17th Match, Group E: New Zealand v Pakistan at Bridgetown

P

pcfan123

Wasn't Afridi the player who stepped on the pitch and tried to scuff it up when England played Pakistan in 2005? There was an explosion in the crowd and in the ensuing chaos he walked over and trampled all over the footmarks...says enough about the integrity of the man.

Afridi incidents that I know of personally:

a) tampering the pitch in England

b) hitting a spectator with a bat

c) putting balls in his mouth

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Afridi incidents that I know of personally:

a) tampering the pitch in England

b) hitting a spectator with a bat

c) putting cricket balls in his mouth

Edited. The original sentence sounded very funny.:laugh:D

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Butt seems to be the only player that has looked good for Pakistan. Their batting is so unstable these days that you can expect them to collapse.

P

pcfan123

So you sacrifice ethics for winning? Id rather lose with honest players

hMarka added 0 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Edited. The original sentence sounded very funny.:laugh:D

It was supposed to :p You can't just put dirty balls in your mouth on TV and not expect a few jokes.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
On Afridi, I think anyone that takes a ridiculous nickname like Boom Boom too seriously has some personal issues tbh.

irottev

School Cricketer
Important win for us. What a close game. We didn't play very well tbh. We need to up it now. It's the business end. We're in knockout. We have to win against England or we're out pretty much.

Butler was a weird inclusion and Mills also but it paid off. The batsmen need to put bigger numbers up. The bowling has depth and is doing great. It's kept us in the tournament.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Butler was a weird inclusion and Mills also but it paid off.
It sure did pay off, But for some reason I can't see them playing that well against England. Mills maybe but Butler probably not. He done well but he offered up too many length balls at the death, something that good batsmen will punish him for. I'm sure Vettori has said in the past that he is also picked for his big hitting at the end of an innings, but thats been non-existent for the Blackcaps.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
His big hitting wouldn't really come into play batting at 10 :facepalm

He did well in this game, but overall he hasn't stood out for NZ over the past year, Southee's done much better than he has.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
His big hitting wouldn't really come into play batting at 10
Just like N. McCullums shouldn't, but with NZ it does.
Anyway, I was just saying what Vettori said a few months ago

He did well in this game, but overall he hasn't stood out for NZ over the past year, Southee's done much better than he has.
Agree, I hope Southee is picked over him in the future. But after Butlers performance I'd be surprised if he isn't picked agian.

P

pcfan123

And get bats with boom boom written on it

ahaha thats the best part. All the Afridi fans and Afridi himself think its cool and not the lamest nickname EVER.

He does really well in domestic Twenty20, he should just retire and play for SA and let Pakistan start rebuilding for the future.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Oh dear saw the final 2 balls, major choke. Rehman should have played it along the ground, worst case they get a run and take it into the super over.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Salman Butt: International Debut Sept. 3rd, 2003...

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Well you have to take all the runs, if he didn't take that single then they would have needed 3 off 1 ball so basically a boundary to win.

Users who are viewing this thread