16 Team County League with added streaming

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
County League Championship
Essex v Glamorgan
Day 1; Session 2

Post lunch then and the big question was whether Glamorgan could get some discipline back into their wayward bowling and utilise a tricky pitch to pull themselves back in the game. With two fresh batsmen at the crease they wouldn't have a better opportunity to right the wrongs of the morning session...

Cricket 19 Screenshot 2019.10.01 - 21.33.33.82.png

Oh. Dear. If the morning had been unimpressive than the afternoon session was an absolute disaster. Nearly a hundred runs gifted in extras, bad bowling (either too short or too wide) and no wickets. This was a nightmare for the Welshmen. Westley struggled early on as well taking nearly twenty balls to get off the mark but Glamorgan couldn't put any pressure on and duly Westley, along with Lawrence, grew into the session. The Glamorgan seamers toiled but couldn't get a breakthrough despite both batsmen playing and missing a fair bit. As it was the two reached their 50s before tea and look good to add (Lawrence looking the more assured) and... as for Extras? They'll be eyeing their double after tea...

Cricket 19 Screenshot 2019.10.01 - 21.33.37.50.png

The bowling figures make poor reading with the three main seamers taking tap. Craig Meschede had an absolute Weston Super and the spinner has been underbowled. Even De Lange suffered and you get the feeling it's a matter of how many Essex can rack up now. The partnership is worth 196 btw and both batsmen have only just scored their 50s...

Cricket 19 Screenshot 2019.10.01 - 21.33.40.64.png

For Essex the rest of the day is clear. Bat and bat. Lawro and Westley will be looking for 100s while Extras will be looking for 250+ I reckon. The Glamorgan bowlers will be looking to avoid eye-contact with their teammates...

D

Dutch

That bouncer over the WK is a real gamebreaker but will hopefully be remedied soon.

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Essex v Glamorgan
Day 1; Session 3
Was this the session where records would be broken? Maybe it would be. Glamorgan needed to stop banging their heads against the lockers during breaks and bowl smart while Essex just needed runs... Guess what?

Cricket 19 Screenshot 2019.10.02 - 20.03.22.01.png

Yep, you got it. By it I mean if you guesses that extras would get past the 250 mark. I can't even believe it... except I kind of can. This session got silly as all threat or worry was out of the window and I just kinda threw the bat at anything. As such the runs came but so did the wickets.

It started with Westley trying to bunt a ball back down the ground from De Lange. I knew it was the wrong length for it but did it anyway and he went for a well compiled 60 seven overs before the new ball. I wondered how the AI would deal with their breakthrough. If you guessed bowling their spinner for 4 overs between overs 76 and 84 and taking the new ball with the spinner then you guessed correctly. We may mock, but it tweaking worked with both Bops and Tendo falling to him. Bopara reverse-swept too fine to Douthwaite at Gully while Billy Root pulled of a barely believable grab at slip with the ball absolutely creamed into his hands. IRL I think his hands would be shattered. To be fair, however, IRL Glamorgan wouldn't have kept banging the ball in short with the keeper standing up and concede 250+ extras in just 94 overs so you take the rough with the smooth. Adam Wheater had a nice cameo before perishing to Hogan the exact same way Browne went to De Lange which then made my goal clear: try and get Lawrence to his 100. He didn't make it; edging a late cut to a fullish ball behind. The last wicket to fall was Harmer's whose massive drive at a full ball left a gap between bat and pad Johnny Bairstow would be proud of and as such Meschede could not miss. We end the day 517-8.

Cricket 19 Screenshot 2019.10.02 - 20.03.24.24.png

Bowling figures make grim reading except for the spinner. Maybe should have bowled him a bit more eh?

Cricket 19 Screenshot 2019.10.02 - 20.03.25.80.png

With all the batting points secure and over 500 runs in the bank I see no reason to bat on so we will declare in the morning. Hopefully Ports and co will have been watching the way Glamorgan bowled and do the exact opposite. From here it looks grim for Glammy though and they are gonna have to bat very well to get something outta this game as I plan to be a lot less generous than they were.

D

Dutch

Bit of a shame that the AI bowled so many bouncer byes. But it sounds like you were having fun anyway! Watched for a good 15 minutes or so. I'm a bit hardcore so I have everything off...all hud elements, no commentary, no notifications.

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Bit of a shame that the AI bowled so many bouncer byes. But it sounds like you were having fun anyway! Watched for a good 15 minutes or so. I'm a bit hardcore so I have everything off...all hud elements, no commentary, no notifications.

Which is fair. I am nowhere near that good. I think on a pitch where I'm not gifted 250 runs I will have close matches. For this one I think Glamorgan are boned.

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Essex v Glamorgan
Day 2; Session 1

So after Day 1 Essex were sitting pretty having scored 518 in a day with the help of 252 extras. Surely all that was needed now was some sensible bowling and Glamorgan would be completely demoralised by lunchtime...

Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.05 - 20.31.31.91.png

Err, yeah... it didn't really work out like that. Glamorgan came out slugging and didn't stop and quite frankly the pitch is playing very well indeed. Shots stay hit and Ingram set the tone early as he raced into the 40s. At the other end Hemphrey was a lot edgier but fortune favoured him and, despite looking the more likely to get out, it was Colin who perished. Jamie Porter's consistent questions finally drawing an edge that Wheater pouched with ease. That was as good as it got for Essex though as Hemphrey started to look a lot more comfortable and Marnus picked up from where he left off in the Summer. All this meant that Glamorgan finished the session on 160-1. For comparison I was 138-2 at lunch yesterday and I had been gifted 50+ extras. Glamorgan are just hitting me about and a change of tactics is needed.

Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.05 - 20.31.34.99.png

Bowling figures are a bit grim unless you're Porter or Harmer. The plan will be to keep Harmer bowling at one end and rotate the quicks and hope the senior ones bowl a bit better in the afternoon. A classic Essex plan.

Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.05 - 20.31.36.77.png

Step 1 complete for Glamorgan then. They've nearly wiped out a third of the runs needed already and they are only one wicket down. We might just have a game on here after all...

jlm9

School Cricketer
Couple of questions.

1. Which 2 counties did you drop from the league.

2. How did you set up the point system. I can't get the bonus points system to work properly with anything i've tried.

santana1026

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Awesome stuff mate ...I want to do one of these so bad..

Users who are viewing this thread