. Umesh Yadav to play the next game.

And, this is why there needs to be something done on the domestic scene so that pitches are actually more challenging. A lot of domestic standouts are flat track bullies. Some teams play on challenging surfaces, but the majority play on flat tracks.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I cant believe there are people in here blaming things on Rohit and saying ████ like "He should have protected the tail" and other bull ████.
Where the fling would have India been without his innings, 70 all out? fling man sometimes some of these Indian fans make me wonder if Im going crazy or them.

Oh come on, we are not blaming Rohit Sharma for India's pathetic display today. We are just saying that in the end, Rohit could have done things a little different in further improve our net run rate. We are not taking away anything from his super performance today.

And FYI, the guy you were replying to is not an Indian fan. He supports Pakistan and he is from England.

Monzi

Panel of Selectors
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
India lost.:crying...Trash away the thoughts of this match and aim for the next match.:)

Brook

Club Captain
Oh please, Rohit didn't owe the team anything from there, he was the only player who bothered to get any runs.

Auwais

International Coach
Where the fling would have India been without his innings, 70 all out? fling man sometimes some of these Indian fans make me wonder if Im going crazy or them.
That's what makes it sillier. All his hard work up to that point and he couldn't do the basics right when it might have made a difference.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Oh come on, we are not blaming Rohit Sharma for India's pathetic display today. We are just saying that in the end, Rohit could have done things a little different in further improve our net run rate. We are not taking away anything from his super performance today.

And FYI, the guy you were replying to is not an Indian fan. He supports Pakistan and he is from England.

Yea I know that he is not from India but there were a few Indians that said the same thing before him. Including you.

Indian fans always got to find one thing to pick on in somebody performance. Rohit did all he could to get India close to the NRR. Maybe the fact that nobody in the Indian team could face more then 11 balls is the fact that should be pointed out and attacked. What Rohit needed was one of the tailenders to learn how to hold a flinging bat and stay with him until the end instead of Harbhajan and Zaheer thinking that they are Warner and Watson. Maybe they should have taken on a bit more responsibility and helped Rohit.
After all they are senior members on the team with 10 years of international experience and Rohit is just a young dude with a few years of international cricket.

King Cricket

International Coach
Again our batsmen fail in a challenging track responsive to quality fast bowling. I can't believe it's the same team which thrashed SA a few days back! Well done to Rohit Sharma though. Though I'm not a fan of his batting or anything I'd like to give credit where it is due, and let's face the fact, Sharma, regardless of what he might have done or could have done at the end and stuff, saved us from the hands of an absolute humiliation today. A lone player can't do much if he doesn't get enough support from the other end.
And though our NRR is pretty down, instead of worrying about it, we need to focus on our next matches and ensure that do not repeat of performance of last year against West Indies. NRR will not matter to us if we win both the upcoming matches.

Last edited:

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Yea I know that he is not from India but there were a few Indians that said the same thing before him. Including you.

Indian fans always got to find one thing to pick on in somebody performance. Rohit did all he could to get India close to the NRR. Maybe the fact that nobody in the Indian team could face more then 11 balls is the fact that should be pointed out and attacked. What Rohit needed was one of the tailenders to learn how to hold a flinging bat and stay with him until the end instead of Harbhajan and Zaheer thinking that they are Warner and Watson. Maybe they should have taken on a bit more responsibility and helped Rohit.
After all they are senior members on the team with 10 years of international experience and Rohit is just a young dude with a few years of international cricket.

Exactly. If we had a vote on the no. of Indians that didnt want Sharma in the squad we would have had a unanimous decision. Its strange that most non-Indian fans back him more than the Indians. This guy is very talented, and though does lack maturity at times, could be the next big Indian batsmen. And the only way you can improve him as a player is to give him more time with the current Indian set-up

Users who are viewing this thread