19th Match, Group F: West Indies v India at Bridgetown

Robelinda

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
These spineless Indian batsman just crack me up, these short balls they have been getting out to have been just stanard fare, horrible batting. Gotta say the future looks BLEAK for India if these guys are the future, or are they just future FLAT TRACK BULLIES? No Sachin, Dravid, Laxman- are any of the current team capable of scoring test tons in Eng, SA or Aus? Not a chance, maybe India will cease to play Test cricket in the next 5 years.

WestIndian

vBookie Team
These spineless Indian batsman just crack me up, these short balls they have been getting out to have been just stanard fare, horrible batting. Gotta say the future looks BLEAK for India if these guys are the future, or are they just future FLAT TRACK BULLIES? No Sachin, Dravid, Laxman- are any of the current team capable of scoring test tons in Eng, SA or Aus? Not a chance, maybe India will cease to play Test cricket in the next 5 years.

Yep something like that!!! :laugh:yes

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Except when he hit that 100 in Joburg ;)

Just saw that dissent from Sharma, what a disgrace.

He should not have signalled for that replay, but the initial signal that he did with his hand to show that it hit his hand was fine according to me. With the replay signal, he crossed the line. He cant tell the umpire what to do.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
but the initial signal that he did with his hand to show that it hit his hand was fine according to me.

Its fine by you but not by the rule. He cant be pointing at anything so he will get a good fine, or at least should.

Flame_Blader1

Club Cricketer
I love how people here are making predictions on India's test future based on a few T20 games. As if opposition teams are gonna bowl 90 overs of bouncers:sarcasm

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I love how people here are making predictions on India's test future based on a few T20 games. As if opposition teams are gonna bowl 90 overs of bouncers:sarcasm

We will manage the short bowling in the tests. Gambhir plays it better in the tests but plays it badly in T20's. Its because he has to keep scoring in T20's whereas in tests, he can afford to go without a run for 15-20 balls (or even more).

SaiSrini added 3 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

Its fine by you but not by the rule. He cant be pointing at anything so he will get a good fine, or at least should.

If thats the rule, I dont like it. A batsman should be allowed to suggest where the ball hit on his body. Its the umpire's decision to rule in favor or against the batsman. The batsman should not show dissent to the decision (like shaking his head at the umpire, etc) but he should let the umpire know.

Some will say the batsman might try and influence the umpire into making a wrong decision. If the umpire is that weak to be influenced, he shouldnt be umpiring in the first place. Again in my opinion, Sharma's first action (of pointing to his hand was fine) but his second (asking for a replay) was bad.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
If thats the rule, I dont like it. A batsman should be allowed to suggest where the ball hit on his body. Its the umpire's decision to rule in favor or against the batsman. The batsman should not show dissent to the decision (like shaking his head at the umpire, etc) but he should let the umpire know.

Pointing at your arm and telling the umpire it hit me here is showing dissent. Bottom line is he was given out and without a review he cant do anything about it. There are many instances with the same situation but the decision is never changed. Batsman are given out lbw when a ball hit the bat first and then the pad but all they can do about it is take a look at the inside edge. They cant take the bat up to the umpire and say this is where the ball hit the bat so reverse your decision.

Params7

International Cricketer

We're No.1 test team in the world right now tho so kthxbie. :D :banana2

Users who are viewing this thread