17th Match, Group E: New Zealand v Pakistan at Bridgetown

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Discussion for the crucial Group E match between the two losers from the first round of matches in Group E. The loser can kiss good bye to their T20 campaign.

P

pcfan123

I don't know why but I am foreseeing a Pakistan win here. There is a history to Pakistan removing NZ from later stages of tournaments, usually its not until the semi-final.

Chewie

BCCI President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We won in the Champion's Trophy remember :)

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Ryder vs. Aamer should be exciting, I think this might be a close game.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
It's all up to our top 4. A sensible man would think that the Pakistani bowlers will dominate our batsman, but if atleast 2 of our top 4 get going, we should be able to win. Expecting a game with some big sixes, even bigger batting collapses and a close finish.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
pray for a kiwi win :upray hope our top-order fires (brendon mccullum/styris/guptill/taylor).

Chewie

BCCI President
I know the speedguns have been acting up but was Southee actually bowling 120-125? I thought it was just a mistake, but now Cricinfo is posting in their article that he was...

-D-S-B-

International Coach
^ Really? Thats strange. Hardly any faster than me :laugh. And that's slower speeds than the opening bowlers for my schools first XI. Maybe he's carrying an injury, because I really expect 135ks average from Tim.

Chewie

BCCI President
^ Really? Thats strange. Hardly any faster than me :laugh. And that's slower speeds than the opening bowlers for my schools first XI. Maybe he's carrying an injury, because I really expect 135ks average from Tim.

Southee was the opening bowler for my schools first XI :P

But yea, he normally bowls around 135, hitting 140s occasionally...

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Southee was the opening bowler for my schools first XI :P
Well my bro got 100 against Southee and Kane Williamsons team so... My familys better than yours! :laugh

I'll be monitoring his speeds in tonights match :yes

irottev

School Cricketer
Th speed guns have been wrong. They've been clocking tait, johnson, nannes etc at 60mph etc. They're not working properly.

This is as close to knockout as it gets. We've had it over Pakistan recently however they tend to knock us out of tournaments :/ Time to change that I hope.

D

Dutch

The Kiwi's need to hope that the "right" McCullum turns up. They are so reliant on him "sparking" the others into action. They have the better batting quality but bowling I am not so sure. It is going to be tight, very tight but I think the Kiwi's have the experience to win it, plus they are ten times better in the field than Pakistan, but then again, who isn't?

Users who are viewing this thread