2 IPL tournaments a year

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
i really liked the concept when i heard it.
it will help draw more people's attention.
superb business tactics from modi.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
The most unfortunate bit is this year's finals (the two worst teams last season). It's very marketable for T20 cricket as it basically emphasizes the point that Twenty20 is such an unpredictable game. I like the IPL but not more than International cricket. I like Twenty cricket, but not more than ODI and Test cricket.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
He is just crazy and money minded. :p Already one IPL is too boring.. If things like these happen, the interest on cricket will die before 2011 Wcup. :rolleyes:

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Or maybe he's too excited and can't wait for more cricket, and a year is long to hold the enticement since this IPL's filled with many adroit players. And guess what? He's got the power to do, and why won't he if he wishes to? He can beat the odds to get another IPL. But seriously, It's a wicked thing to do.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Saw the interview of him on MAX, Looks like the mini-IPL thing is a possibility. Maybe.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Rather than mini IPL its better to have Champions League in foreign lands.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Let him do it. Its his money, he has the right to use cricket as his business and make money. If the franchises are happy and are willing to put in the money and play their teams, they why not?

If T20 is really exciting enough, it will survive the onslaught of more T20's. Same with ODI' and tests. If they are interesting and exciting enough, they will survive. If they are not, they will die on their own. What this will do is kill off those meaningless ODI's and tests (between minnows and between unevenly matched sides). I personally vote for it. We want more, Modi!

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Let him do it. Its his money, he has the right to use cricket as his business and make money. If the franchises are happy and are willing to put in the money and play their teams, they why not?

If T20 is really exciting enough, it will survive the onslaught of more T20's. Same with ODI' and tests. If they are interesting and exciting enough, they will survive. If they are not, they will die on their own. What this will do is kill off those meaningless ODI's and tests (between minnows and between unevenly matched sides). I personally vote for it. We want more, Modi!

No, we don't.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
i really liked the concept when i heard it.
it will help draw more people's attention.
superb business tactics from modi.

it will be a overkill. and people will lose interest. you are for kolkata right? if are you should know this saying "labu bashi chiplay tita barhoi"

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
It's the champions league. Best domestic teams fight it out in about 2-3 weeks during october. I don't think it affects international schedules.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Noway ................ :mad:

Enough of 20 over madness, its already a torture. Test cricket is the real game ;) This Modi was also talking of 2 IPL in a year :rolleyes:

Sanjeev.911

School Cricketer
2 IPL tournaments a year??? :facepalmHe wants to convert Cricket which has a international flavour to it into a game which has only the Club flavour with the Ashes, Indo-Pak matches happening once in 4 years??? :doh My God, Modi, Have you gone crazy rather have you gone :banana2's???????? :help OH GOd Save me. . . . . :hpraise

Users who are viewing this thread