18th Match, Group E: England v South Africa at Bridgetown

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I know what it is. I was saying, the way you spelled it..doesnt sound right. Unless you were tryin to do some kinda accent... ahh fuzz man you killed my part of the joke!!

P

pcfan123

Ta dum tish is better?

Drum always sounds like a B sound to me

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
It is B. But the T

badum tish. Thats how i always see people write it.

Any ways, good win for England!

MacLovin added 1 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

Btw

KP Jr. to hate cricket and play soccer. :D For South Africa

Owzat

International Coach
So England may finally have got their act together, albeit in mickey mouse cricket. I guess over the course of less overs there was always a chance, not that winning this competition would rank anywhere near winning the Ashes, winning the 50 over World Cup and probably ranks somewhere between beating Bangladesh and West Indies in a Test (match/series)

Baffles me how Yardy was lower in the order than Wright and Bresnan. Looks like spin was the saffer's undoing, half their wickets falling to our spinners including four of the top five.

I think England can still go out, that much was alluded to wherever I heard or read it, but would take "freak" results and a heavy swing of R/R. That isn't impossible though in this format, England get thumped by 50+ runs and the saffers stuff Pakistan then anything his possible

Valaskjalf

Club Captain
Wow we are rubbish. I stopped watching by the 7th over in our run chase and from what I read I made the right decision. I knew Pietersen was going to be the insurmountable wall between us and the semis - that guy is terrifying once again.

But seriously...the moment Morkel no-balled, Piet edged between Boucher and Kallis and then Duminy fumbling the ball as though it was a slippery soap the game was gone. Im pretty cut up about the result, I usually get this way when we get clobbered but to be honest within the first 6 overs of the game we didnt deserve to win. Watched Gran Torino instead and it was much more fun...

Now we're stuffed. Think we're going back to Guyana to play on a turner against a Pakistan side who has nothing to lose. We need a plan B that doesnt involve Morkel and Steyn bowling their arms off, and as we all know our team sucks at plan B's.

I think semi's will be Australia, Sri Lanka, England and New Zealand.

Probably another Aus / Sri Lanka final with Australia pummeling them as though they were a bunch of blind school girls....like in the good old days. Tbh not much has changed over the past years, Australia will still dominate.

Robelinda

International Coach
The whole time ive watched SA play, since 1992, they cant seem to shake this 'rigid' tag, they never alter team selection or game plans no matter how much they appear to not be working. Whats the deal with that?? I remember all the talk around 1997 with Sa being labelled 'clinical' but not able to respond to situations. With all the coaches they have had and different captains why is this still going on years and years later???

Valaskjalf

Club Captain
The whole time ive watched SA play, since 1992, they cant seem to shake this 'rigid' tag, they never alter team selection or game plans no matter how much they appear to not be working. Whats the deal with that?? I remember all the talk around 1997 with Sa being labelled 'clinical' but not able to respond to situations. With all the coaches they have had and different captains why is this still going on years and years later???

Dunno either...imagine how difficult it is for fans like myself supporting a side like this. Its been almost 20 years since Alan Donald got rid of Geoff Marsh in that epic game in the 1992 World Cup - but ever since that game we've been having trouble. In fact I think we've been scarred ever since the "22 runs off 1 ball" thing - flip knows why its STILL hounding us.

Its terrible being a fan of SA cricket - because we always have a team thats just good enough to give us false hope. It would be a different story if we were totally useless but the fact that we always have good players makes it hard not to be hopeful, only to be let down by the perpetual flatness of our teams in general and our utter "unadaptiveness".

Must be awesome supporting Australia, u almost never get let down.

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Without counting any chickens, this England team looks like it could actually win this thing...

Valaskjalf

Club Captain
Without counting any chickens, this England team looks like it could actually win this thing...

Hmm not so sure mate. They played well yesterday, but we also allowed them to with all the fumbles and dropped catches. I think we all know when SA has a bad day its proper bad and the opposition are made to look even better.

Still think NZ might give England a good go, even though I hope (for our sake) England goes on to beat them too. Also think when you compare the two groups at this stage, the one we're in (SA/Eng/NZ/Pak) are looking like lightweights when you compare it to Aus/WI/SL. Any of those 3 sides could possibly mangle all four of the sides in our group.

Who knows...maybe you're right, what I do know for sure is that SA will be on their way back home again with Smith spinning another soppy story on why we failed again.

Users who are viewing this thread