18th Match, Group E: England v South Africa at Bridgetown

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have to be fair and say that Sidebottom has done very well in this match. Great fielding and his bowling has been very good aswell. Still would prefer Jimmy though :p

P

pcfan123

Sideshow Bob Sidebottom proving the critics wrong. England were 9-1 to win the cup before it started, should have bet :(

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I have to be fair and say that Sidebottom has done very well in this match. Great fielding and his bowling has been very good aswell. Still would prefer Jimmy though :p

This. Have hurled a fair bit of abuse at him, but he's bowled excellently today. Drop Broad for Jimmeh?

superfreddie

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Great Performance, chuffed to bits. KP awesome, MOM. Sidebottom Brilliant too, told you he was important for us, Great death bowler.:D

D

Dutch

Sideshow Bob Sidebottom proving the critics wrong. England were 9-1 to win the cup before it started, should have bet :(

Australia are going to be tough to beat, as always. Oh well played Sidebottom, well played England. Totally outclassed!

Plus another big win on the Dutchad Vbookie Bus to Paradise!!!!!!!!

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Jaffer from Sid. Been very impressed by him, maybe I was wrong after all :p Happy to be wrong though, be nice to have Sid back bowling well.

Excellent performance. Should boost the NRR sufficiently to make it all but impossible for us to be knocked out. Played lads. UFC 113 in the morning too, loving it.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
You could possibly drop Broad as he has been pretty ineffective thus far and his batting has taken a big dip recently.

I'd like Jimmy in the team not only for his bowling but his fielding is right up there with the best.

Game over. England win quite brilliantly really.

P

pcfan123

Actually if Sri Lanka finish 2nd and us 1st we might not even have to face AUS, it could be a semi against SL/WI and a final against one of the Group E teams.

Well done England, honestly the 1st time since I have started watching cricket that I think they have a realistic chance to win a major tournament

Last edited by a moderator:

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
"we'll be ba... Elloo!.... we'll be back in 10 min or so"

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Breaking news Kevin Pietersen will return to the UK in the next 24 hours. It's baby time for KP! "Provided there are no complications he will return to the Caribbean in time for the semi-finals," according to the ECB.

Least he should be back in time for the Semi's (should we get there). Good news, be gutting if he missed a key game.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
great win by England after watching this match I feel, will there be any twist in the tail?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
great win by England after watching this match I feel, will there be any twist in the tail?

If England beat New Zealand, Pakistan have a small chance (although very remote). Since Pak vs SA comes earlier, Pakistan have to make sure they beat SA really well (which is again tough because SA is a powerhouse side).

Dabi

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We really don't need to beat them by a heft margin. A last ball victory would be enough to get us into the semis as long as England beat New Zeland.

Users who are viewing this thread