No Requests Waste's Retro Things: 80s franchise teams | 1997 SL&IND teams | ID: wyyretro

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Shared an updated version of my Legends roster.

Full 35 players in now.

Added:

Allan Border
Michael Atheron
David Gower
Richard Hadlee
Malcolm Marshall
Allan Donald

--

The rest:

Ian Botham, Kapil Dev, Imran Khan, Viv Richards, Steve Waugh, Ravi Shastri, Wasim Akram, Martin Crowe, Mohammad Azharuddin, Graham Gooch, Dermot Reeve, Alec Stewart, Gordon Greenidge, Nasser Hussain, Javed Miandad, Geoffrey Boycott, Chris Lewis, Courtney Walsh, Mike Gatting, Curtly Ambrose, Abdul Qadir, Merv Hughes, Robin Smith, Devon Malcolm, Jeffrey Dujon, Angus Fraser, Jack Russell, Phil Tufnell, Eddie Hemmings.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Shared an updated version of my Legends roster.

Full 35 players in now.

Added:

Allan Border
Michael Atheron
David Gower
Richard Hadlee
Malcolm Marshall
Allan Donald

--

The rest:

Ian Botham, Kapil Dev, Imran Khan, Viv Richards, Steve Waugh, Ravi Shastri, Wasim Akram, Martin Crowe, Mohammad Azharuddin, Graham Gooch, Dermot Reeve, Alec Stewart, Gordon Greenidge, Nasser Hussain, Javed Miandad, Geoffrey Boycott, Chris Lewis, Courtney Walsh, Mike Gatting, Curtly Ambrose, Abdul Qadir, Merv Hughes, Robin Smith, Devon Malcolm, Jeffrey Dujon, Angus Fraser, Jack Russell, Phil Tufnell, Eddie Hemmings.
Lovely. These are the legends my parents used to watch, as I wasn't there yet when they played. Though I do watch a lot of old cricket videos.

No, Sachin Tendulkar? He did make his debut in 1989, and would go on to become a force in the 1990s.

santana1026

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Inspired by The Hundred I'm taking a time machine back to the 1980s to make a franchise league of my own.

Featuring all the best players from the 1980s (and earlier or a little later) taking part in an English franchise system devised before SKY came along and got their grubby mits on cricket.

The BBC and all the best and most healthy brands have teamed up with teams from around the country to bring you a Super Series of cricket. A short form game of 46 overs per side to give the fans what they want a nicely easy, short day out at the cricket for all the family.

Welcome to the BBC Silk Cut Series.

ReEuTxz.png

Please bring forward player suggestions for who would be included. Both England internationals, global superstars and lesser known legends like mystery spinners Eddie Hemmings and John Emburey.

Current teams are:

Oval Imperials - Star Wars is the biggest franchise of the 1980s so what better way to celebrate the biggest sport in the world by teaming up with the biggest brand. May the fours be with you!

47IEQPU.png

Birmingham A-Team - It's not just movies that the young people go to, they also watch the tube and that's why Brimingham have teamed up with the biggest brand in TV 'The A-Team'. I pity fools who don't coming along to Edgbaston, especially when each new batsman is driven out to the crease in the iconic van.

5i2BWdV.png

Yorkshire Yazoo - captained by 49-year-old Geoffrey Boycott, coming out of for retirement to show thee youngsters how it's done, the Yazoo will feature only players born in the county lines. As an exclusive part of the tie-in with the BBC, each innings break during Yorkshire Yazoo matches will feature a brand new episode of Last of the Summer Wine.

YNJxvv1.png

More to follow...
THIS IS EPIC!!

Did you ever complete the series?

Users who are viewing this thread