18th Match, Group E: England v South Africa at Bridgetown

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The winners from Group E go head to head in what could be the decider for the top placed finisher and an all but guaranteed spot in the Semis.

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
South Africa are guaranteed a semi-final place if they win, if England win then they still need to beat New Zealand on Tuesday if the Proteas beat Pakistan on Tuesday.

Big game, I hope we chase.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Jimmy better play; he won't. I'm sure Sidebottom'll retain his place despite doing nothing, but Jimmy really should play. Sidebottom has been awful, as has Bresnan. If St Lucia turns then I'd definitely bring Tredwell in for Bresnan. Other than Jimmy in for Sidebottom I wouldn't make a change for this game.

How come we need to still beat NZ even with a win today? We'd be on 2 games, 2 wins. Surely we'd have to lose heavily against NZ to even possibly go out, and then that'd be on NRR.

D

Dutch

I hope Jimmy is back in. I have lost a b it of faith in Sidey. Lots of heart but not enough accuracy.

Right: lets see....

Big bag of Maltesers....check

Glass of Bitter lemon, lots of ice....check

Chair in front of everyone....check

Lets go.....

D

Dutch

England win toss, bat first. Hopefully Kies'll get a few, not been in great form.

Jimmeh still not playing either. FFS.

Goddammit how bad does Sideybums need to bowl before he is trashed!!!!:noway

(Of course if he takes 4 for 19 I will be praising the selection wisdom of our wonderful side!)

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Well, he's going to get at least 1 more chance to bowl awfully and lose us a game. Seriously don't see what the England side see in him. Surely they've realised he's been a liability in the last 18 months?

D

Dutch

Well, he's going to get at least 1 more chance to bowl awfully and lose us a game. Seriously don't see what the England side see in him. Surely they've realised he's been a liability in the last 18 months?

So what's your view on the result? England win? It is going to be tough and we are going to have to bat really well. If we play out of our skins we can win it but we can also make a complete cock-up. Don't you just love following England!:p

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Entirely dependent on which England side turns up. If we turn up and play properly I see us winning the game, but I just get the feeling that we're going to see a drab England performance, end up scraping to around 120 before losing by 7/8 wickets. Maybe I'm just in a pessimistic mood :p

D

Dutch

Entirely dependent on which England side turns up. If we turn up and play properly I see us winning the game, but I just get the feeling that we're going to see a drab England performance, end up scraping to around 120 before losing by 7/8 wickets. Maybe I'm just in a pessimistic mood :p

Ha ha, get yourself a cheese toasty and a Babysham mate. Cheer you up no end! I am going for a good England win. you never know which South african team will turn up either!

Last edited by a moderator:

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
WTF... Still Sidebottom there.. I suppose Anderson was due for this match!!

Dabi

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I hope England knock the stuffing out of South Africa. Although seems unlikely (not that England can't win, just don't see em thrashing SA).

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Lumb isn't a great player of spin bowling, so it's no surprise to see him getting out to Botha.

KP is looking in incredible form. Smacks Steyn through mid-on 2nd ball and then plays a vintage Pietersen of '05 shot through cover. I tell ya, the guy is back at his very best. I see this being a huge year for Kevin Pietersen.

King Pietersen added 2 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

This is magnificent from Pietersen. I am loving this innings so far. Not seen him play like this for years, looks so confident. Put a cork in it Jessica, KP is not coming home till the end of the tournament.

Users who are viewing this thread