2 IPL tournaments a year

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Commissioner Lalit Modi is considering plans to stage two Indian Premier League tournaments a year - one in India and another shorter one overseas.
The IPL was forced to move this year because of security concerns in India.
But the event in South Africa has been so well received that Modi is exploring the possibility of taking the game into untapped markets across the globe.
"The IPL will be based in India but a second season will help us see if a market exists elsewhere too," he said.
"The potential is huge. We have turned the challenges and adversities in moving to South Africa into an opportunity. It is fans who determine if you are successful or not and they have come out in force here.
"It has shown that the tournament can be in any region, in any country. This opens up many different opportunities for us."
BBC SPORT | Cricket | Modi plans second IPL tournament

this guy is ONE greedy greedy man!

check out Modis background in Wiki. he was one bad a$5 gangsta :D total boss!

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
well, I just posted about running the champions league concept along side the IPL, but if not why can't they just take that abroad.

this seems overkill to me. Modi is a complete money grabbing git, though I kinda admire what he and his cronies managed to pull of with moving the IPL by only delaying the start by like a week.

trust me, if it had been here (UK) we'd have hummed and hawed, and considered, and moaned, and then made an absolute pigs ear of it about 3 months laters.

I'm worried about the T20 world cup, I think it's going to be a bit of a damp squib, I'm just losing confidence the ECB can organise anything recently. (on the plus side S.A. deserve at least as much credit as the BCCI for the ease of the move, so pointing towards a good world cup)

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
BBC SPORT | Cricket | Modi plans second IPL tournament

this guy is ONE greedy greedy man!

check out Modis background in Wiki. he was one bad a$5 gangsta :D total boss!

If he wants the IPL to get old, then yes by all means hold another tournament. While he is at it they should play another 10, one for each month of the year. :rolleyes:

But the event in South Africa has been so well received that Modi is exploring the possibility of taking the game into untapped markets across the globe.

The game?

Isn't the IPL just cricket. And who is going to play in the second tournament, hardly any countires are going to let there players play 2-3 months of IPL cricket a year.

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
Now matter how much we oppose, I have a strange feeling that this may just happen. We may see a shortened version of IPL being hosted in either Canada, USA or Dubai etc. pretty soon. About T20 World cup, I reckon it'd still be enjoyable and worth watching but the 50 over World Cup will suffer eventually.

formula1man

International Cricketer
Now matter how much we oppose, I have a strange feeling that this may just happen. We may see a shortened version of IPL being hosted in either Canada, USA or Dubai etc. pretty soon. About T20 World cup, I reckon it'd still be enjoyable and worth watching but the 50 over World Cup will suffer eventually.

the 50 over world cup is the greatest carnival the game has. it is my fave.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
This wont happen. Its too difficult to have 1 IPL let alone think of 2. Hes dreaming and so is everyone who thinks he will do it.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Hasn't he got enough money already? Also hasn't he considered burnout of players?

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Please, do it, Mr. Modi. Then hopefully the IPC will die and cricket will be respectable again.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
If the 2nd one becomes successful then knowing him, he'll probably even consider having 3 in a year.

Users who are viewing this thread