1st semi-final - Chennai Super Kings v RCB @ Durban

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Bollinger and Morkel are bowling like they are playing in a different ground. When Raina and Vijay batted, it was a batting paradise. Now it looks like almost a seamer's haven.

Come on Chennai! Finish this off ASAP!

I guess not many are interested to discuss the game here seeing Chennai's dominance.:D

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

What did I miss? Why won't Steyn bat and why did he not bowl if he is playing

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
RCB seems to have given up. With a required run rate of 15+, both these guys are taking singles and two's. Its boring to watch the opposition give up so early in the battle.:(

Why are these guys not swinging their bats? Damn, so boring. Dont like watching this even though I am a CHennai fan. Now some idiots will say that this game was fixed to keep N Srinivasan (Chennai's owner and an influential person in the BCCI) happy.

Good hitting from Pandey! Have started enjoying some hits from the opposition!!! Thats how it has gone till now.

Bangalore players (esp. Praveen Kumar) look like they are at a funeral. Manish Pandey is showing some fight. Like the attitude of the boy! Superb stuff from him, but coming in an almost lost cause!

Last edited:

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well, that's dismal. CSK got the ball to swing and turn, while Bangalore just lost it after the Steyn injury. Pandey did well to survive and make a 50 given how well Chennai have bowled today.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Yes, there was lot of swing on offer and even the spinners turned the ball as opposed to RCB who didnt get much turn at all. Bangalore need to work on the upcoming auction to get some good bowling backup. Without Steyn (and Kallis to an extent), they were paralysed.

If Chennai lose Bollinger and Murali, they will be hurt. Both have been good. I guess Chennai will pay the money to retain Dhoni and Raina (although it will cost them quite a bit). Dont like the upcoming auction rules where you have to pay a steep price to retain your players. Utter BS! Team building goes out of the window and most teams will have to start from the scratch.

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
Yeah, I don't like the new IPL auction one bit. Splitting up the teams is moronic. Not to mention, a lot of trading was done to bring players back to their home teams. Pandey and Uthappa weren't originally at Bangalore.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
IDHU CHENNAI CHENNAI S U P E R K I N G S!!! (This is the Chennai Super Kings)
It means the same even in Kannada:p.

BTW, first of all, well played Raina. You stole the match off and got saved from Steyn's attack:p. I'm sure Chennai wouldn't have got upto 170odd if Steyn would have bowled.

For one last time, I'll be cheering them cause the total squad is seeming to break up due to IPL norms!

Arrrrr Seeee Beeeee....
Arrrrr Seeee Beeeee....
Arrrrr Seeee Beeeee....

Lets hope the squad remains almost the same:upray.

Last edited by a moderator:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Steyn neednt have put that much effort to backpedal and take that catch. When he knew that it was out of his reach, he should have saved himself and tried to instead save runs. Why exert yourself so much for a domestic franchise when your national team needs you? In fact, had Steyn not taken that catch, things could have been a lot different for Bangalore today. Sometimes you got to judge a catch properly.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Now some idiots will say that this game was fixed to keep N Srinivasan (Chennai's owner and an influential person in the BCCI) happy.

It should be a mad thing to say that if any one does. CSK's efforts with team spirt and as a team unit is well reflected from the day 1 of this Champions league 2010. Thats why I was confident even before this semis that - Dhoni's captaincy tactics is always smarter/better than Kumble's. ;)

Lets roll on, Chennai! :banana2

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Bollinger was very good with the bowl and CSK,deserved a victory.

In fact more than Bollinger, Morkel was a big surprise with the ball. The swing and the seam position that he achieved was incredible. Never seen him bowl this well for CSK. His 3rd over, he lost his line a bit but overall he was top notch.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Raina played like a true cricketer. That was a great innings from him! And go Chennai !!

Users who are viewing this thread