1st Semi-Final: England v Sri Lanka at Gros Islet

D

Dutch

Very easy, and with lots of little mistakes as well. Nice! England in the final!:)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
So, England reach a Cricket final! As far as I remember, that's the first time the men's team, in any case, have done so, since the World Cup final v Pakistan back when I was in secondary school!

Let's hope this is a start of Finals for England this summer... :happy

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
We made the Champions Trophy final a while back. When that WIndies pair put on something like 80 for the 8th wicket.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
In between the two apparently: 9th.

I think it was 2004, because it was in England, but not the Ashes year.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
We made the Champions Trophy final a while back. When that WIndies pair put on something like 80 for the 8th wicket.

Of course we did, silly me. Still, this is the first World Cup final we've reached since then. :)

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Congrats England You Deserved It!!

Come On Win The Tournament Also Now.

We have some humble English fans who will not hype around in these forums like India and Pakistan fans did when they won!!

P

pcfan123

Id much rather we face Pakistan, but I doubt that will happen.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Pakistan need their luck going again to come to the finals!!

They need to get through the bowlers early and demoralize them.. Only way win

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This was unlikely a very easy win for England, their bowling and batting just creamed Srilankans very very strange.
Congratz to English team hope same thing will not happen in the other semifinal.

War

Chairman of Selectors
He clearly isn't. He is widely accepted as being one of the players who never achieved what they could have done. You can't polish over his average of 15. Nor is bringing two test series in a conversation about one day cricket a worthy arguement.

If Craig White of 2000-2003 was playing right now. He would definatley make a better # 7 than Bresnan in the current one-day team & T20 team. Even with his statistical record which didn't reflect his true ability.

I really fail to see your point. They had the same average but Colly has managed to score centuries, bowl decently and outfield Thorpe and you reason Thorpe being equal because if he had of managed to score some centuries his average would be better? The point is he couldn't.

It wasn't that Thorpe was not capable of scoring ODI hundreds. Anyone who watched Thorpe's ODI career, would remember it being just one of those weird things. But as i said he did his role as pur finisher or middle-order anchor
batting between # 4-6 very well.

Of course Colly's bowling & obvious better fielding made him a valubale all-round ODI cricketer. But as pure batsmen Thorpe & Colly where equal.

Recall again. Only Flintoff, White and Threscothick were capable of hitting sixes regularly. While at least 9 in the current team are capable of doing that today.

Thats a myth that sort of being conjured up during this tournament. Only the top 6 in the current team team are definately capable of hitting 6 sixes regulary when they come out to bat. The likes of Bresnan, Yardy, Swann, Broad are capbale of of possibly hittng 4's (once they get time at the crease) . But they are definately big 5 hitting lower order batsman like Razzq, Mitchell Johnson, Steve Smith, Harbhajan, Nathan McCullum, Van der Merwe.

In the 2002 team Fred, White, Trescothick, younger Collingwood definately could. While although they weren't notable 6 hitters - Knight & Stewart could definately score very quickly with 4's when needed, which would make up for their not so consistent 6 hitting ability.

Users who are viewing this thread